Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
84 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 84

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Hamilton Park Neighborhood Assn. - Updates
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/9/9 13:46
From Intersection of Venerated @ Ensconced
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

super_furry wrote:
I am posting this on behalf of Ava. She is on the agenda to speak at the October HPNA meeting.
----------------------------------------------------------

RESPONSIBLE DOG OWNERS OF
HAMILTON PARK UNITE

Aggressive dogs + Apathetic Dog Owners = Angry Community

Are you one of the many responsible dog owners in the Hamilton Park area who is tired of being blamed for the irresponsible actions of a few?

Join me in forming the Responsible Dog Owners Association of Hamilton Park. Let?s work together to build a strong community of responsible dog owners.

The goals of our dog-focused Association will be to:

*Promote responsible, caring dog ownership and better behaved dogs in Hamilton Park and the surrounding community through education, training, recreation, and enjoyment.

*Create guidelines for acceptable dog/owner behavior in Hamilton Park and the surrounding community.

*Develop an association web site and online network of local dog owners.

*Advocate and lobby representatives on behalf of dogs and dog owners in the Hamilton Park community.

*Build and maintain good relationships with related organizations and the community-at-large.

*Sponsor dog-related forums, activities, and events.

If you share these goals, and are as crazy about your dogs as I am about mine, let?s make this happen. Please provide your name, your dog?s name, your address and email information on the sign-up sheet located in Walt?s Liquor Store on the corner of 8th Street and Jersey Avenue and I?ll follow-up.

Let?s get this association up and running!!!

Ava Thorin

---------------------------------------------
Tips For Being A Good Dog Owner

Carry a leash
*Pick up and dispose of dog waste
*Do not leave dogs unattended
*Leash or muzzle aggressive dogs
*Control excessive noise
*Prevent digging and destructive behavior
*License your dog
*Always carry a bag, a spare and a share
*Let your dog off-leash only in safe areas
*Never let your dog get more than 20 feet away from you.

All this? yet no mention of any of the legal alternatives for off-leash activity (i.e. ? the dog-run, change to the leash law to permit dogs off-leash to some schedule)??...

How credible is a ?dog advocacy? group going to be if it?s unwilling to take on the tough stuff??...

I agree with Br6dR ? it does kind of sound more like a ?finger-wagging? group.

Posted on: 2007/10/1 13:11
"Dogs are our link to paradise." - Milan Kundera

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/2/4 14:07
Group:
Banned
Lette me be the Firste to Adde a plea against the Urination permitted by walkers' dogs, onto the Pryvate and personal properties and curtilages of our citizenry.

Were I to strolle down Hudson Boulevard or Henderson Avenue, and (in the words of Mr. Pepys) "dance my dance" upon your stoope or planters., would thee Notte be Offended?

Whilst the Streetes of Gammontown surely are notte Paved with Gold, they have fyne gutters with Ample curbs. An intelligent canine is nonetheless presumed to be subservient to its' Master, and the Spoilage of planted Flowers and odiferous Puddles from poodles can only be the result of Apathy, Disrespect and Poore Breeding - of the Owner, not the Animal.

I beseech thee, Curb Thy Canine!!

Posted on: 2007/10/1 12:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Br6dR wrote:
Quote:

super_furry wrote:

Carry a leash
*Control excessive noise
*License your dog

You're one of the more civilized people who post here, so I'm not posting this to start a flame war with you. That being said, it seems to me that she created this organization to advocate a no-leash agenda.

I don't read it that way.

The dog population has grown tremendously in certain parts of Jersey City. In the past few weeks many different issues all regarding responsible dog ownership has been mentioned one way or another.
IMO forming a group to deal with this is a move in a positive direction.

Posted on: 2007/10/1 11:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

super_furry wrote:

Carry a leash
*Control excessive noise
*License your dog

You're one of the more civilized people who post here, so I'm not posting this to start a flame war with you. That being said, it seems to me that she created this organization to advocate a no-leash agenda.

Posted on: 2007/10/1 9:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/2/7 17:42
From Ward E - Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
I am posting this on behalf of Ava. She is on the agenda to speak at the October HPNA meeting.
----------------------------------------------------------

RESPONSIBLE DOG OWNERS OF
HAMILTON PARK UNITE

Aggressive dogs + Apathetic Dog Owners = Angry Community

Are you one of the many responsible dog owners in the Hamilton Park area who is tired of being blamed for the irresponsible actions of a few?

Join me in forming the Responsible Dog Owners Association of Hamilton Park. Let?s work together to build a strong community of responsible dog owners.

The goals of our dog-focused Association will be to:

*Promote responsible, caring dog ownership and better behaved dogs in Hamilton Park and the surrounding community through education, training, recreation, and enjoyment.

*Create guidelines for acceptable dog/owner behavior in Hamilton Park and the surrounding community.

*Develop an association web site and online network of local dog owners.

*Advocate and lobby representatives on behalf of dogs and dog owners in the Hamilton Park community.

*Build and maintain good relationships with related organizations and the community-at-large.

*Sponsor dog-related forums, activities, and events.

If you share these goals, and are as crazy about your dogs as I am about mine, let?s make this happen. Please provide your name, your dog?s name, your address and email information on the sign-up sheet located in Walt?s Liquor Store on the corner of 8th Street and Jersey Avenue and I?ll follow-up.

Let?s get this association up and running!!!

Ava Thorin

---------------------------------------------

Carry a leash
*Control excessive noise
*License your dog

Posted on: 2007/10/1 4:19

Hamilton Park Neighborhood Assn. - Updates
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/24 18:16
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
[HPNA-JC-Public] HPNA October Newsletter
Sun 9/30/07 8:34 PM

You're Invited to the HPNA's Next Community Meeting:

WEDNESDAY OCT 3, 2007 ? 7:45 PM

The Cordero School, 0n Erie between 9th St and Pavonia Avenue

Meeting Agenda

7:45 to 8:00 - Crime Report

Police Officer Dina Reilly from the East District Police Department will come to discuss our neighborhood safety concerns. The Jersey City Police Department has a new website, www.njjcpd.org that provides extensive Department Information as well as Preventive Tips. Please note the non-emergency police number: (201) 547-5477.

8:00 ? 8:45 Dogs in Hamilton Park

Animal Control Officer Joe Frank, P.O. Dina Reilly, and a representative from NID will discuss the recent dog attacks in Hamilton Park. Everyone is invited to talk about dogs in Hamilton Park, including current leash and dog registration laws. Long-time community member and business owner Ava Thorin will present her ideas for a cohesive and responsible Hamilton Park dog community. For everything dog-related in Jersey City, check out the online listserve DogJC at http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/DOGJC/.

8:45 ? 9:00 General HPNA Community Updates, Concerns, Questions

The HPNA will update the community on various neighborhood concerns, including the planned Hamilton Park renovation ? the construction document plans are almost complete! Volunteers are also needed for the HPNA Halloween Party and Parade in the park from 2-4 pm Sun, 10/28.

9:00 - 9:30 Neighborhood social time, chat with presenters

Upcoming Events around Hamilton Park

Sat and Sun, Oct 6th/7th, 12 noon to 6pm ? JC ProArts Studio Tour

The 17th annual Jersey City Artists' Studio Tour is taking place on October 6th and 7th from 12 noon to 6pm. To find the artists' studios and the group shows participating in the Studio Tour throughout Jersey City, pick up a free map and guide on the 6th and 7th from 11:30am through 6pm at the Studio Tour tents, located just outside the Grove Street and Journal Square PATH stations. For more information, check out the JC ProArts website at www.proartsjerseycity.org.

Sat, October 13th, 12 noon to 4pm ? Celebrate Embankment Victory

On August 9th the federal Surface Transportation Board gave the city, county and state governments a second chance to acquire the Harsimus Branch (6th Street) Embankment from Conrail on reasonable terms. This is a huge victory for the city and all of the citizens who have worked so hard to preserve the Embankment as an historic landmark and public open space. While the journey is by no means finished, the Embankment Preservation Coalition (EPC) is taking this opportunity to CELEBRATE. Join the EPC from noon to 4pm at Resurrection School Gymnasium (Holy Rosary Church Complex), 189 Brunswick St, corner of 6th and Brunswick. The full program can be viewed at the EPC website: www.embankment.org.

Sun, October 28th, 2pm to 4pm ? HPNA Halloween Party

Bring out the kids and the pets to enjoy the annual HPNA-sponsored Halloween Party in Hamilton Park. Activities include costume contests for children and pets and a costume parade for all around the park. Come decorate a pumpkin in the Hamilton Park Gazebo and kids are invited to enjoy the candy goody bags. Look for updates and details on the HPNA blog at http://hpnajc.blogspot.com.

Sat and Sun, Oct 27th and 28th, 12 noon to 10pm ? St. Jude Festival

The community is invited to join in the St. Jude festivities hosted by Resurrection Parish on 9th Street between Jersey Ave and Erie Street. Check out food vendors, games, and live entertainment. Please note that this portion of 9th Street will be closed to vehicular traffic during the festival hours on the weekend.

Please visit the HPNA Website and Blog at:
www.hamiltonpark.org and http://hpnajc.blogspot.com

__._,_.___

Posted on: 2007/10/1 3:59
Resized Image
Help US Sue Spectra! Join OR Donate!

« 1 2 (3)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me