Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
88 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 88

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: Healy seeks re-election
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/9/4 14:31
Group:
Registered Users
How are the people better off ? Did any homeowners hear from Healy during their struggles after the flood ?

Where's Waldo ?

This video is pure political speak and makes me respect Booker even less.

Posted on: 2012/11/28 18:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2012/11/26 7:19

Healy for Mayor 2013!!!!
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/7/12 21:26
Group:
Registered Users
http://youtu.be/Z9l8WFqahw4

Yeah, it's an old ad from 2009, but it's still relevant today....

Posted on: 2012/9/10 14:16

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/19 20:14
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
freedom wrote: It still just amazes me that Healy is able to get away with all this corruption.
So Healy says he is going to return 17k he took from Dwek. He must think everyone is Deaf dumb and blind. In this video Dweck clearly says "I gave you 10k before, Ill give you another 10k now and another 10k after the election. Thats 30k just from that meeting with one developer. Enough of the BS already.

Posted on: 2012/9/9 13:02

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
He looks like he got beat up, unless he was shaving his nose.

Posted on: 2012/6/16 13:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

freedom wrote:
His voice should sound pretty good with the natural reverb............. of a Jail Cell............. Shame on him for letting his friend Leona take all the blame for the corruption in which he was fully aware of, and took part of, as the video clearly shows.

He really can\'t play stupid to this, he knows the law well because he used to be a Judge.

He shook Dweck\'s hand and accepted $30k in campaign money in trade for development favors!!!! Is that not ILLEGAL!!! ?

Yet he is still running our city.
Obviously something else is going on that we may never know.

That's why he looked like this the morning after her arrest. Someone from her family must have done this to him.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2012/6/13 14:55

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
His voice should sound pretty good with the natural reverb............. of a Jail Cell............. Shame on him for letting his friend Leona take all the blame for the corruption in which he was fully aware of, and took part of, as the video clearly shows.

He really can\'t play stupid to this, he knows the law well because he used to be a Judge.

He shook Dweck\'s hand and accepted $30k in campaign money in trade for development favors!!!! Is that not ILLEGAL!!! ?

Yet he is still running our city.
Obviously something else is going on that we may never know.

Posted on: 2012/6/13 12:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2012/6/13 2:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/13 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

freedom wrote:
For those of you who support Healy, can you explain what is going on in this video that is GOOD for the people on Jersey City?

The Healy lackeys will offer lame excuses. He didn't understand what was happening, others pulled him into this or just plain everybody does it so what's the big deal.

Healy is just another product of a corrupt system where no one is held accountable and envelopes full of cash abound.

Posted on: 2012/6/3 23:34

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Just out of curiosity, how many people who have seen this video believe Mayor Healy is 100% innocent of any wrong doing, and would vote for him next election. Just because he was not arrested for this does not make it OK. As you can see in the video when Dweck shakes Healy's hand, he lowers his voice and says, I gave the 10k before, Ill give another 10k now, and another 10k after the election, which Healy replies, Thank you, we will put it to good use, Its good for us and good for the city........ This is how this man has been running our city behind our backs. For those of you who support Healy, can you explain what is going on in this video that is GOOD for the people on Jersey City? Quote:
freedom wrote: It still just amazes me that Healy is able to get away with all this corruption.

Posted on: 2012/6/3 16:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Rorschach wrote:
I wish someone could dig up that photo of Healy passed out drunk and naked on his front porch in Bradley Beach. Tried to google it but doesn't seem to be out there any more. A classic.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/23/nyregion/23mayor.html

I still have a little thumbnail of that infamous picture. I would post it but there isn't much to see, literally. I wish I still had the one Jerry Mc Can handed out in front of Metro Shop Rite.

Posted on: 2012/6/3 14:23

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
It still just amazes me that Healy is able to get away with all this corruption.

Posted on: 2012/6/2 3:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Anyone get phone polled recently? I did recently and later found out that it was for Suan Conners and the result was that he was less than 10 points behind Steve Fullop. Seems that legend in his own mind Suan and his 'pals' is strutting around telling people that he not only is running for mayor but going to beat the competition. His best friends and advisors among others are Jerry MCCan, Craig Guy, Dj Wise, Timmy Doyle and Rene Ceretta. God help us if this loser is serious.

Bar keep! Another round!

Posted on: 2012/6/2 2:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/5/21 19:38
From Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Check out this piece about the new mayor of Ithaca:

http://grist.org/list/ithaca-mayor-tu ... g-space-into-a-mini-park/

Could you ever imagine Healy doing something similar?

Posted on: 2012/5/31 16:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I wish someone could dig up that photo of Healy passed out drunk and naked on his front porch in Bradley Beach. Tried to google it but doesn't seem to be out there any more. A classic.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/23/nyregion/23mayor.html

Posted on: 2012/5/10 18:15

Re: Healy won't get re-elected with his current numbers.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
A little peek back at what a joke Jersey City politics can be with Jerry leading the band.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage ... C8B63&ref=jerramiahthealy

Posted on: 2012/5/9 16:17

Healy won't get re-elected with his current numbers.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
While we know that Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah Healy wants to remain in office, the mayor still felt obligated to tell his peers that he is serious about seeking re-election. There was a mixed-bag reaction.
Earlier this month, at the end of a meeting of county mayors and Democratic leaders that included U.S. Sen. Robert Menendez, Healy announced to all that he is already trying to raise funds and fully intends to run again. Most everyone in the room knows about some quickie polls that show him with very high negative numbers, while his main rival Councilman Steve Fulop's (-) number might as well be zero.
Some are supportive, others have a wait-and-see attitude that has more to do with Healy's ability to raise money.
Those who may be a bit more cynical, or at least uncertain about Healy's ability to win his seat after a decade in office, want to see the county seat's executive officer compete well in the "money primary," as one source called it, by raising at least $500,000 by this time next year. They'll be looking at the ELECT reports to see how Healy is doing.
It will not help him to have many senior citizens and municipal employees attending his fund-raisers. Politicians want to see developers, contractors, engineers, lawyers and other potential vendors at the party.
With pay to play laws and the poor economic times, local politicians know that the days of receiving big-number donations is over. When it is time to select a candidate for their slates, the first question will be whether that future member of the team can pay for his or her own candidacy.
Healy will not be spending more than $3 million to run his campaign, as he did last time. Considering the low voter turnout in the city, he did not get much for his buck. The Jersey City mayor has about $50,000 in the bank. He can't afford to announce a fund-raising event and then have to discount the tickets like he did at his recent Asbury Park soiree.
Contrast this with Fulop, who earlier this month was approaching $500,000 in his war chest, and you can see Healy's $$$ problem.
So here's the mayor's political agenda for the future. Beg for money, find candidates who can pay their own way, boost his image and reduce his poll negatives by accentuating the positive with as many press conferences and ribbon cuttings as possible. He and his operatives must also direct attacks against Fulop in an effort to fatten the councilman's negatives. Healy can not hesitate or be Mr. In-Between.
http://www.nj.com/hudson/voices/index ... insider_healy_wont_g.html

Posted on: 2012/3/25 0:09

Re: Is Healy not going to run?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/25 3:38
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Yes Healy will run, but we need a mayor for all of JC not just downtown. Fulop will not get the rest of the JC votes West Bergen, Greenville etc are not fond of Fulop or Healy.

OK, I can understand why those wards wouldn't like Healy but why not Fulop? As far as I can tell, he is actually the only ward councilman that takes even a remote interest in the other districts. And if he is elected, he will not focus just on downtown. In order for JC to viable long term, other areas of JC need desperate attention. Fulop knows this and he is not dumb enough to run for mayor and then focus all his time on Downtown. He will find and support a candidate that can carry his torch for Ward E and focus on the other districts as appropriate.

Posted on: 2012/2/21 18:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Yes Healy will run, but we need a mayor for all of JC not just downtown. Fulop will not get the rest of the JC votes West Bergen, Greenville etc are not fond of Fulop or Healy.

Posted on: 2012/2/19 13:01

Re: Healy seeks reelection
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Can all the candidates use City vehicles for advertising?

Resized Image

Posted on: 2012/2/19 3:43
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Healy seeks reelection
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
http://www.nj.com/jjournal-news/index ... mayor_jerramiah_he_2.html

It appears Sandy Cunningham is running as well. Hopefully Fulop will vanquish both these hacks.

Posted on: 2012/2/19 1:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
If Healy gets elected again in 2013, there is a major problem.

People in Downtown need to actually vote.

Posted on: 2011/5/9 14:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Rumors! We've got rumors! Who may run in Jersey City, who may quit office in Bayonne: Political Insider

Sunday, May 08, 2011, 5:09 PM
By Agustin C. Torres - The Jersey Journal

Last week, there was a rumor about who would run for mayor of Jersey City in 2013. Well, only one name was mentioned, Assemblywoman Joan Quigley, who announced she would not seek re-election -- and even if she did, it would not be under anyone's line.

This bit of news was floated to me, but it was way too early to take it seriously. In a year, the thought will be but a distant memory. Yet people are interested in who will be at the mayoral starting gate. OK. This is a short column because of all the backed up letters, but let's humor the issue. Pour yourself another cup of coffee and let's begin.

One thing is certain: Councilman Steven Fulop wants to be mayor of Jersey City and already has more than $500,000 toward paving a path to Grove Street.

Now let's look at the uncertainties. These are folks whose emotional initial inclination is not so much about serving the city, but more about hating to see that damn Fulop in office. In this category I place incumbent Mayor Jerramiah Healy (and family), and more than likely, state Sen. Sandra B. Cunningham.

There's Fulop making grandiose statements at City Council meetings, introducing socially popular legislation, while trying to cripple the established political machine and curbing funding from developers. Even worse, the scoundrel from Downtown is starting to appear on political TV shows.

Healy's problem is his pride. It is too late to turn around everyone's perception of his administration as a mistake. Unfortunately for the Jersey City Democratic Organization, the incumbent will hold on to the thought that they can keep the voting numbers down low enough to eke out a victory.

What the mayor should be doing is announcing his intention not to seek re-election, allowing the Dems to come up with someone who has time to allow for name recognition and at least a year of campaigning and fundraising.

Cunningham also can't stand the thought of Fulop in the office that her late husband once held. She would run herself, if she had political operative Joe Cardwell directing her campaign. In March, Cardwell pleaded guilty to federal corruption charges, but he and others are hoping probation is in his future, rather than jail time. Even if Joe were available, Cunningham's Democratic primary battle with businessman Bruce Alston may help make up her mind. If Alston does well, or even wins, then she would be wise to give up the ghost.

All things being equal -- which they are not -- Fulop is still the favorite. Look for anywhere between 10 to 20 people running for mayor (Al Pine still out there?) which will probably force a runoff.

POLITICAL INSIDER

INSIDER NOTES

-- The West New York municipal election campaign has been one of the dirtiest in memory. In the end, it will be a referendum on incumbent Mayor Sal Vega. Administration forces would like to see a low voter turnout. Mud-slinging tends to turn people off to an election.
The consensus out there is that either Vega sweeps or there's a split ticket with Vega rival Dr. Felix Roque and perhaps ex-Assemblywoman Caridad Rodriguez winning commission seats.

-- Results in this version of Hoboken's eternal elections may mean little changes. It all depends on whether 6th Ward Councilman Nino Giacchi can hold off the threat of newcomer Jennifer Giattino, a Zimmer candidate who has a good shot of winning.

Fifth Ward Councilman Peter Cunningham, an administration backer, may find himself in a fatal runoff against Scott DeLea -- thanks to the candidacies of Perry Belfiore and Leonard Luizzi.

-- I'll update next week an item I removed from the initial post as a favor to an elected official who called me in Boston this weekend and asked me to bail him out of responding to so many people about a rumor he says is untrue. Is this OK, Mark?

Posted on: 2011/5/9 14:05

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/1 19:33
Group:
Registered Users
It would be nice IF all the interested parties could work together instead of splitting the votes!

Posted on: 2011/5/6 21:55

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/6/10 17:50
From Van Vorst
Group:
Registered Users
Fulop is the best hope for real change! Are you happy with the status quo?...Come on! FULOP FOR MAYOR!!

Posted on: 2011/5/6 14:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/24 18:16
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

gibbons70 wrote:
As much as I dislike Ol' Rub a Dub, I'd back him 110% over that relic Quigley.....

It's like JC is the dumping ground for has been, and never shoulda been Dem's....time to get new blood.....

I'll be voting for Councilman Fulop for Mayor.

Posted on: 2011/5/5 21:28
Resized Image
Help US Sue Spectra! Join OR Donate!

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/7/12 21:26
Group:
Registered Users
As much as I dislike Ol' Rub a Dub, I'd back him 110% over that relic Quigley.....

It's like JC is the dumping ground for has been, and never shoulda been Dem's....time to get new blood.....

Posted on: 2011/5/3 1:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/10 14:36
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
A friend of mine was at the bar at Michael Anthony's a couple of weeks back and there was a Healy fundraiser going on in the next room. Sounds like he's running to me. For those of you "mature" enough to remember the old SNL skit, as Mr. Bill would say, "Oh Noooooo!!!"

Posted on: 2011/5/2 21:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Crazy_Chester wrote:
Strong statement from Fulop. I am surprised because I think Healy still gets considerable support from a lot of Jersey City.

Sad but true. I would think the biggest reason he would bow out to be the Dweck sting scandal. Healy managed to escape indictment, but in an election perhaps someone could get some of that muck he wallowed in to stick.

Likely I can't understand HCDO intrigue, but why would they support Quigley for mayor after ditching her for assembly? She can't think she's strong enough to run without their support, does she?

Posted on: 2011/5/2 16:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/27 13:13
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
Strong statement from Fulop. I am surprised because I think Healy still gets considerable support from a lot of Jersey City. Perhaps the possibility of losing to Fulop is more than Healy can bear.

Posted on: 2011/5/2 13:59

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017