Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
101 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 101

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: HAP Investments Pays $26.5M for Jersey City Parking Lot
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/5/7 3:26
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jmcee wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Pretty soon, all the Newport commuters will have to ride the train back to Grove or JSQ in order to be able to board a train heading to NYC. While Grove does get crowded at times, I have never not been able to board a train there, but at Newport it is a different story. When all these new developments in JSQ finally get erected, the PATH trains leaving from there will be almost at capacity already.

Or god forbid they walk to Hoboken and take the PATH from there or take the empty WTC to Hoboken line and do the same. I agree, it's going to get ugly when all these building are fully occupied and people will have to get creative about getting to work.

If Port Authority stopped being cheap wads, anyone know the theoretical maximum capacity of the PATH system? Is there room for more trains per hour during peak periods?

Posted on: 2016/6/9 19:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/3/26 15:30
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Pretty soon, all the Newport commuters will have to ride the train back to Grove or JSQ in order to be able to board a train heading to NYC. While Grove does get crowded at times, I have never not been able to board a train there, but at Newport it is a different story. When all these new developments in JSQ finally get erected, the PATH trains leaving from there will be almost at capacity already.

Or god forbid they walk to Hoboken and take the PATH from there or take the empty WTC to Hoboken line and do the same. I agree, it's going to get ugly when all these building are fully occupied and people will have to get creative about getting to work.

Posted on: 2016/6/9 19:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcguy05 wrote:
Quote:

Stringer wrote:
800 residential rental units.... 100 parking spaces.

wtf, how can this be approved by the city. That area around JSQ is already a clusterfk mess for parking, and you going to 8:1 ratio for parking?

Presumably the residents that would choose to live in a development a stone throw away from a PATH station with a 8:1 ratio for parking would not own cars. It would be a major headache if they did and there are other areas of Jersey City more suitable.

The city is sending no subtle message here.

Posted on: 2016/6/9 18:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/21 14:20
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Stringer wrote:
800 residential rental units.... 100 parking spaces.

wtf, how can this be approved by the city. That area around JSQ is already a clusterfk mess for parking, and you going to 8:1 ratio for parking?

Posted on: 2016/6/9 18:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

Og_jerseycity wrote:
How about the path have express trains straight to 33rd? I don't get why if most travelers are going to 33rd first have a train that leaves Newport express to 33rd and then another one that is local. Which would bring the cars back to NJ faster and pick up more people.

This again? This has been discussed and explained many times over in the past: you can not run some trains express because the system is a single rail line in either direction. So, express trains could not leapfrog trains ahead of it to achieve the "express trip" concept.

I disagree, the 8th street lightrail is a one track system and they have express service from Bayonne to Liberty State Park to Exchange Place DTJC during rush hour daily.

You can disagree all you want, but you would still be wrong. You can not compare the PATH, with a relatively short track system, to the light rail which has a track system that is much longer, with many more stops, but decidedly LESS FREQUENT service.

If you take a close look at the HBLR schedule, the Bayonne Flyer trains are scheduled to run about 10 minutes after a previous train departing from 8th St, and by the time they both reach the end, they are essentially within minutes of each other. This works on the HBLR because service is not as bunched up together, so trains get a head start (~10 minutes) and the Bayonne Flyer over slowly catches up to it. The less frenzied frequency of service is what makes all of this possible. At the height of morning rush hour, only 9 HBLR trains are leaving from stations in Bayonne. Compare that to Grove, where close to 25 trains, or more, will pass that station in any given hour of rush periods.

Are you suggesting that PATH run LESS TRAINS so a theoretical express line be able to catch up to a previous train?? Because you seem to be ignoring that when comparing the two systems, one has almost three times the amount of train traffic making stops as the HBLR station in Bayonne.

Exactly! I'm amazed this issue still comes up. During the morning rush the trains are already stop and go from Journal Square to 33rd to avoid crashing into each other. How would an express train be any faster?

Posted on: 2016/6/9 17:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

Og_jerseycity wrote:
How about the path have express trains straight to 33rd? I don't get why if most travelers are going to 33rd first have a train that leaves Newport express to 33rd and then another one that is local. Which would bring the cars back to NJ faster and pick up more people.

This again? This has been discussed and explained many times over in the past: you can not run some trains express because the system is a single rail line in either direction. So, express trains could not leapfrog trains ahead of it to achieve the "express trip" concept.

I disagree, the 8th street lightrail is a one track system and they have express service from Bayonne to Liberty State Park to Exchange Place DTJC during rush hour daily.

You can disagree all you want, but you would still be wrong. You can not compare the PATH, with a relatively short track system, to the light rail which has a track system that is much longer, with many more stops, but decidedly LESS FREQUENT service.

If you take a close look at the HBLR schedule, the Bayonne Flyer trains are scheduled to run about 10 minutes after a previous train departing from 8th St, and by the time they both reach the end, they are essentially within minutes of each other. This works on the HBLR because service is not as bunched up together, so trains get a head start (~10 minutes) and the Bayonne Flyer over slowly catches up to it. The less frenzied frequency of service is what makes all of this possible. At the height of morning rush hour, only 9 HBLR trains are leaving from stations in Bayonne. Compare that to Grove, where close to 25 trains, or more, will pass that station in any given hour of rush periods.

Are you suggesting that PATH run LESS TRAINS so a theoretical express line be able to catch up to a previous train?? Because you seem to be ignoring that when comparing the two systems, one has almost three times the amount of train traffic making stops as the HBLR station in Bayonne.

Posted on: 2016/6/9 17:50

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/5/17 20:34
From bergen lafayette
Group:
Registered Users
good point ! i forgot about that! Right so how does Bayonne accomplish the Bayonne Flyer timing?

Posted on: 2016/6/9 17:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

Og_jerseycity wrote:

Posted on: 2016/6/9 17:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/3 18:37
From DTJC
Group:
Banned
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

dr_nick_riviera wrote:
Quote:

JCGuys wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:

Or people can adjust their work schedules slightly. Between 9-930 am, Newport is fine.

Or Port Authority can increase capacity during peak times by running more trains per hour and switching to 10 car trains on the WTC line.

My personal preference would be to have rush hour pricing like in DC and LIRR, thereby creating a financial incentive for commuters to leave slightly earlier or slightly later to avoid the crunch.

WTC is already 10 cars. It's 33rd that's limited to 9, because the platforms in Manhattan aren't long enough.

It's SEVEN cars, not nine.

The WTC trains do not run with 10 cars, either. They can't do so yet because Grove is not yet long enough.

Thanks for the correction. Wow, that's even worse than I thought :(

Posted on: 2016/6/9 17:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Og_jerseycity wrote:

Posted on: 2016/6/9 17:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dr_nick_riviera wrote:
Quote:

JCGuys wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:

Or people can adjust their work schedules slightly. Between 9-930 am, Newport is fine.

Or Port Authority can increase capacity during peak times by running more trains per hour and switching to 10 car trains on the WTC line.

My personal preference would be to have rush hour pricing like in DC and LIRR, thereby creating a financial incentive for commuters to leave slightly earlier or slightly later to avoid the crunch.

WTC is already 10 cars. It's 33rd that's limited to 9, because the platforms in Manhattan aren't long enough.

It's SEVEN cars, not nine.

The WTC trains do not run with 10 cars, either. They can't do so yet because Grove is not yet long enough.

Posted on: 2016/6/9 16:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/10 13:10
From Downtown JC, VVP Area
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Og_jerseycity wrote:

Because there's only one track in each direction. Any Express Train would quickly bump into the Local ahead of it. Not faster...

Posted on: 2016/6/9 16:54

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/5/17 20:34
From bergen lafayette
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/6/9 16:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/3 18:37
From DTJC
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JCGuys wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:

Posted on: 2016/6/9 16:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:

Posted on: 2016/6/9 15:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:

Posted on: 2016/6/9 15:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/6/9 14:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Azul_the_Cat wrote:
Is Jersey City in a race with countries like S.Korea to have the highest population density? I'm glad we have a modern mass transit system and city infrastructure that is second to none...oh wait.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/s ... h-hours-article-1.2161455

let them eat bagels!

Posted on: 2016/6/9 12:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/6/2 11:06
From Scenic McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
Is Jersey City in a race with countries like S.Korea to have the highest population density? I'm glad we have a modern mass transit system and city infrastructure that is second to none...oh wait.

Posted on: 2016/6/9 10:28

HAP Investments Pays $26.5M for Jersey City Parking Lot
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

HAP Investments Pays $26.5M for Jersey City Parking Lot

Rendering of 500 Summit Avenue in Jersey City, N.J. (Image: Courtesy of HAP Investments).
Rendering of 500 Summit Avenue in Jersey City, N.J. (Image: Courtesy of HAP Investments).

HAP Investments is moving into the New Jersey market having paid $26.5 million for land in Jersey City on which the developer will erect a $400 million-plus, 42-story mixed-use tower, Commercial Observer has learned. The deal, which involved no brokers, closed on June 1, according to a spokeswoman for HAP.

The 80,000-square-foot parking lot, at 500 Summit Avenue, is in the Journal Square section of Jersey City, and will contain 785,000 square feet for 800 residential rental units and 30,000 square feet for retail. Plus there will be 100 parking spaces. The building will be called HAP Tower for now, according to a source with knowledge of the deal.

HAP, which declined to name the seller, bought the site from Robinhood Plaza, according to past articles which erroneously said that HAP Investments had bought the property in 2014. HAP has tapped Cetra Ruddy as the architect for the 916,955-square-foot building.

https://commercialobserver.com/2016/06 ... -jersey-city-parking-lot/

Posted on: 2016/6/9 6:56

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017