Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
140 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 140

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: 2011 Board of Education Election - Vidya Gangadin- JC Mom for School Board!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/7/30 1:08
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ates_slam_jersey_cit.html

BOE candidates slam Jersey City Public Schools administration during Q&A forum

By Terrence T. McDonald/The Jersey Journal The Jersey Journal

The central administration of Jersey City Public Schools was under attack tonight at a question-and-answer forum for the 10 candidates running for three open seats on the Board of Education.

Vidya Gangadin blasted the high schools? low graduation rate ....

Posted on: 2011/3/31 14:13

Re: 2011 Board of Education Election - Vidya Gangadin- JC Mom for School Board!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
School Board Forums -

Parents and Communities United for Education Candidate Forum: Wednesday, March 30 from 6 to 8 pm; at the Mary McLeod Bethune Life Center (140 Martin Luther King Drive).

Historic Paulus Hook Association Candidate Forum: Thursday, April 7 from 6 to 8 pm; at School #16 (96 Sussex Street).

Jersey City Coalition of Parent/Teacher Organizations Candidate Forum: Wednesday, April 13 from 6 to 8 pm; at Ferris High School (35 Colgate Street).

http://www.jerseycityindependent.com/ ... e-forums-begin-next-week/

Posted on: 2011/3/30 4:03

2011 Board of Education Election - Vidya Gangadin- JC Mom for School Board!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
http://www.politickernj.com/46112/gan ... c-school-board-candidacy#

Gangadin kicks off JC School Board candidacy
By Max Pizarro | March 22nd, 2011

Vidya Gangadin, a public school parent leader and private sector financial analyst, announced today that she is a candidate for the Jersey City School Board.

?The public schools exist to serve our children. Yet the voice of the parents -- the true stakeholders -- has gone unheard,? said Gangadin. ?The other candidates have no children in our public schools... so what is their stake? I will stand for my children and yours.?

The candidate serves as the PTA Vice President and is a member of the School Leadership Committee at Academy I Middle School and a member of the Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) at PS 38, where her 6 and 4 year old children attend. She is also a member of both the JC Board of Education?s Parent Advisory Council and the Jersey City Coalition of Parent Teacher Organizations (JCCPTO).

?When a parent sends her child out the door to school each morning, she?s concerned about three things -- that her child is being challenged academically, is in a safe environment and is healthy,? said Gangadin. ?These are the key areas where I will focus my attention as a member of the Jersey City Board of Education.?

Gangadin has been employed for the past twenty years at a private sector financial firm where she is currently the head of operations. She has a BA in Finance from the University of Guyana and a finance certificate from New York University. She resides in Jersey City with her husband, Thomas, and children ages 14,11,6,4 who attend High Tech High, Academy 1 and PS38 respectively.

Posted on: 2011/3/22 22:23

« 1 2 (3)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017