Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
68 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 68

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 »

Re: Chicago Church, Father Paul and Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users

By Ted Sherman | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

Theodore McCarrick, the former Newark archbishop and cardinal who wielded immense influence within the Catholic Church, has been defrocked and cast out of the ministry by Pope Francis over decades-old sexual abuse allegations, in a final reckoning for the 88-year-old priest.

McCarrick was laicized, or dismissed from the clerical state ? considered one the harshest forms of punishment that can be issued by the church ? after he was found guilty of soliciting for sex while hearing confession, and sexually abusing minors and adult seminarians over decades, the Vatican announced Saturday.

More

Posted on: 2019/2/16 14:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/18 14:36
Group:
Registered Users
It would be constitutionally offensive to take away the statute of limitations. There are alleged defendant's who are dead. How can they defend themselves or be adequately represented? It's incredibly unfair. We still believe in the "innocent until proven guilty" doctrine. A lot of people make false allegations.

Posted on: 2019/2/14 15:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
By Susan K. Livio | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

State lawmakers will announce on Thursday they have reached an agreement that will repeal New Jersey?s narrow two-year statute of limitations that childhood victims of sexual assault say have prevented them from suing churches and other nonprofits, NJ Advance Media has learned.

The new legislation, which has not yet been made public, will allow a victim of childhood sexual abuse to bring a civil suit up until the age of 55 or seven years after they make ?the discovery that they connect the injury to the abuse,? said Sen. Joseph Vitale, D-Middlesex, the bill?s prime sponsor.

More

Posted on: 2019/2/14 15:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Of those on the list:

34 are dead

32 have been permanently removed from ministry. Of those 12 have only one allegation against them.

Certainly, one is too many. But again, these are only allegations. Credible, means it's something that COULD happen, not something that did happen.

It seems to me based upon the numbers that have been removed from ministry, the Newark Archdiocese actually acted on the claims when they were really credible.

There is nothing in the report to suggest that any or which of the alleged instances of abuse occurred in Hudson Co. or Jersey City.

It's important to read critically, if you have the heft to do so.

Posted on: 2019/2/13 16:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Secret files opened by 1st N.J. diocese reveal the names of 63 priests and deacons accused of sexual abuse

Updated 10:06 AM; Posted 9:27 AM

By Kelly Heyboer | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com and Ted Sherman | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com
Under mounting pressure to identify clergy accused of sexual misconduct, the first of New Jersey?s five Catholic dioceses opened its files Wednesday and released the names of every priest and deacon ?credibly accused? of sexually abusing a child over nearly 70 years.

The Archdiocese of Newark released a list of 63 priests early Wednesday. New Jersey?s other four dioceses are expected to release their lists later today.

The List - Sickening Amount of Names from Hudson Co.

Posted on: 2019/2/13 15:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
These priest did not spent their entire career in NJ. Many of them were in NJ briefly and went on to other places. In most instances either the priest was dead long after the allegation was made, or the the allegations were about acts that happened when the priest wasn't in NJ. This article is a little bit of a hype piece. There is little tie to NJ and these people, and the instances were so far in the past.

While there is a problem. But there should be attention drawn to the problem. Not to media sensationalism.

This article is a fair example of bad journalism.

Posted on: 2019/1/16 12:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
By Kelly Heyboer | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

Ten priests who spent part of their careers in New Jersey are on a new list of 50 Jesuits who have been accused of child sexual abuse...

...Nine of the ten Jesuits on the list with New Jersey ties served at either St. Peter?s Prep, St. Peter?s University or in St. Peter?s Parish in Jersey City -- one of the centers of Jesuit life and training in New Jersey. Most were at St. Peter?s briefly early in their careers.

More

The list

Posted on: 2019/1/16 1:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
12/27 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Your comments on my family is wrong, but it just show how sick you really are, while you like to use the term 'hater' all the time. The hate comes from you. You are so desperate to smear me, but you are just smearing yourself.

Posted on: 2018/11/12 16:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/3 18:37
From DTJC
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

dr_nick_riviera wrote:
The entire contents of this thread should be screenshotted and mailed to the boards of every NA in Jersey City and they should be asked point blank if they want to continue to associate with such a noxious hatemonger. Many of her views run counter to that of their members and she should stop being invited to meetings or have any influence on their policies.

Another person who does not care about he victims of predator priests. At the end of my life I will be judged not by you, nicky but by God, and shame on me if I do not speak up about what is on going on in His Church. It is not a place for gay men to go to satisfy their sexual cravings. Not only should they be kicked out, but they should be excommunicated.

Poor bigot Yvonne, it must suck to live in a society that's rapidly leaving people like her behind: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/07/us/ ... ion-winners-midterms.html

https://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ty_the_queerest_city.html

Stuck with two closeted children and without the grandchildren she so desperately wants in a society that's rapidly accepting of GLBT, the old hag has nothing better to do than lash out on forums and at city council meetings where she's laughed at behind her back.

Posted on: 2018/11/12 15:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dr_nick_riviera wrote:
The entire contents of this thread should be screenshotted and mailed to the boards of every NA in Jersey City and they should be asked point blank if they want to continue to associate with such a noxious hatemonger. Many of her views run counter to that of their members and she should stop being invited to meetings or have any influence on their policies.

Another person who does not care about he victims of predator priests. At the end of my life I will be judged not by you, nicky but by God, and shame on me if I do not speak up about what is on going on in His Church. It is not a place for gay men to go to satisfy their sexual cravings. Not only should they be kicked out, but they should be excommunicated.

Posted on: 2018/11/12 0:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/3 18:37
From DTJC
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2018/11/11 21:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Your behavior, Sutherland and others remind of the Harvey Weinstein, but in the case for gay men. No one has the authority to sexually assault or use someone. Since more than 80% of the victims are male, it has been "let's pretend gays are not the problem, it is all pedophilia," except the victimizer do not care about the age of the victims. Like McCarrick, they take what is available which is minors to young men in their 20s in the seminary. You don't care, you just worry about public image. I am tired of reading about victims and I am tired of seeing church money, which I have paid through the years, pay for settlements. While I support compensation to the victims, if gay men did not enter the church, there will be 80% less victims and 80% less compensation. It has nothing to do with hate, it has to do with truth. I just hope you and other in the LGBT movement, go to Baltimore and hear from the victims. That is the least you can do.

Posted on: 2018/11/11 19:23

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/8/24 21:12
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Sutherland wrote:
You blatantly lied when you said that I admitted that do not have sympathy. In fact I said just the opposite. You're not only sick and hateful, but now it's apparent that you're also a liar.

Again, as I've mentioned before, I was in the seminary during McCarrick's first year as Archbishop of Newark. The media has overly exaggerated what actually happened. SOME of the former seminarians and priests are out right lying. Of course, I never went to his beach house nor was I a victim in any way of any of McCarrick's alleged abuse.

Yvonne you're an idiot. A lying hateful idiot. There's no nicer way to put it.

Sutherland said, and I'm quoting "Your statement that I have no sympathy for victims is unsupported. I do have sympathy for them. The fact that I don't equate homosexuality to abuse in no way suggests I have no sympathy."

but carry on... who needs Netflix when we can read your posts.

Posted on: 2018/11/11 17:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
You blatantly lied when you said that I admitted that do not have sympathy. In fact I said just the opposite. You're not only sick and hateful, but now it's apparent that you're also a liar.

Again, as I've mentioned before, I was in the seminary during McCarrick's first year as Archbishop of Newark. The media has overly exaggerated what actually happened. SOME of the former seminarians and priests are out right lying. Of course, I never went to his beach house nor was I a victim in any way of any of McCarrick's alleged abuse.

Posted on: 2018/11/11 13:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
So you admit you have no sympathy for the victims. By the way, former Cardinal McCarrick's victim, will be speaking at the "Silence Stops Now" rally which will be opposite the Bishop Meeting in Baltimore, Maryland on November 13th and 14th. Thousands of people who are disgusted with the sex abuse in the church and the failure of bishops to kick out these predatory priests will be there. Why don't you hear what McCarrick's victim has to say? The abuse started when he was eleven and continued on until his teens. Victims have committed suicide including seminarians. Your answer shows you are an extremely selfish person. A minor has no authority over an adult especially someone in the priesthood, there has been lost vocations from seminarians who would not play the game that was expected of them and they were kicked out. I find your answer appalling, Sutherland. If you want supportive answers, then go to the rally. There will be other victims there, too.

Posted on: 2018/11/11 4:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
My priority in life is to protect and advance the civil liberties of the LGBQT community here in the US and globally. Abuse is offensive. You're desperately trying to associate homosexuality to abuse is offensive, lacks compassion, demonstrates intellectual inability. Your statement that I have no sympathy for victims is unsupported. I do have sympathy for them. The fact that I don't equate homosexuality to abuse in no way suggests I have no sympathy. You're hateful and sick. Your right to vote should be taken away.

Posted on: 2018/11/10 23:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
News flash, Sutherland, I hate no one and I leave the judgment only to God. But if you care about the abuse and the victims, then you must acknowledge that the majority of the abusers are gay men. If, however, your agenda is protecting the LGBT agenda, then you do not care about the problem at all. You prefer to blame the Church which has its share and ignore the gay men committing the crimes. You have no sympathy at all for these victims and how it has destroyed their relationship with other men. One man said in an interview, the abuse he received from a priest destroyed him emotionally and he cannot give his sons baths when they were little. It gave him flashbacks.

Posted on: 2018/11/10 22:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Fortunately for the rest of the world, Yvonne will never have any influence in Church or State. She is full of hate and lacks any intellectual heft what so ever.

Posted on: 2018/11/10 21:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
More people are saying the same thing, the abuse in the church is due to homosexuality of priests.
http://www.ruthinstitute.org/press/ru ... lerical-sex-abuse-scandal

Posted on: 2018/11/9 21:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/6 14:50
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Banned
Who knew that shills would shill?

Posted on: 2018/11/9 18:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/16 19:07
Group:
Registered Users
Clergy sex abuse on the rise again, and church leaders are ignoring why, sociologist says, The Catholic World Report:
Quote:
Denver, Colo., Nov 2, 2018 / 03:13 pm (CNA).- After years in decline, Catholic clergy sex abuse could be on the rise again, warns a professor-priest?s analysis of relevant data.

The professor?s report sees a rising trend in abuse, and argues that the evidence strongly suggests links between sexual abuse of minors and two factors: a disproportionate number of homosexual clergy, and the manifestation of a ?homosexual subculture? in seminaries.

?The thing we?ve been told about the sex abuse is that it is somehow very rare and declined to almost nothing today is really not true,? Father D. Paul Sullins, a Catholic priest and retired Catholic University of America sociology professor, told a Nov. 2 press conference.

?I found that clergy sex abuse did drop to almost nothing after 2002, but then it started to creep up,? he continued. ?It?s been increasing. And there are signs that the bishops or the dioceses have gotten complacent about that.?

?It?s not at the great heights that it was in the mid-1970s, but it?s rising. And it?s headed in that direction,? he added.

Clergy sex abuse incidence is today about one third as common as in the late 1980s. While sex abuse by clergy is ?much lower? than 30 years ago, it has not declined ?as much as is commonly thought.? Most of the decline since the 1990s is consistent with ?a similar general decline in child sex abuse in America since that time,? Sullins? report said.

Posted on: 2018/11/8 18:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Banned
Supposedly the church, and even more important, Christianity has problems with actively sheltering sexual assaulters as well, doesn't it?

Posted on: 2018/11/2 16:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

papadage wrote:
You do realize there is a much higher proportion of gay men in the Church than there is in the general population, partially because Catholics like yourself force them to be closeted? You do also realize that many male on male sex crimes are not gay, but are based on availability ad power?

Go read a non-fucked up book for a change.

No one forces anyone to join the seminary, it is voluntarily, it is not the draft. When you join an organization, you follow its rules in everything including sexuality. The Church belongs to Jesus. In Matthew 5:17, Jesus said, "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them." The Law Jesus referred to was the Mosaic Law which did have laws against homosexuality. So in my opinion, gay men entered the church to change it not to follow its rules.

Posted on: 2018/11/2 15:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Banned
You do realize there is a much higher proportion of gay men in the Church than there is in the general population, partially because Catholics like yourself force them to be closeted? You do also realize that many male on male sex crimes are not gay, but are based on availability ad power?

Go read a non-fucked up book for a change.

Posted on: 2018/11/2 14:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

papadage wrote:
The issue is that your church has a thing for covering up abuse.

You are right, but you are ignoring the fact that the majority of the abuse are done by gay men in the priesthood.

Posted on: 2018/11/2 13:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Banned
The issue is that your church has a thing for covering up abuse.

Posted on: 2018/11/2 0:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Celibacy has nothing to do with the problem. I have read the gay population is between 2 to 10 percent. I don't which figure is right but that means 90 to 98 percent are heterosexual men in the world yet 4 out of 5 victims in the John Jay Report on sexual abuse were male teens who were abuse by priests. The issue is - gay men do not belong in the priesthood.

Posted on: 2018/11/2 0:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Banned
Liberal and liberal Catholic are not the same thing. These people still support the Church itself, which has been corrupt.

Another article calls the entire church structure corrupt, and that many traditions of the church, like celibacy, should be changed.

https://www.commonwealmagazine.org/our-myth-their-lie

Posted on: 2018/11/2 0:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Commonweal magazine, a liberal periodical said this, ?One cannot deny that homosexuality has played a role in the abuse scandals and their coverup, and to dismiss this aspect as homophobia one would have to be either blind or dishonest.?
https://www.commonwealmagazine.org/double-lives

Posted on: 2018/11/1 22:55

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/17 18:53
Group:
Registered Users
Aww thanks esp123! Taking you up on your invitation, while this isn?t exactly church history, the Hubble Law is being renamed Hubble-Lema?tre Law to acknowledge Fr Georges Lema?tre, the Belgian priest and astronomer who came up with the Big Bang Theory.

https://www.iau.org/news/pressreleases/detail/iau1812/

Posted on: 2018/10/31 0:28

(1) 2 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017