Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
117 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 117

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10) 11 12 13 »

Re: Please clean up your dog poop...
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

disportus wrote:
Cannot wait for HP to open and wade through poop to get to the awesome new slides.

Is there an age limit on the slides? Can I, as an adult, enjoy them too when there aren't any kids around? Best play ground I've seen. Lucky kids.

Posted on: 2010/5/25 18:36

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/9/13 18:47
Group:
Registered Users
I see these people outside my house. If I don't say anything to them, they'll just let their dog crap and pee in from of my stairs. I almost saw a lady who was ready to walk away, i told her she better pick it up....you just learn to walk with your head down.

Posted on: 2010/5/25 18:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

disportus wrote:
gross. I cannot stand that people use other people's trash cans, take your crap home with you!

if the poop is properly bagged, how is this a problem? (don't let the avatar mislead you, I am currently dogless, and not leaving bags of poop anywhere.)

Posted on: 2010/5/25 18:06

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/8/5 3:34
Group:
Registered Users
gross. I cannot stand that people use other people's trash cans, take your crap home with you! We don't ever leave ours out for this very reason. We keep them in the backyard. It is hilarious that everyone who owns a dog says they clean up after it and curb it yet the poop runs aplenty on every sidewalk from here to hello (that would be everywhere). My favorite is the jerks who let their dogs hike on my front steps. Keeping it classy, JC, keeping it classy. Cannot wait for HP to open and wade through poop to get to the awesome new slides.

Posted on: 2010/5/25 17:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/7/7 17:42
Group:
Registered Users
I live near across from the embankment on a corner brownstone - our trash cans are located at the fence line. They are *loaded* with dog poop each weekend.

I'm happy that so many owners are dilligently cleaning up after their pets and bothered because the trash cans smell like toilets - from half a block away. Yikes! I end up scrubbing them with bleach every other weekend.

So sorry that public cans were removed from Jersey Avenue. Dog owners have no choice, I guess, than to look for the closest can.

Posted on: 2010/5/25 17:18

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/7/27 2:05
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
What I would like to Suggest is that when you see someone not picking up after there dog you take a picture of them with your phone and post it on this site. Nothing bothers me more then seeing all the poop around the place. I always pick up after mine and other should to.

Posted on: 2010/5/25 16:04

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/1/17 16:28
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Some people just aren't responsible dog owners. I have a dog and I am... Its no fun for responsible dog owners to see poop everywhere either. Gives all dog owners a bad name.

However I have to vent about something almost as bad... People letting dogs pee in places they aren't supposed to... at my building there are more than a few dog owners that let their dog pee right on the steps outside the building. It's disgusting... the steps are completely covered in it. If you live in my building you know what I mean.

I want to complain but I am afraid the building might make some rash decision like not letting dogs stay there any more.

(sorry had to vent)

Posted on: 2010/5/25 15:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 2:33
Group:
Registered Users
I applaud you.
Start training him early and he'll grow up to be a responsible dog-owner one day!

Posted on: 2010/5/25 15:29

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/1/15 0:06
Group:
Registered Users
I want to revive this topic because as a childless, non-pet owner it bothered me but now that I have children this is now in the forefront of my mind. My son almost picked up some poop in the grass one day in the park. (He runs faster than I do, people in the park think this is hilarious). I can't let him enjoy the grass pet free zones!

Posted on: 2010/5/25 15:19

Re: PEOPLE NOT CURBING THEIR DOGS!!!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Reaching epidemic proportions now in Enos Jones Park and all over the Hamilton Park area. Seems a lot of JC "old-timers" are still living in the 1950's and letting their dogs sh*t everywhere...

I'm not sure it's just the "old-timers" - as the snow recedes there are new discoveries every day. Somehow a lot of dog owners think snow means a vacation day from poop handling.

Another poster said this happens but I had my doubts -- well she/he was right on the money!

Posted on: 2010/2/23 16:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
I love the "DOG Sh!T" signs I see stuck in poop and on the ground around wayne and varick. The make me laugh. I get the idea but isn't that littering?

Posted on: 2010/2/23 16:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Reaching epidemic proportions now in Enos Jones Park and all over the Hamilton Park area. Seems a lot of JC "old-timers" are still living in the 1950's and letting their dogs sh*t everywhere. I see that one idiot with a large german-sheperd letting it poop all over Enos Jones Pk. He's a 40 ish white guy who is always smoking a cigar. I would like to start photographing people and posting them on this site. Time to start calling these people out as they make all other dog owners look bad.

Posted on: 2010/2/23 16:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Someone should contact animal control or cityhall and via a freedom of information request ask how many citations have been issued for dog crap related issues... I bet not a one !

Posted on: 2010/1/23 20:50
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/25 0:21
Group:
Registered Users
If you ever let your dog run and poop, bring a flashlight. I've searched with a flashlight when we had Hamilton Park open. I hated stepping on someone else dog's poop as I was looking for my dog's poop.

Don't these people know that dog poop spreads canine diseases.

Posted on: 2010/1/23 6:11

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/10/17 19:38
Group:
Registered Users
Thank you Blumpkin.

This thing should be mandatory for urban areas.

Posted on: 2010/1/23 1:53

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/5 21:22
Group:
Registered Users
Problem solved

Posted on: 2010/1/22 22:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/8/28 13:19
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Just like parents who shouldn't throw their kids full diapers into the street!!

WTF. What kind of trashy low-life would throw a diaper in the street? Gross.

Posted on: 2010/1/22 19:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/18 1:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
I really don't understand why folks are so precious about their garbage cans.

Raw dog crap wouldn't be nice, but as long as its tied up in a plastic bag, who cares?

Robin.

Posted on: 2010/1/22 19:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
As a dog owner I do not put my dog's poo-bags into anyone's residential garbage can. I think that it is wrong to do that. I only use the public trashcans which are usually far away from any residents and are emptied more frequently. Carrying poo-bags for blocks sucks but it's part of the responsibilty of dog ownership. Just like parents who shouldn't throw their kids full diapers into the street!!

Posted on: 2010/1/22 19:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/20 14:33
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

FGJCNJ1970 wrote:
I'm a dog owner and when I walk my dog at night, I always bring plastic baggies with me from the supermarket to clean up.

However, I am thinking part of the problem is that our wonderful city decided to remove like all public garbage cans downtown.

Literally, on Jersey Ave, from Newark to Hamilton Park, there is like 1 garbage can. There used to be cans on EVERY corner.

After my dog does her business, maybe four blocks away... its a pain to have to carry "the doo doo" four blocks back to home but I do. Occasionally I'll find a private garbage can available on someone's property to dispose of, but seriously....

WHERE DID THE TRASH CANS GO.

I would contend that if there were more trash cans, so people didn't have to walk around with "doo doo" in bags, more "irresponsible" dog owners would clean up and throw away.

Ask Steven Fulop to bring back the garbage cans downtown.

FG

I'm afraid it was our good councilperson's idea to remove the trash cans. If you do speak to him, you might want to ask whether the experiment worked.

Posted on: 2010/1/22 18:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/1 18:03
Group:
Registered Users
I noticed dog owners walk their dogs a night so when their dog do their business they try to sneak not scooping their poop. I was walking home from work and caught one dog owner about to leave without scooping the poop saw me and scooped it with hesitation.

another thing dog owners do they unleash the dog and let the dog run to poop where ever , then the dog runs back to owner yards away like nothing happened - that's another tactful way to avoid scooping poop. - a neighbor did that with his dog. i get so mad but it happens when i'm not ready with my camcorder. thank God i moved out!

Posted on: 2010/1/22 17:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/8/28 13:19
Group:
Registered Users
I've seen an abundance of poop on the sidewalks around Exchange Place, Paulus Hook, and Newport for the last month or so. What gives?

Posted on: 2010/1/22 13:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/9/3 23:20
Group:
Registered Users
i have also handed people bags and told them "you are what you don't pick up."

that went over really well with the old lady in lincoln park who looked at me like i was some menace because i was walking a pit bull and a boston terrier near her precious yorkie. some example she showed because her little pride and joy pooped on the ground and she walked away from it. i picked up the poop and bagged it and handed it back to her.

Posted on: 2010/1/22 6:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/9/3 23:20
Group:
Registered Users
no public garbage cans is no excuse!

aside from being a professional dog walker (and sometimes having to tote the poop with me for longer than several blocks, try taking it back into the car with me until i find a trash can,) i live on 4th and erie and if my dog poops while we're out walking and i can't find a can, i pick it up and bring it back to the trash cans in front of my building. there are plenty of residential garbage cans in front of these houses, i highly doubt someone (aside from my neighbors) will complain that someone is disposing of dog waste in their garbage cans as opposed to leaving it for them to step in. i've even at times run out of bags and picked up something off the street to pick up the poop. it's better to have to wash your hands than have to face a fine or someone posting your photos all over the internet.

Posted on: 2010/1/22 6:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/27 11:11
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Missm888 wrote:
It's such a ridiculous problem. I live on 5th b/w monmouth and brunswick and there is always DOG SHIT pretty much on every block up to the Grove Street Path.

It's completely careless, rude, disgusting and disrespectful to the community. I mean does it really kill anyone to just bend down and scoop it up. I want to do something about this because if people can't be responsible neighbors then they shouldn't live in a nice place, and it's the community's disregard of this matter that makes neighborhoods UGLY, turning them into ghetto's.

Seriously the property values are way too inflated in the neighborhood to walk outside and step on dog shit. I've seen individual owners take matters into their own hands, but as a whole the community isn't doing anything at all!

Action needs to be taken ASAP!

There are so many things wrong with this post that I won't even start picking it apart. What I will say is that it is a major FAIL when you state that it is the
" community's disregard of this matter that makes neighborhoods UGLY,turning them into ghetto's."
No one has ever disregarded dog shit in this community, as a matter of fact this is the 10000000000000 time that this has been written about in this forum.

What action are you going to take since you feel it is needed ASAP. I want to know what YOU are going to do? Or should I just assume that you are here bitching?

I personally have handed people baggies, yelled at people, shamed people, and even called the cops. I even almost got beaten on one or two times by big bad men. And yes I have been called every name in the book of names by these jerks. But the next time I saw them they were bending over picking that shit up!

Posted on: 2010/1/22 1:12

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/30 19:58
From Italian Village
Group:
Registered Users
I am a dog owner. I pick up after my dog.

I hate doggie doo everywhere. I had a few nice presents on my sidewalk recently. It's nasty.

A few reasons why it happens: I always notice more poop on the ground when it snows, as in people think when there's snow they don't have to pick up!

I think some of the cans were removed specifically because the owners don't want dog poo stinking up their cans.

Also, in my hood, same one as the lead poster of this thread, there are a few dog owners in that area that just let their dogs walk themselves. No I'm not kidding. They just walk around the block with no owner and no leash and poop wherever.

The thing that gets me the most, is that my f-ing DOG steps in the dog poo, and I don't notice until he's all up on my S^*$ with his poop paws. AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

It's very frustrating. So much that sometimes I pick up other people's poo.

Posted on: 2010/1/22 0:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/7/15 3:35
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
I'm a dog owner and when I walk my dog at night, I always bring plastic baggies with me from the supermarket to clean up.

However, I am thinking part of the problem is that our wonderful city decided to remove like all public garbage cans downtown.

Literally, on Jersey Ave, from Newark to Hamilton Park, there is like 1 garbage can. There used to be cans on EVERY corner.

After my dog does her business, maybe four blocks away... its a pain to have to carry "the doo doo" four blocks back to home but I do. Occasionally I'll find a private garbage can available on someone's property to dispose of, but seriously....

WHERE DID THE TRASH CANS GO.

I would contend that if there were more trash cans, so people didn't have to walk around with "doo doo" in bags, more "irresponsible" dog owners would clean up and throw away.

Ask Steven Fulop to bring back the garbage cans downtown.

FG

Posted on: 2010/1/22 0:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
As a dog owner I am all for beating the sh*t out of people who don't clean up after their dog. I have said it before, it only takes ONE irresponsible dog owner a couple of days to foul up an entire block. I live near Hamilton Park and there a couple of real douches who aren't cleaning up. I cannot wait to catch these people!! You may be reading about me in the papers!

Posted on: 2010/1/21 23:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/2/9 14:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Missm888 wrote:
It's such a ridiculous problem. I live on 5th b/w monmouth and brunswick and there is always DOG SHIT pretty much on every block up to the Grove Street Path.

It's completely careless, rude, disgusting and disrespectful to the community. I mean does it really kill anyone to just bend down and scoop it up. I want to do something about this because if people can't be responsible neighbors then they shouldn't live in a nice place, and it's the community's disregard of this matter that makes neighborhoods UGLY, turning them into ghetto's.

Seriously the property values are way too inflated in the neighborhood to walk outside and step on dog shit. I've seen individual owners take matters into their own hands, but as a whole the community isn't doing anything at all!

Action needs to be taken ASAP!

What do you suggest? People not picking up after their dogs AND not walking them on a leash piss me off and I am a dog owner!

Posted on: 2010/1/21 23:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/24 18:16
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
Problem is that most good dog owners do pick up after their dogs, it's the shits who don't! I live on 3rd and occasionally I'll see someone not poop n scoop and I'll take a photo, then when they come by me I'll chat with them and their dog, inquiring as to the dog's name, their name, where they live, all this and then I'll say "name, you do know it's not nice and against the law not to pick up after dogx, don't you?". Usually that's enough for them to say they forgot or sheepishly return to the scene of the crime. BTW, I always have plastic bags with me to give those errant miscreants. Plus I think we should post photos of both the affending owners and dogs like the johns were posted for a time in the newspapers in NYC who were busted!

BTW, irrespective of the "property values are way too inflated" and your use of dog shit=ghettos, makes you sound a little entitled as dog shit affects us all, regardless of where we live, and poor people don't like stepping in dog shit either. I do agree the property values are over-inflated since the housing bubble burst.

Posted on: 2010/1/21 23:16
Resized Image
Help US Sue Spectra! Join OR Donate!

« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10) 11 12 13 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact