Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
105 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 105

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Boonton Reservoir
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:
I have no idea what your real agenda is here, but now that you've brought this to my attention, I plan to support it. Thanks!

Same here!! I had no idea this was up for discussion and vote, but now that I do, I plan to support it and will encourage others to do the same.

Posted on: 2018/7/17 13:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
This is what Councilman Boggiano said: NY as I said has strict rules and the res. Should be secured properly. Jersey should follow NY. And keep the res. Safe and pure. As I said yesterday,what a shame we sold the and years ago around the res. Instead of keeping it from development. This city really screwed up in selling land. Meanwhile NY. Is buying up land around feeder streams and protecting their drinking water.

Posted on: 2018/7/17 13:32

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/1/14 12:53
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
My family has homes upstate NY that has rivers that feed the Ashokian reservoir, we all spend out summers swimming in them, the farmers have cows that do the same. Its not an issue. Open it up.

Posted on: 2018/7/17 11:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/14 1:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Resolution 18-653 is a licensed agreement with JC and Open Space Institute for Jersey City Reservoir in Boonton. There will be trails in the reservoir, meaning the reservoir will be open to the public, the more it is open to the public the greater risks of contamination. It is the water we drink. It is on the agenda for Wednesday.

What you're saying is beyond absurd.

1) The reservoir is huge. You'd have to dump entire tanker trucks to "contaminate" it.

2) The water is purified after it leaves the reservoir. It's not going to get contaminated by hikers.

3) The Rockaway River feeds into the reservoir. It's publicly accessible... including at a park about 300 yards away from the reservoir.

4) Numerous reservoirs have open space and hiking nearby... and don't result in OMG NO TERRARIST ATTACKS GAAAAAHHHH!!!

Quote:
I don't want access to terrorist or just to people who walks their dogs and decides their dog should be in the reservoir. We do have Reservoir 3 in JC for recreational purposes. Besides this would not benefit JC in any way since Boonton is not closeby.

There is no terrorist threat. That's beyond absurd.

Dogs pose no threat to the reservoir. It's open space, fer cryin' out loud. All sorts of animals and birds and insects are in the area.

I live in JC. I hike all over northern NJ. I'll benefit, just like I've benefitted from so many other natural spaces opened to hikers. So will many other New Jersey residents... who, last I checked, are paying to educate our kids. Not only is it the right thing to do, it's beneficial for the city, as it builds a little good will.

This is all upside.

I have no idea what your real agenda is here, but now that you've brought this to my attention, I plan to support it. Thanks!

Posted on: 2018/7/17 0:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The Boonton Reservoir is fenced off and should remain that way. I don't want access to terrorist or just to people who walks their dogs and decides their dog should be in the reservoir. We do have Reservoir 3 in JC for recreational purposes. Besides this would not benefit JC in any way since Boonton is not closeby.

Posted on: 2018/7/16 23:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/27 14:41
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
The reservoir is filled by the Rockaway River and its tributaries, all of which have massive exposure to any recreational activity that the reservoir would see. The water is filtered and sanitized in Boonton before it enters the aqueduct.

Open the reservoir!

Posted on: 2018/7/16 23:11

Boonton Reservoir
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Resolution 18-653 is a licensed agreement with JC and Open Space Institute for Jersey City Reservoir in Boonton. There will be trails in the reservoir, meaning the reservoir will be open to the public, the more it is open to the public the greater risks of contamination. It is the water we drink. It is on the agenda for Wednesday.

Posted on: 2018/7/16 21:12

« 1 2 (3)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017