Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
113 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 113

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: Christie bars NJ media cuz he's got POTUS ambitions
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
chris christie reminds me of eddie haskell from "leave it to beaver"

Posted on: 2015/2/3 21:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/8 21:51
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/2/3 21:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/9 11:15
Group:
Registered Users
This is not how you should handle difficult or controversial issues issues when you are running for POTUS.

Chris Christie Ducks Media After Controversial Vaccination Comments

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02 ... ccinations_n_6605796.html

Posted on: 2015/2/3 21:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
I can't wait to see GOP primary debates. You shouldn't miss it. It's going to be quite a freak show!

Posted on: 2015/2/3 18:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
I'm not a citizen, so I can't vote, but even if I could, I would not vote for CC. But it's not just CC though. Every one of GOP potential candidate is delusional to think that they even have a chance. What a pathetic stupid party GOP is!

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles ... -the-party-of-stupid.html

Posted on: 2015/2/3 18:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
He wont get my vote, or the rest of NJ. He probably will get what's his name vote his favorite ass licker (insert name here)

Posted on: 2015/2/3 18:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
"State taxpayers paid for Mr. Christie, his wife and two aides to travel to the 2013 Super Bowl in New Orleans, as New Jersey prepared to host the 2014 game. Airfare for four passengers came to $8,146; Mr. Christie?s hotel for three nights cost $3,371.

He has fought to shield the cost of his travel. The Super Bowl expenses were revealed only after a judge?s order in a lawsuit brought by The Record, a newspaper in northern New Jersey. In response to other lawsuits and public records requests, the governor?s office has argued that he is not subject to disclosure laws regarding travel, or that it does not have the records."

As United States attorney for New Jersey, Mr. Christie developed a reputation for flouting the rules on travel. A Justice Department report after he left office found that he was the prosecutor who most often exceeded the charges allowed for hotel stays in different cities, without properly searching for a cheaper alternative, or justifying any exemption from the rules. He stayed at a Four Seasons in Washington and a new boutique hotel in Boston, for example, at more than double the cost allowed for those cities.

The report concerned hotel stays, but Mr. Christie?s preference for car services over taxis earned a footnote: He paid $236 to travel four miles from the airport in Boston, and $562 for a round-trip between Central London and Heathrow. Mr. Christie, who by then was governor, declined to be interviewed by investigators preparing the Justice Department report.

Posted on: 2015/2/3 13:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/27 14:41
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
The King of Jordan! Demanding private jets! What a humble, blue collar guy.

Posted on: 2015/2/3 13:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/2/3 13:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Christie's upbringing certainly pales in comparison to Hillary Clinton's, born with a silver spoon in her mouth.

But I'm not concerned about ancient history.

Monroe, what do you think of Christie's comments today that parents should have some "choice" in giving their kids vaccinations, and this shouldn't be mandated by the government?

Posted on: 2015/2/3 4:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Nonsense. Here is the development built on the Kean family homestead in Livingston.

Christie didn't grow up in those circumstances.

Not on third base.

http://www.newjerseyluxuryrealestate.com/livingston/bel-air/

Posted on: 2015/2/3 2:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Pebs, my only point was that your comment about Christie being 'born on third base' was incorrect. It's simply not true. You could say Governor Kean was. Or any Kennedy was and is. Christie didn't have a difficult childhood, but he didn't go to Newark Academy in Livingston, or Choate. His dad coached Little League. He's not a silver spoon kid whatsoever.

I used to coach kid's soccer. That states nothing of my income.

Kean grew up in Livingston, just like Christie. I won't claim they had the same wealth, but Christie's mother didn't need to work in order for them to afford the home, food nor the baseball gear he had.

It's possible that his dad wouldn't buy him the most expensive cleats that the store had, but his childhood wasn't close to rough. It was also not modest (one working parent in a nice neighborhood negates modesty).

I cannot personally care less about his upbringing. What care about is recognition of it. He had opportunities not afforded to the vast majority of the state he lived in. He did not face the hardships that others had to get where they are. His path wasn't paved with gold, but it damn sure was paved. Many of his failings are a lack of recognition of just that.

Posted on: 2015/2/3 2:21
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Pebs, my only point was that your comment about Christie being 'born on third base' was incorrect. It's simply not true. You could say Governor Kean was. Or any Kennedy was and is. Christie didn't have a difficult childhood, but he didn't go to Newark Academy in Livingston, or Choate. His dad coached Little League. He's not a silver spoon kid whatsoever.

Posted on: 2015/2/3 1:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
omg! jeb bush is so wonderful! NOT. he is worse than his brother GWB.

Posted on: 2015/2/3 1:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Christie's parents were certainly middle class. Mom was raised by a single mother (divorced, what a scandal) and one of her sisters was married to a capo in the Genovese mob family.

Don't get much more Newark than that. Not exactly gin and tonics at Baltusrol!

Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
An Irish dad and a Sicilian mom, that's about as middle class as you get in the sixties.

? If you need any more proof that racists are stupid ?

Being connected to the mob doesn't make you poor nor middle class.

At this point, you're just trolling to troll. Arguing that he was raised in Newark when he was still crapping in his diapers after he left proves it.

The guy grew up in a well-to-do neighborhood with a well-off father and a mother that didn't need to work. It's fun to talk about the rise of a politician from humble beginnings but it's a completely different story when it's more Betty Crocker out of a box than made from scratch...

Posted on: 2015/2/3 1:34
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Christie's parents were certainly middle class. Mom was raised by a single mother (divorced, what a scandal) and one of her sisters was married to a capo in the Genovese mob family.

Don't get much more Newark than that. Not exactly gin and tonics at Baltusrol!

Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
An Irish dad and a Sicilian mom, that's about as middle class as you get in the sixties.

Posted on: 2015/2/3 1:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/27 14:41
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2015/2/3 0:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Pebs, yes, born and raised in Newark. Middle class parents, not WASPY rich folks. Even today, CPA's aren't particularly high earners.

http://www.accountingedu.org/new-jersey-accountant-salary.html

Your 'born on third base and thinks he hit a triple' comment is still incorrect. But he was a catcher on the Livingston High team that won the state championship-he earned third base it would seem!

Posted on: 2015/2/2 19:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Pebs, you're now tripling down, in a losing cause. He was born and raised in Newark. An Irish dad and a Sicilian mom, that's about as middle class as you get in the sixties. Dad got his degree on the GI Bill. Mom was a stay at home mom.

And if you can't provide numbers for Livingston in the sixties and seventies-you should try. It was just another suburb then, it's gone upscale since. Growing up I could bike to Livingston in a few minutes. It's quite different now from then.

And the info I've read about Christie growing up middle class isn't from press releases from his PR team.

I absolutely LOVE it. Dude spends years 0 through 5 in Newark and suddenly that makes him "raised" there! I get that you can't admit to being completely wrong, but, jeez, at least realize that the guy wasn't raised in Newark.

His parents' nationalities have about as much to do with socio-economics as apples have to do with steel mills. It's a joke that you try to claim as such.

The fact is, I look at the 2012 numbers and the average income of the place I grew up is $61k. That's half the present day of Livingston. Dialing back, Livingston was never a ghetto. I do want the '67 numbers, but they don't seem out there on simple quick searches.

Fact is, the guy wasn't "middle class". If anything, he was upper-middle class. However, his mom didn't work and he grew up and was raised in a wealthy town. Downright rich? No. But he didn't miss a meal or worry about losing heat.

If you'd like to provide Christie's family income from that area instead of speculating on how much money they had based upon nationality, be my guest. Until then, I'll go with the economics of the town followed by the individual's behavior.

Posted on: 2015/2/2 19:26
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/13 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
So pathetic watching Monroe carry water for his boy Christie. The reality : Christie has been a terrible governor and is a miserable human being. And with Jeb Bush in the race, Christie is on his way to political palookaville.

Posted on: 2015/2/2 19:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Pebs, you're now tripling down, in a losing cause. He was born and raised in Newark. An Irish dad and a Sicilian mom, that's about as middle class as you get in the sixties. Dad got his degree on the GI Bill. Mom was a stay at home mom.

And if you can't provide numbers for Livingston in the sixties and seventies-you should try. It was just another suburb then, it's gone upscale since. Growing up I could bike to Livingston in a few minutes. It's quite different now from then.

And the info I've read about Christie growing up middle class isn't from press releases from his PR team.

Posted on: 2015/2/2 19:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Pebs, you're still wrong. He wasn't raised as a rich kid, born on third base. Pretty much every story about Christie growing up mentions he lived a middle class life with middle class values, not upper class or wealthy.

Here let me correct this for you...

Every story put out by Christie's PR team mentions him growing up with a middle class life...

Now, his actions where he acts like a bully in his public meetings and interviews is the antithesis of "middle class values." That is the behavior of a spoiled jerk. You can argue it if you like, but I don't recall "middle class values" qualified with such behavior.

Average 2012 income for Livingston, NJ is $112k. Average NJ income is $69k. Considering that this is a town that is not remotely considered "middle class" now, it damn sure wasn't considered "middle class" in 1967.

I do see that you've retracted your "born and raised in Newark" nonsense. At least you are willing to drop some fallacies despite refusing to admit to being wrong.

Posted on: 2015/2/2 18:44
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Pebs, you're still wrong. He wasn't raised as a rich kid, born on third base. Pretty much every story about Christie growing up mentions he lived a middle class life with middle class values, not upper class or wealthy.

Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
He was born and raised in Newark, until his family fled to the suburbs after the 1967 riots. His father was an accountant. Saying he was born on third base is incorrect and silly. He wasn't a rich kid at all.

1. Not all of Newark is a ghetto.
2. He was born in 1962. How you think living in a place until you are 5 years old qualifies as "raised in Newark" is a reach beyond that which Stretch Armstrong could grant.

Livingston isn't a ghetto. It's not remotely close to being a ghetto. It wasn't remotely close to being a ghetto in 1967. He did not come from poverty. His father made a very good living as a CPA. I have no idea why you believe CPAs make little money. They made beyond enough money to have a one family income while living in a fairly posh community.

Posted on: 2015/2/2 18:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
He was born and raised in Newark, until his family fled to the suburbs after the 1967 riots. His father was an accountant. Saying he was born on third base is incorrect and silly. He wasn't a rich kid at all.

1. Not all of Newark is a ghetto.
2. He was born in 1962. How you think living in a place until you are 5 years old qualifies as "raised in Newark" is a reach beyond that which Stretch Armstrong could grant.

Livingston isn't a ghetto. It's not remotely close to being a ghetto. It wasn't remotely close to being a ghetto in 1967. He did not come from poverty. His father made a very good living as a CPA. I have no idea why you believe CPAs make little money. They made beyond enough money to have a one family income while living in a fairly posh community.

Posted on: 2015/2/2 17:35
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/2/2 17:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Born on third base-jeez, he was born in Newark! Mom was Sicilian. He wasn't a trust fund kid like Kean.

A lot of people are born in Newark. He didn't grow up there. Unless you think the mean streets of Livingston gave him a hardened approach. I have no idea why it matters what his mother's nationality is. It did not hinder him in the slightest.

As i said before, his actions demonstrate a pathetic man that has no concept of what it means to truly earn something while facing adversity.

Posted on: 2015/2/2 16:11
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
Run, Christie, Run! I would LOVE to see him make fool out of himself! It's going to be fun!

What we'll love to see is Hilary explaining 'What difference does it make' about the death of four Americans under her command and watch. Much more than a traffic jam that Christie had nothing to do with.

Posted on: 2015/2/2 15:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Run, Christie, Run! I would LOVE to see him make fool out of himself! It's going to be fun!

Posted on: 2015/2/2 15:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Born on third base-jeez, he was born in Newark! Mom was Sicilian. He wasn't a trust fund kid like Kean.

Posted on: 2015/2/2 15:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

borisp wrote:
Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Yes, I know Lefty-like most Lefties you don't want Hilary to testify....

Why are you discussing Hillary Clinton in a thread about Christie barring NJ reporters from a mini-press conference?

Mostly because greenvile brought it up.

Quote:
Unless he was holding the talk in a closet, there's no valid reason why he should have kept NJ press out.

Obama has events closed to press all the time, and yet a lot of people here voted for him twice.

Quote:
I don't care if he's running for higher office, as long as he does his job reasonably well in the meantime, and cares about his current constituents. He doesn't seem to have done either of those two things, and this is yet another indication of the latter.

Frankly, I'm not sure why people here are so much against Christie running. If they were conservatives or libertarians, I wouldn't be surprised if they preferred Republican nominee to be Paul, or Cruz, or Walker. Christie is probably the closest-to-Democrat candidate of the bunch.

I'd like to think there were intelligent people that can qualitatively recognize the difference between the president of the US having closed door events and the governor of a state having a specific state session blocking out the local state media.

There are people on this planet that work hard to make their way in this world. I put Obama on that stage, given his up bringing and life story. I put G HW Bush in that category as well. I think Huckabee and Ron Paul are interesting guys, though somewhat crazy.

Christie is none of those. He's like W in that he was born on third base and he thinks he hit a triple. When he's confronted with adversity, he goes into bully mode. Heck, his handling of his weight shows his attitude towards work. At his core, the man is a loser trying to compensate. He is pathetic.

Posted on: 2015/2/2 14:30
Dos A Cero

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017