Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
73 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 73

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 »

Re: JC councilman charged with drunken driving after three-car collision
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/28 15:11
Group:
Registered Users
Is there going to be a protest against Chico on Wednesday at the council meeting? Anyone have details?

Posted on: 2015/3/24 1:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
From the JJ article...

Quote:

Ward F Councilwoman Diane Coleman said she will help Ramchal any time he needs help.

"I feel bad that it happened," Coleman told The Jersey Journal. "I would hope he would use more discretion in the future."

Hey Chico! Can you use more discretion on not killing people with your drunk driving?

Diane Coleman. You're a total idiot. No apology.

Posted on: 2015/3/24 1:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

Jersey City council members open up about colleague accused of DWI

By Terrence T. McDonald | The Jersey Journal The Jersey Journal
March 23, 2015 at  7:40 PM

JERSEY CITY -- City Council members had words of support and warning for Councilman Khemraj "Chico" Ramchal at tonight's caucus, the first council meeting since Ramchal's March 14 DWI arrest.

Ramchal is accused of running a red light early that morning and smashing into a taxicab, injuring a passenger. Police say he had a blood alcohol level of .15, nearly twice the legal limit.

Council President Rolando Lavarro, who had previously not responded to requests for comment, tonight told The Jersey Journal that Ramchal's arrest represents "a terrible lapse in judgment."

Read more:  http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2015/03/chico_update.html

Posted on: 2015/3/24 1:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/12 15:20
From Downtown Ex Pat happy in McGinley Sq.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

my2cents wrote:
Any update on whats going on? Will he show his face at this weeks council meetings?

Why wouldn't he be there? He's still getting paid to be a Councilman.

Until Fulop's office comes out with any kind of statement otherwise, my guess is nothing changes.

Posted on: 2015/3/23 17:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Fulop knows full well who Declan is-after all, Declan stood behind NJ drivers and just about single handedly got rid of those red light cameras (loved by Mayors like Fulop and Ras Baraka) that picked our pockets. And yes, the program was heralded by activist Assemblyman Whizzy, who pocketed large donations from red light vendors.

Posted on: 2015/3/22 16:41

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/15 22:25
From NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Any update on whats going on? Will he show his face at this weeks council meetings?

Posted on: 2015/3/22 15:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Suspension is absolutely required - No need for facts or due process when Chico already admitted his guilt to the newspapers.
Once found guilty and sentence is given, Fulop (if he actually has the power to do so) should dump his sorry ass.

Posted on: 2015/3/18 22:39
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Think Jennifer Morrill spelled that out in her press releases. Might also want to look up "autonomous".

Quote:

Monroe wrote:
He's silent about things he could comment on-he could've said

'My staff will be looking into how he got a free car for the last several months against my policy'

or

'My staff, even though we knew he'd been using his emergency lights, will look into that abuse immediately'

Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Gee, Fulop loves to give his opinion ahead of the legal issues are settled usually-the Port Authority, Greenville chromium remediation, a traffic jam. Why so coy now?

To be fair, it's different. Chico is an elected JC official. Unless he's convicted of a felony, then it's really down to the electorate to boot him out. And commenting or acting at this point may prejudice both criminal and civil cases.

A suspension from his JCIA position may be appropriate - but that's going to depend on the facts.

Posted on: 2015/3/18 21:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/3/18 18:16

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/13 16:06
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Anyone who has a mere passing interest in NJ politics would have no need to "Google" Declan O'Scanlon . He's the Assemblyman from Monmouth Co. who told us he was going to do everything in his power to rid the State of Red Light Cameras. Guess what.

Posted on: 2015/3/18 17:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Fulop: ‘Who is Declan O’Scanlon?’

In a blistering exchange possibly presaging 2017 statewide politics, Jersey City Mayor Steven Fulop this morning shot back at Assemblyman Declan O’Scanlon (R-13) after the Republican from Monmouth County used the weekend DUI arrest of one of Fulop’s council allies as a springboard to chastise the Hudson County Democrat.

“Chalk this up as another piece of legislation I can’t believe actually must be introduced,” said O’Scanlon. “After Mayor Fulop made headlines taking away city-owned take-home vehicles for the employees themselves, somewhere in the process, council members and commissioners were left alone. I suppose we should give the Mayor an A on policy and an F on enforcement.”

The remark followed the Saturday arrest of Jersey City Councilman Khemraj “Chico” Ramchal, who ran on Fulop’s 2013 ticket.

Fulop said he agrees with O’Scanlon on substance, while throwing a punch of his own.

“My initial reaction was the same as most people who saw his press release, which was – who is Declan O’Scanlon and why is he on a soap box,” the mayor said. “Then I googled it and I realized he is a Republican back bench assemblyman looking for a headline. I hope he gets this legislation passed. It would be a good thing for everyone. That’s pretty much all there is to say on this topic as I wish him luck.”

Read more at Fulop: ‘Who is Declan O’Scanlon?’ | New Jersey News, Politics, Opinion, and Analysis Follow us: @politickernj on Twitter | PolitickerNJ on Facebook

Posted on: 2015/3/18 16:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
He's silent about things he could comment on-he could've said

'My staff will be looking into how he got a free car for the last several months against my policy'

or

'My staff, even though we knew he'd been using his emergency lights, will look into that abuse immediately'

Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Gee, Fulop loves to give his opinion ahead of the legal issues are settled usually-the Port Authority, Greenville chromium remediation, a traffic jam. Why so coy now?

To be fair, it's different. Chico is an elected JC official. Unless he's convicted of a felony, then it's really down to the electorate to boot him out. And commenting or acting at this point may prejudice both criminal and civil cases.

A suspension from his JCIA position may be appropriate - but that's going to depend on the facts.

Posted on: 2015/3/18 14:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2015/3/18 14:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/3/18 13:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/12 15:20
From Downtown Ex Pat happy in McGinley Sq.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
TheBigGuy wrote: Curious what the Mayor and his people are saying on their private email accounts?

Fulop breaks silence on DWI arrest of Jersey City councilman

By Terrence T. McDonald | The Jersey Journal

Jersey Journal March 17, 2015 at  6:33 PM

JERSEY CITY -- Mayor Steve Fulop broke his silence today about the DWI arrest of one his City Council allies, though he didn't say anything his spokeswoman hasn't already said on his behalf.

Fulop, speaking to The Jersey Journal after the annual Det. Marc DiNardo Jersey City St. Patrick's Day One Block Parade this afternoon, said the city is "looking into the facts" of Ward B Councilman Khemraj "Chico" Ramchal's Saturday arrest.

Asked whether he thinks Ramchal should step down from the council, Fulop repeated what city spokeswoman Jennifer Morrill said in the aftermath of Ramchal's arrest.

"We're investigating it and, again, after the facts are there, we'll discuss appropriate actions," he said. "I have nothing else to say other than that."

Read more:  http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... rrest_of_jersey_city.html

[/quote] Interesting that the Mayor said: He added: "What do you want me to do? Do you want me to call for their resignations?" Uh, yeah Mayor, many people want you to do just that. Lots of people think you should do that based on what you've preached in the past and during the campaign. Really dumb thing to say if you aren't willing to do it.

Posted on: 2015/3/18 13:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Curious what the Mayor and his people are saying on their private email accounts?

JERSEY CITY -- Mayor Steve Fulop broke his silence today about the DWI arrest of one his City Council allies, though he didn't say anything his spokeswoman hasn't already said on his behalf.

Fulop, speaking to The Jersey Journal after the annual Det. Marc DiNardo Jersey City St. Patrick's Day One Block Parade this afternoon, said the city is "looking into the facts" of Ward B Councilman Khemraj "Chico" Ramchal's Saturday arrest.

Asked whether he thinks Ramchal should step down from the council, Fulop repeated what city spokeswoman Jennifer Morrill said in the aftermath of Ramchal's arrest.

"We're investigating it and, again, after the facts are there, we'll discuss appropriate actions," he said. "I have nothing else to say other than that."

[/quote]

Posted on: 2015/3/18 3:47

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/3/18 21:14
From Greenville
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

LimpiarElSucio wrote:

Dabney and Chico need to resign or be dismissed. immeadiately.

Enough with the hystrionics please. Chico is en elected official of the city. He cannot be dismissed by the Mayor. He would have ro resign.

Quote:
Right after the Mayor was sworn in he said that any employee/councilperson that takes out a city car and doesn't sign it back in will be charged with theft

According to the new policy, any employee who needs a city-issued car for work must sign it out at the beginning of a work day and return it by the end. Any city car that leaves Jersey City without prior approval will be considered theft of property.

You've missed the fact that the car never left the city. What will be the next misrepresentation or logical fallacy to get enraged about?

Seriously, this is what I find so embarrassing about this city at times. You have an example of something that is clearly wrong and due to nothing more than the most petty of politics, people manage to make themselves look even dumber by opening their ignorant mouths about it and bringing up matters that don't even apply. Please think before you speak. Think about how you are making your neighbors look. :p

Posted on: 2015/3/18 0:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/3/17 23:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
"I suppose we should give the mayor an A on policy and an F on enforcement,"

GOP lawmaker wants to ban N.J. council members from taking home public vehicles

And an F on sharing. All councilpeople are elected to the office and should be treated the same.

Posted on: 2015/3/17 16:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
"I suppose we should give the mayor an A on policy and an F on enforcement,"

GOP lawmaker wants to ban N.J. council members from taking home public vehicles

Posted on: 2015/3/17 16:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

T-Bird wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
So I guess cars are assigned according to who is liked.

Nice story, but wrong. Fulop actually had Lavarro's car repossessed.

It you read the story Councilman Rivera had a city vehicle and had his emergency lights removed. If Lavarro's car was repossessed, then I am guessing Fulop had a problem with him.

I was also at the last caucus meeting when the issue of cell phones came up. Boggiano inquired about the bill, one councilman said we have cell phones from the city and Boggiano he didn't have one.

Posted on: 2015/3/17 16:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/2/6 21:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

LimpiarElSucio wrote:

Terence, do you know how long has chico been on the abatement committee ?

There is no abatement committee, at least not the way it was under Healy, when city officials and a council member met to approve or deny abatements. Fulop implemented a policy in late 2013 regarding abatements and said there was no need for a committee anymore because the policy would spell out how abatements would be awarded.

Posted on: 2015/3/17 16:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

T-Bird wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

It you read the story Councilman Rivera had a city vehicle and had his emergency lights removed. If Lavarro's car was repossessed, then I am guessing Fulop had a problem with him.

Posted on: 2015/3/17 13:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/5/8 0:52
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Hmm so chico takes advantage of his office to get questionable access to JCIA property (which Dabney just hands him apparently).

Chico drives around JC with emergency lights on, fraudulently posing as emergency personnel.

Chico makes a false statement to the police where he attempts to pin a crime on the fully innocent victim.

Chico lies about graduating from high school.

Terence, do you know how long has chico been on the abatement committee ?

Posted on: 2015/3/17 11:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/5/8 0:52
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

terrencemcd wrote:
Quote:

LimpiarElSucio wrote:
He just became a commissioner this month. He's had possession of the stolen "borrowed" car for months!

Chico was actually appointed in October. The JCIA's PR person issued a press release about it just this month.

Is there anything in the bylaws of the JCIA that gives commissioners access to vehicles? My guess is no.

Is the JCIA auto insurance going to cover the damage to the JCIA vehicle or the t-boned car? would chico even be covered since he isn't an authorized driver? Either way, I don't know of any insurance that provides coverage when a driver is under the influence. If chico is claiming he takes "full responsibility"can we 1) get a promise,in the form of a check, that he will cover ALL damage IMMEDIATELY, and 2) resign... He didn't try to maintain his innocence in the police report, no, he blatantly made false statements for the police report where he tried to pin the accident on an innocent hard working taxi driver and an off duty nypd officer. Talk about character. Redeem yourself And prove to jersey city voters how sorry you are for your actions and that you are prepared to take FULL responsibility

Posted on: 2015/3/17 11:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/2/6 21:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

LimpiarElSucio wrote:
He just became a commissioner this month. He's had possession of the stolen "borrowed" car for months!

Chico was actually appointed in October. The JCIA's PR person issued a press release about it just this month.

Posted on: 2015/3/17 2:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
And frankly imo Chico is trash. Fulop needs to man up and ditch this idiot.

And since Fulop has gotten what he needs from O'Dea, he just might.

Posted on: 2015/3/17 2:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 2015/3/17 2:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
If JCIA gets to have red and blue lights on their vehicles. And Chico gets a JCIA vehicle. I'd like to be able to call 911 for trash removal.

And frankly imo Chico is trash. Fulop needs to man up and ditch this idiot.

Posted on: 2015/3/17 1:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I remember when Councilman Boggiano was elected. I visited his office at 1 Journal Square, the same office that Nidia Colon used. The office was about to close and since it was about to rain, Boggiano insisted he would drive me home. In the lot behind 1 Journal Square the city removed the city car that Boggiano was using. So I guess cars are assigned according to who is liked.

Posted on: 2015/3/17 1:16

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017