Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
46 user(s) are online (43 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 46

more...


Forum Index


Board index » All Posts (nightgownposse)




Re: No water pressure - HP
#1
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


Same on Erie

Posted on: 2016/4/6 11:39
 Top 


Re: Sign the Petition to Preserve Downtown Resident Parking
#2
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


Quote:

tern wrote:
Gibson wrote:
> You guys all know that those zone permit things aren't even enforced, right?



This ^ I've lived downtown without a permit for over 12 years and have never received a ticket. Ok I lie, I got a permit in 2010 when I got a new car but never renewed it. Just recently bought another car over the summer and never got a permit. Only ticket I've ever received was for parking on wrong side of the street for cleaning.

Posted on: 2015/10/27 18:50
 Top 


Re: Please Help Prato Bakery
#3
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


Quote:

Sommerman wrote:
Quote:

nightgownposse wrote:
There are 2 restaurants further up the street on Erie that aren't disturbing the peace and they are open later.


Where did you get that information, because I beg to differ - more litter, more loud pedestrians late into the night.



I got my information from living there. Where did you get yours chicken little?

Posted on: 2015/7/24 14:12
 Top 


Re: Please Help Prato Bakery
#4
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


Quote:

jcgurl wrote:
So you would be O.K. if a business, for which your neighborhood is not zoned, opened up next door to your home and significantly impacted your property value? Let's say it's a pawn shop, just for the sake of argument. I won't even get into the noise issue.


I think you are confusing perception with reality

Posted on: 2015/7/23 20:22
 Top 


Re: Please Help Prato Bakery
#5
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


Quote:

jcgurl wrote:
I'm trying hard not to get too drawn into this but it seems like some of the commenters don't understand the concept of zoning. Areas that are zoned as "residential" prohibit businesses from opening up there. This helps protect the character of a neighborhood and protects property values. Without zoning, a car repair shop could open next to my brownstone and leave broken down cars all over the place.

The "time to move to the burbs" comments don't help either. I've lived in JC for 15 years. I'm not a renter. I own a home here, vote, pay taxes and as a participant in a democracy think that my voice counts. I am thrilled that JC has changed so much for the better since I moved here. I love all the new restaurants. It's amazing. I'm not opposed to change. But they SHOULD NOT INFRINGE ON OTHER PEOPLE'S RIGHTS! Current zoning should be enforced and I sympathize with those whose lives would be impacted should this variance be accepted.


no we get it, we want it to change because it doesn't effect the neighborhood except in a positive way. Did you fight against the change in law when Newark ave bars and restaurants had to close by 11? There are 2 restaurants further up the street on Erie that aren't disturbing the peace and they are open later. What's yawn inducing is the fact that people think that if Prato or another cafe is allowed to "gasp" have indoor seating or use their backyard that they will all of a sudden become a night club. It's the same logic that anti gay marriage folks have when they say "oh what next? can I marry my dog?" it's illogical. I've lived here longer than you, also own my place pay taxes, blah blah blah all the irrelevant stuff you throw out there to make it seem like your point is more valid. It's sad that you live by Prato cause that means you're my neighbor.
It sounds like you don't get the concept of a city or belong in one.

Posted on: 2015/7/23 19:55
 Top 


Re: Please Help Prato Bakery
#6
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


Quote:

Fomite wrote:
"I have been a big fan of their establishment since it opened but I was kind of bewildered how they were able to open in such a residential neighborhood."

Uhhh It's a coffee shop. Where else should it open?


This gave me a good laugh as well. It's a coffee shop that closes at 7:30 pm. Everyones hands must be mighty sore from all the hand wringing over this

Posted on: 2015/7/23 17:01
 Top 


Re: South House
#7
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


Quote:

JcDevil wrote:
Apparently they had a semi-private preview event last night, and are opening right about now for a soft open tonight. Anyone been?


I was at the private event on Wed night. Really nice place inside. It was open bar and kitchen. They had a ton of bartenders working and encouraged everyone to try all the drinks so they could practice. There were servers walking around with tasting plates of all the food. Drink menu is extensive and cocktails are $11 and a few $12. Beers were around $6 on average. Didn't see a food menu but what they were serving was all southern comfort stuff and tasty.

Posted on: 2015/7/17 21:52
 Top 


Re: Hearing set for $10M plan to connect Downtown Jersey City to Liberty State Park
#8
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

nightgownposse wrote:
Quote:

jcguy05 wrote:
why cant they just build a narrow bridge connecting the tip of washington street with liberty state park


because there are 2 marinas in the Morris canal. This would be an impossibility.


Not an impossibility, just absurdly expensive to make it high enough to clear the tallest masts. And if did, no doubt many would complain it was an eyesore blocking their views.

If the property owners of Paulus Hook really feel strongly about access, they could easily cooperate on creating a small ferry service.


ok, I should have said not feasible. My small (compared to a lot of the boats in the marina) 33 foot sail boat would need a clearance of at least 40 feet. A sail boat double that size? You are talking 80 to 100 feet of clearance. The foot bridge is where it is for a reason.

Posted on: 2015/6/17 19:14
 Top 


Re: Hearing set for $10M plan to connect Downtown Jersey City to Liberty State Park
#9
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


Quote:

jcguy05 wrote:
what they really need is to connect the tip of paulus hook and liberty state park with a pedestrian bridge. It is absolutely ridiculously that the downtown residents can see liberty state park 20 feet away but in order to get to it needs to drive a circle around jersey, not to mention increasing unnecessary traffic.

why cant they just build a narrow bridge connecting the tip of washington street with liberty state park


because there are 2 marinas in the Morris canal. This would be an impossibility.

Posted on: 2015/6/17 18:33
 Top 


Re: Package thief on Varick St
#10
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


My building had multiple packages stolen over this week. A cop stopped by yesterday because they had caught the guy and returned some of the stolen stuff that was still in the boxes. I didn't speak directly to the officer but if you want to follow up if you were affected then contact the 7th St. precinct

Posted on: 2014/12/12 16:16
 Top 


Re: CDC confirms first Ebola case diagnosed in US
#11
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Finally, the selfish nurse is forced into doing the right thing. Let this be a lesson to you armchair lawyers who pretended this was unconstitutional.

Judge issues order enforcing Ebola isolation of defiant Maine nurse

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN0IK1LZ20141031?irpc=932



phew, now you can go back to being scared of your own shadow JChickenLittle8

Posted on: 2014/10/31 17:06
 Top 


Re: Taqueria
#12
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

nightgownposse wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

LimpiarElSucio wrote:
user1111 you commute from greenville to the LES? that must take like 3 days each way?!


according to who? you? 11 min to Exchange Place, 7 min to WTC and 5 min to Grand street NYC. If you have trouble with math that's 21 min, but if I walk from WTC like I usually do its 33-40 min. Greenville is just across from Red Hook BK why would it take 3 days?


No that's 23 minutes. And in the other thread you said 33minutes. "...and my commute is now 33 min door to door to my work..."


Try rereading what I said, then try again. Wow the ignorance here is thick and alive.


Oh snap! You got me. Sorry to call you on your math I'm sure it's taking away from your time commenting on every other thread on JClist. You know what they say though.
If she can't add 11+7+5 then she's too young for you bro!

Posted on: 2013/3/15 19:05
 Top 


Re: Taqueria
#13
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

LimpiarElSucio wrote:
user1111 you commute from greenville to the LES? that must take like 3 days each way?!


according to who? you? 11 min to Exchange Place, 7 min to WTC and 5 min to Grand street NYC. If you have trouble with math that's 21 min, but if I walk from WTC like I usually do its 33-40 min. Greenville is just across from Red Hook BK why would it take 3 days?


No that's 23 minutes. And in the other thread you said 33minutes. "...and my commute is now 33 min door to door to my work..."

Posted on: 2013/3/15 18:33
 Top 


Re: 110 First breaks ground
#14
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


Quote:

jmiz wrote:
Checked out this location on Google Maps. See the rooftop of the building next door between Morgan and Bay. Google Maps

Never noticed that before!


http://vimeo.com/17566006#

Posted on: 2013/3/14 20:04
 Top 


Re: PATH Train Incident
#15
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


Quote:

BurningClumpOfHair wrote:
Quote:

nightgownposse wrote:
Nah BurningClumpofPerception we should just assume he did it. Don't question anything.


Yeah, all those frivolous sexual assault allegations women have been throwing around over the years have really done a great job of keeping them on top of things. Someday we'll overcome Nightgownposse, someday.


Yawn. Your indignation is mediocre at best

Posted on: 2013/3/8 15:48
 Top 


Re: PATH Train Incident
#16
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


Nah BurningClumpofPerception we should just assume he did it. Don't question anything.

Posted on: 2013/3/8 15:42
 Top 


Re: The futility of gun control
#17
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


The futility of this thread

Posted on: 2013/2/14 16:06
 Top 


Re: Packages being stolen downtown again & seeing Spotters
#18
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


I had a package stolen and I agree with "WhoElseCouldIBe." Mailing poop or setting a poop bait is the dumbest idea and provides no solution. I have packages sent to my office now. Luckily the package that was stolen was replaced free by the company.

Posted on: 2012/6/14 23:11
 Top 


Re: EARTHQUAKE
#19
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


Quote:

Amy wrote:
Now's the time for all the people from the West to become even more smug than usual.


If that was directed at me... born and raised in NJ. You're confusing smug with snarky

Posted on: 2011/8/23 19:04
 Top 


Re: EARTHQUAKE
#20
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


I hope it doesn't block the view of the NYC skyline!!

Posted on: 2011/8/23 18:59
 Top 


Re: EARTHQUAKE
#21
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


OMG! what happend on the corner of Tectonic Plates and Upper Crust street at 2pm?

Posted on: 2011/8/23 18:37
 Top 


Re: Please stop the huge 9/11 memorial at LSP - it will ruin the park's views of the Manhattan skyline!
#22
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


Quote:

leigh13 wrote:
Quote:

nightgownposse wrote:
Maybe if you cry about it more the memorial will disappear. To complain about this thing blocking the NYC skyline is the dumbest discussion ever. It's equivalent to complaining about a new tree that is planted because when you stand behind it, it blocks your view. Deal with it. But I guess that's what JClist is, a bunch of crybabies. :



Ummm... have you heard about the internet before? Complaining is what the web, and this forum in particular, are all about.

I think we all understand that it's too late to do anything about this. But that doesn't mean can't sill vent about it.

Lighten up, k?



I've heard of the interwebs, are they the same?
Fair enough. You vent, I vent.

Posted on: 2011/7/15 19:16
 Top 


Re: Please stop the huge 9/11 memorial at LSP - it will ruin the park's views of the Manhattan skyline!
#23
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


Maybe if you cry about it more the memorial will disappear. To complain about this thing blocking the NYC skyline is the dumbest discussion ever. It's equivalent to complaining about a new tree that is planted because when you stand behind it, it blocks your view. Deal with it. But I guess that's what JClist is, a bunch of crybabies. Wannabe artists who wheat paste electrical sockets around town and work at Lucky 7's. Then complain about everything and anything on JClist all day waiting for their shift to start so they can serve Pabst to the new batch of dipsters.

Posted on: 2011/7/15 17:39
 Top 


Re: N.J. to focus on supermarkets in poorer communities
#24
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


Quote:

LynnePatrice wrote:
Quote:

nightgownposse wrote:
Someone said A&P's meat and fish sections are good??? Are you kidding me!
.


If you happened to be referring to me I said it was "decent" not good, "decent" meaning, it will suffice.


Suffice makes more sense in the context of your statement because decent and good are synonyms.

Posted on: 2009/7/23 18:21
 Top 


Re: N.J. to focus on supermarkets in poorer communities
#25
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


maybe I've just had bad luck at the places on Newark but I've given them many chances.
It's really those places that I'm not happy with. I have no problems with A&P's produce. I do think their fish and meat department is lacking though, but that's me. I don't think downtown is ready for a Whole Foods or TJ though. It is hard enough for nice restaurants to stay open.

Posted on: 2009/7/22 22:03
 Top 


Re: N.J. to focus on supermarkets in poorer communities
#26
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


If you are comparing A&P to Whole Foods then you have never been to one or the other.
While A&P is a decent and clean super market it is in no way even in the same ballpark as Whole Foods. Someone said A&P's meat and fish sections are good??? Are you kidding me!
Anyway, downtown does need a good supermarket within walking distance. Leave C-town for those that think it is good enough and put in a Whole Foods! On Newark ave. in one of those 99cent spaces would be nice. OR , how about the old hardware store on Jersey btw. Columbus and Newark. That space is huge.
As for all those little produce marts along Newark... you're lucky if the food isn't spoiled by the time you walk it home.

Posted on: 2009/7/22 20:03
 Top 


Re: gas grill illegal on raised back deck?
#27
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


The same rules apply in NYC so it is not a NJ thing

Posted on: 2009/5/22 14:56
 Top 


Re: Hamilton Park Renovation - Update
#28
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


Quote:

super_furry wrote:
Quote:

jennymayla wrote:
Drove by the park tonight and saw it all fenced up. looks sort of sad. but then we noticed that all the street lights in the park are on. including the holiday lights around the gazebo! what a waste of electricity! turn 'em off!


The holiday lights on the gazebo should be turned off, but the others should stay on. I think the idea is to prevent the park from becoming a giant canvas for graffiti artists. A dark, sealed park is asking for trouble.


It is sad to see the park all fenced up. Even more sad to see it fenced up and no work going on. When will they start the construction??

Posted on: 2009/5/2 20:14
 Top 


Re: Hamilton Park renovation?
#29
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

nightgownposse wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
As an owner of dogs that can't use a dog-run I am glad those 2 quadrants are gonna be left open. I also hope that the plantings are not too tall. That'll turn the place into an enclave for homeless people and muggers. The Police and residents need to have sightlines from outside the park and as they walk through certain areas.


hate to break it to you but I'm pretty sure the reason the dog parks are going in is cause the grass will be off limits to dogs. Usually that is the way it works and hopefully that is what will happen. Then we (humans) will actually get to enjoy it and not have to look out for land mines all the time.


Good Luck with that.


I didn't say I was going to try to enforce that. I'm just hoping it happens. They have classes to train your dogs if you don't know how to do it yourself. Then they can enjoy the dog parks with the rest of the dogs.

Posted on: 2009/4/14 16:17
 Top 


Re: 3 Hampton Court
#30
Quite a regular
Quite a regular



Posted on: 2009/4/14 15:55
 Top 



TopTop
(1) 2 »






Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!



LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact


JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017