Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
118 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 118

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Report those who have not shoveled their properties
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
When seasonal conditions like this exist, it really is a great opportunity for seasonal employment of teens or the ex-offender community that Jim McGreevy is looking to rehabilitate.

If a home/business owner doesn't take care of their property, a Jersey City snow crew member could - and the cost of their employment could be deducted from a fine levied against the home or business owner. Additional work to keep crossings clear could also be financed from these fines - or corporate sponsorships.

Posted on: 2015/2/4 18:13

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/12/14 0:19
Group:
Registered Users
Looks like the city is actually enforcing/responding to complaints - I checked the status of a report I made several days ago and the status has updated to "050 Complete - Summons issued" - encouraging news!

Posted on: 2015/2/4 17:42

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/7/26 14:00
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Interesting about the 6th street embankment property, so who should shovel the snow? The city is making the claims Hyman does not own the property, shouldn't the city remove the snow?

No - Hyman is responsible. The City is arguing (and rightly so) that the sale of the property to Hyman was illegal. But it doesn't mean that he currently doesn't own it and is therefore responsible for snow removal.

Posted on: 2015/2/3 21:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 19:48
Group:
Registered Users
The residents of the Heppenheimer on the corner of Jersey and Montgomery are clearly overpaying for building maintenance. The very long sidewalk bordering the building on both streets is never shoveled. Walking in the middle of Montgomery Street with the cars is safer than the sidewalk. And yes, I reported it.

Posted on: 2015/2/3 20:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Interesting about the 6th street embankment property, so who should shovel the snow? The city is making the claims Hyman does not own the property, shouldn't the city remove the snow?

Posted on: 2015/2/3 20:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/4 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Is the owner of the embankment that runs along 6th street responsible for snow removal? The sidewalks that run between 5th and 6th streets get treacherous during the winter. They were virtually ignored for most of last winter resulting in a sheet of ice that had to be at least 6 inches thick.

Posted on: 2015/2/3 20:08

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/16 16:23
From NYC
Group:
Registered Users
There's also an iphone app, Jersey City Resident Response Center---there's a long list of issues you can report. Unshoveled sidewalk is one of them.

Posted on: 2015/2/3 20:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/1/2 2:11
Group:
Registered Users
Prodigal Son -- Thank you for reporting -- I guess 2 summons is better than none -- sorry that the owner hasn't learned yet. I sent an email to my Police district this morning and they responded within an hour indicating that they would be sending an officer over to the locations I listed. Not sure if a similar approach in your case may help?

I am hoping that people also call the RRC -- Not sure whether it will help immediately, but I'm hoping that the more calls they get, the more the City will start to take the issue more seriously.

With temperature rising tomorrow, I just think it's going to be a nightmare getting around because you'll have water on top of ice (which will later just freeze again to an even more slippery surface). May be a lot of emergency room visits (I just hope I'm not one of them).

Posted on: 2015/2/3 19:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Who is in charge of the sidewalk that runs directly in front of the Congress Street light rail? It's like a luge up to the Union City border. I just drove by and really, somebody is going to get hurt.

Posted on: 2015/2/3 19:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/14 15:34
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
I religiously report the home next door which is vacant. However of the 5 times I've reported them since 1/23/14 only two have resulted in summonses being issued according to the Resident Response Center. Every request is code 020 inspection. Anyone know why there is such lax enforcement. Is there anyway to know what is happening, and why summonses aren't being issued, it seems it would be a pretty clear cut way to issue a summons.

Posted on: 2015/2/3 19:27

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/12/14 0:19
Group:
Registered Users
You can also file a complaint which will be forwarded to JCIA at the following site:

http://mycusthelp.com/jerseycitynj/_c ... porthome.aspx?sSessionID=

Posted on: 2015/2/3 18:08

Report those who have not shoveled their properties
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/1/2 2:11
Group:
Registered Users
Before and after work, I've been shoveling my property and making sure there was no snow or ice build-up. I'm really sick and tired of so many property owners and businesses in Jersey City that have not even shoveled a small path during last week's and this week's storms. Over the next few days, I'm sure a lot of pedestrians will be slipping, falling and getting injured because of negligent owners.

If there are properties in your area that have not been shoveled, please be sure to report them to the Mayor?s Resident Response Center 201-547-4900 and/or to your local Police precinct. http://www.njjcpd.org/community-relations

Maybe if the landlords/businesses of these properties get some tickets, they'll pick up a shovel during the next snowfall.

Posted on: 2015/2/3 18:07

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017