Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
130 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 130

more...


Forum Index


Board index » All Posts (RUinHamiltonPark)




Re: Fulop, MUA, and the Spirit of the Law
#91
Home away from home
Home away from home


"David and I were not friends in high school. We were not even acquaintances in high school. I mean, I had a high school in Livingston, a three-year high school that had 1,800 students in a three-year high school in the late '70s, early 1980. I knew who David Wildstein was. I met David on the Tom Kean for governor campaign in 1977. He was a youth volunteer, and so was I. Really, after that time, I completely lost touch with David. We didn't travel in the same circles in high school. You know, I was the class president and athlete. I don't know what David was doing during that period of time?We went 23 years without seeing each other. And in the years we did see each other, we passed in the hallways."

So do you just internalize the lies?

And yeah actually there is a difference between politically connected...and ethics violations such as those committed by Samson on Christie's behalf.

Samson is an APPOINTTEE TO A JOB. Lesniak was RETAINED TO FILE A LAWSUIT. Do you know the difference? My guess is no. Lesniak does not work for Fulop or for Jersey City. He is performing one task on their behalf. His salary is not paid by us.

The 1M expense was not justified because he knew they would take the 5th...what was the point?

And is your argument that Christie and Booker couldn't both be on the ballot on the normal November election? Because that of course is flagrant lie with no basis in reality.

Name for me ONE other governor who made up a political position for someone at the PA and then said they were not even acquaitances, and then went on to express knowledge of what a high school teacher said about the individual decades ago?

Name for me ONE other governor who directed PA funds to a city/town with no PA facilities.

I'm just going to keep asking because you claim it's par for the course, which is another blatant lie of yours.

Christie is going to be federally indicted. Even in NJ, that's a rarity.

Of course, it's a commonality among the Republican Party though. So he's got that going for him!

Posted on: 2014/7/11 20:32
 Top 


Re: A casino in Jersey City? Venture capitalist wants to make it happen
#92
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

SteveWilson29 wrote:
Quote:

RUinHamiltonPark wrote:
More residents = more property taxes = more money to hire municipal employees...and the reality is we probably don't need more employees but rather better philosophy in Greenville and BL.

And casinos don't always bring crime. How much crime is there around the casino in Montreal? Or Foxwoods? Crime was in AC before the casinos, probably worse so.


You seem to be under the impression that any development is a good development. Casinos decrease the quality of communities, especially low income ones. Motor sport stadiums have significant negative impacts on the environment. The only good place for one is in the middle of nowhere, if anywhere. I don't think we need new residents badly enough to allow any part of this project to succeed.


Port Liberte is not a low income community. And, I pointed out examples where that is not the case.

I grew up 15 minutes from Englishtown Raceway. It is surrounded by 500k+ homes. They are still waiting for the environmental impact.

These are excuses made by the anti-development crowd. Everything is bad for the environment, the poor, etc. I am a proud liberal but I am not a growth stunter. This would actually create jobs and the next time Spectra or whoever wants to run a pipeline through, more people to oppose a real threat.

Posted on: 2014/7/11 20:24
 Top 


Re: Fulop, MUA, and the Spirit of the Law
#93
Home away from home
Home away from home


And LOL safety inspections are spontaneous. There will be more of them. Unlike say, a traffic study that part of the agency didn't know about...

And actually the Port Authority has royally farked JC over and over and screws all of us every single day. So how is that politics? What disadvantage did Republicans or Fulop opponents face?

This versus an entire city shutdown for 4 days, with people missing interviews, meetings, and an old lady dying...because a mayor didn't endorse Christie.

For what the Port Authority does to us- what they did after Sandy, the baseless fare increases with no service, not paying taxes, and directing funds to Union City which has no PA facilities while JC and Hoboken get diddly because Christie doesn't like our mayors...you are going to compare this to inspecting trucks?

Nevermind the fact that terrorists have targeted our ports repeatedly, that trucks run roughshod over the entire city everyday...

Yeah it's just like the lane shutdown, just like Benghazi. Is there any pro-Christie, anti-Fulop argument that isn't a desperate straw grab?

Perhaps it was the teachers' union monitoring the trucks? Has anyone investigated whether President Obama has improperly audited the doctors against the Newark Ave pedestrian plaza?

Posted on: 2014/7/11 16:11
 Top 


Re: Fulop, MUA, and the Spirit of the Law
#94
Home away from home
Home away from home


That's rich. You can't possibly believe anything you say.

Please find me ONE other governor of NY or NJ who made an appointment to the Port Authority to a new position he made- and then claimed not to know said individual.

Please find me ONE governor who had an aide in direct contact with the Port Authority that advised said contact "time for traffic problems in X place."

Please find ONE governor who directed PA funds to a city with no Port Authority facilities or even access to water or the border between the states.

Please find ONE governor that assigned not one, BUT TWO law firms where he had personal connections- and then one of those firms actually was pushing for a development where they needed PA help.

And yeah Christie wasn't involved- he just called Cuomo to ask him to back off...a bunch of aides just did it sua sponte. OK, Michael Drewniak how do you have so much time on your hands?

Posted on: 2014/7/11 16:06
 Top 


Re: A casino in Jersey City? Venture capitalist wants to make it happen
#95
Home away from home
Home away from home


More residents = more property taxes = more money to hire municipal employees...and the reality is we probably don't need more employees but rather better philosophy in Greenville and BL.

And casinos don't always bring crime. How much crime is there around the casino in Montreal? Or Foxwoods? Crime was in AC before the casinos, probably worse so.

Posted on: 2014/7/11 16:00
 Top 


Re: Jersey City considers turning Newark Avenue into pedestrian plaza
#96
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

Binky wrote:
Rather than concentrating on making car use more difficult, I'd rather see initiatives making the public transit alternatives easier, cheaper and more wide spread.


+ 1 million

Good luck getting from JC to anywhere not on a PATH/HBLR line via PT, particularly on a weekend or off hour.

You can take a taxi if you think riding without a meter on through white knuckled terror is your thing.

Posted on: 2014/7/11 15:50
 Top 


Re: Fulop, MUA, and the Spirit of the Law
#97
Home away from home
Home away from home


HAHAHA

Governor Paterson was the governor of NY.

All you do is defend most corrupt governor in the history of NJ.

No bid contracts? Christie didn't even have a contract- HE JUST APPOINTS HIS FRIENDS TO TAKE THE MONEY STRAIGHT OFF THE TOP. Like Samson- who has no qualification for anything related to the Port Authority.

I must have missed where Fulop redirected Sandy funds from wards that didn't vote for him. I must have missed where Fulop's "aides" (yeah right) shut off traffic from the Heights as revenge on Boggiano.

I must have missed where Fulop spent 24M on a phony election- oh wait- he wants to move the election to November to save money.

I must have missed where Fulop spent 1M to hire a law firm to clear his name but interview no one who was part of the alleged dealings.

McGreevey- ha- that's a good one. Christie appointed his HS bud to a MADE UP NEVER BEFORE EXISTED position at the PA- and then claimed he didn't know him- but worse yet he can't be trusted because a HIS HIGH SCHOOL SOCIAL STUDIES TEACHER SAID HE WAS UNTRUSTWORTHY.

Can't our board's two member right wing fringe do real work, like contacting Fulop's high school social studies teacher?

Maybe Fulop wrote a high school paper telling us about how much he loves abatements, with dreams of spiting the mini-vanned hordes at PATH stations, unable to take Granny Oldtimer to her doctor's appointment due to a pedestrian plaza, and unable to afford the taxes on her million dollar brownstone for which she paid three shillings in 1921.

Fulop's going to be governor, while Governor Soprano will be concerned with soap placement. Get over it!

Rabble rabble abatements Benghazi ambulance contract rabble rabble!

Posted on: 2014/7/10 17:31
 Top 


Re: A casino in Jersey City? Venture capitalist wants to make it happen
#98
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

Monroe wrote:
And look who's been hired by Fireman to push the deal-lobbyist Bill Pascrell III, the son of sitting Democratic Congressman Bill Pascrell Jr! III lists himself as an advisor to Gov's McGreevey and Corzine, and Senators the (late) Lautenberg and current Menendez. I guess he manages to do this on his lunch hour, as he's employed as the County Counsel for Passaic County . . .

Think the good ol' boy Democratic machine isn't running this show?

(Mind you, I'm in favor of this, but boy is it fun to point this out to those who whine constantly about alleged Republican corruption).







Yes, I mean, was Wolff and Samson unavailable?

Posted on: 2014/7/10 17:20
 Top 


Re: A casino in Jersey City? Venture capitalist wants to make it happen
#99
Home away from home
Home away from home


This is a great idea.

This will bring in a ton of tourists for the wheel, racetrack, not just the casino.

I'd probably be about as far from this as I was to a racetrack growing up, so bring it on.

Not to mention the likely expansion to nearby PT- which is a win for the entire region.

The usuals are afraid of the city being taken over by outsiders...SMH...

Posted on: 2014/7/9 19:47
 Top 


Re: Jersey City considers turning Newark Avenue into pedestrian plaza
Home away from home
Home away from home


I actually agree that we can't wish cars away. But this is hardly a case of that. This removes very few spots on a minorly trafficked block.

I am known for sticking up cars all the time on this board- and I support this. Just don't expect me to heckle the hipsters who ride on the bicycle path, or the charge a billion to park brigade- this is barely a blip on the radar of the JC driver.

Posted on: 2014/7/9 19:41
 Top 


Re: Fulop, MUA, and the Spirit of the Law
Home away from home
Home away from home


Yes, such an injustice.

Maybe you'd see more about it, if say, as another politician

1: you wrongfully diverted funds MULTIPLE times to the Port Authority
2. you wrongfully diverted Sandy money
3. You made sure your buds and MULTIPLE law firms you're buds with were hired to do the work
4. You diverted funds from anyone who dared to question 1-3

Good thing we don't have a governor that did that!

Yours in Benghazi,

Abatement McInterloper

Posted on: 2014/7/9 19:35
 Top 


Re: who knew that christie was so generous with taxpayer money
Home away from home
Home away from home


Haha. As if more proof was needed that Christie was a thief. Shall we start with the GWB, Pulaski, PATH/toll fares, all his "appointments" to the PA, the people he attempted to appoint to the NJ Supreme Court, the ties to the same law firms and developers each and every time, his reallocation of Sandy funds to towns with no Sandy damage? How about the 1M spent on a phony investigation by a Republican firm, or the 24M spent so he didn't have to face Booker...

Every time a JC resident deals with the PATH...that extra swipe, the decrepit stations, the overpaid workers, the 35 minute overnight wait...

Just think of your hard earned money and how it is siphoned to the mayor of Union City and noble characters like David Samson...

To all the people with Sandy damage in Jersey City, while the city is nowhere near back to 100%, just think of all the mayors that endorsed Christie with cash while you sit and wait because Fulop won't kiss his behind...

Christie is ten times the crook that any third-world banana republic dictator is, nevermind McGreevey or any other NJ governor.

Fulop will be governor, Candace will be mayor, Hillary will be President, and Christie will be rotting in prison where be belongs, while in trailer parks across the South, bibles and guns will be clung to whilst GED homework is left aside as eyes tune to Faux News and mouths seethe "Benghazi" "Murica" "IRS" and such. And both Republicans in JC join in, while the rest of us wonder why you don't join them and leave us alone.

Posted on: 2014/7/3 16:47
 Top 


Re: Fulop, Council poll numbers?
Home away from home
Home away from home


Because we need 30 year abatements so the rest of the city gets developed. No one is going to build in Greenville or BL otherwise.

Posted on: 2014/7/1 18:05
 Top 


Re: Republican state senator slams Jersey City on tax abatements
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

RUinHamiltonPark wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

RUinHamiltonPark wrote:
Exactly- because abatements and PILOTs work.

Maybe if Phillipsburg lured developers, it wouldn't be such a craphole that Jersey City residents have to subsidize.


How can JC taxpayers subsidize Phillipsburg schools when you don't pay $500,000,000/year of your own school costs? And Phillipsburg gets less than 1/10th of that??

Can I assume you're a JC high school grad?


LOL um our NJ income taxes actually subsidize the whole system.

We are all paying for stupidity across the increasingly smaller poor, red parts of NJ.

What will you do once your boy is in jail? Presumably blame the media...


You need a better understanding of how schools are funded in NJ, seriously.

And while blue Hudson County taxes are going up again, red Morris County taxes haven't gone up a cent in the last two years, and county debt was reduced over $8 million this year with no reduction of services.

Jersey City's share of Hudson County taxes will rise 6% . . . as announced today.

Red vs Blue.


"Parsippany?s budget will only increase by 10 cents per day on a home assessed at the township?s average home price of $309,000. - See more at: http://www.northjersey.com/news/budge ... 8552#sthash.LEJcQutf.dpuf"

Lies versus truth.

And anyone in Morris County who uses NJT or PA tunnels/trains has seen an increase in paying for services- all agreed to by Governor Mafioso.

Not to mention anyone who attends a state college or university saw their tuition increase while the colleges got less funding- which he signed off on as well.

Any Morris County residents, especially all the Republican cops, hoping for their pensions should probably forget it. Christie sees no need to comply with the law.

OTOH- attorneys at the firm who published 1M of lies and crap who live in Morris County, PA employees who live there, anyone who works at Wolff & Samson, probably doing very well thanks to the Governor...at least for the next few months!

Posted on: 2014/6/30 19:07
 Top 


Re: Fulop, Council poll numbers?
Home away from home
Home away from home


More straw grasping by people afraid of people from outside Hudson County moving in and upsetting the apple cart of corruption and incompetence.

The fact is that more abatements means more people from the city and the burbs voting for Fulop, Candace and their heirs. More people from outside of DT being priced out and replaced with newcomers.

The JC oldtimers see what happened in Hoboken with trepidation. Too damn bad. Bayonne and the rest of the county will be next. You want to have a county run by Dems, that's fine but it will be run on liberal principles and not bloated bureaucracy and jobs for friends, and real, important, economic growth.

Posted on: 2014/6/30 19:02
 Top 


Re: One Year In, Jersey City Mayor Eyes More
Home away from home
Home away from home


I hope Fulop and Booker are gay. It would not be an issue in NJ. But it will enrage further the Jesus freaks, and who doesn't enjoy that?

And Sweeney is a thug who stands no chance at statewide election. Once his partner in crime Christie goes to jail, the South Jersey machine will collapse on itself.

Posted on: 2014/6/30 18:57
 Top 


Re: 400 Unit Development in Hamilton Park
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

moobycow wrote:
A green space behind a perertually locked fence might as well be a parking lot. This new building is going to have a park that is open to the public so hopefully it will actually be used.

I do agree though, we could use some more public spaces downtown. Like, say a pedestrian plaza.


Exactly...

I lived across the street for 2.5 years and never once saw even a groundskeeper in that green space.

JC is congested and has no quality of life? What is Manhattan then? Yikes.

Posted on: 2014/6/30 18:52
 Top 


Re: Republican state senator slams Jersey City on tax abatements
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

RUinHamiltonPark wrote:
Exactly- because abatements and PILOTs work.

Maybe if Phillipsburg lured developers, it wouldn't be such a craphole that Jersey City residents have to subsidize.


How can JC taxpayers subsidize Phillipsburg schools when you don't pay $500,000,000/year of your own school costs? And Phillipsburg gets less than 1/10th of that??

Can I assume you're a JC high school grad?


LOL um our NJ income taxes actually subsidize the whole system.

We are all paying for stupidity across the increasingly smaller poor, red parts of NJ.

What will you do once your boy is in jail? Presumably blame the media...

Posted on: 2014/6/27 19:20
 Top 


Re: Republican state senator slams Jersey City on tax abatements
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Guess what? There are still "junk stores" downtown. Newark Avenue is not as nice as Bergenline Ave in North Hudson or even Broadway in Bayonne. New condos can be built but they don't deserve 20 and 30 years abatement.


LOL

You don't really believe that do you...my guess is you define "nice" as "full of older timers with no interlopers"

Posted on: 2014/6/27 19:18
 Top 


Re: New tax break for Hyatt Hotel
Home away from home
Home away from home


Oh no, Fulop has aspirations other than being naked and drunk on a porch. Can we indict him, as he is breaking the chain of Hudson County pols elected to do nothing but enrich their own pockets and preserve the status quo?

Posted on: 2014/6/27 19:16
 Top 


Re: One Year In, Jersey City Mayor Eyes More
Home away from home
Home away from home


Fulop didn't purposely create a jam.

He also has a lot of achievements that I delineated.

This is the usual Republican canard- someone is popular or a "celebrity", and thus shouldn't be elected.

And I'm a white male, and I don't give a crap about his comment. I thought it was funny.

I guess all the single white dudes in downtown want to ride a train with a bunch of other dudes? Interesting. I guess you avoid the PATH.

Too bad. NJ is not only going to have a "celebrity" senator, but a celebrity governor once Fulop comes in...and a celebrity prez in Hillary or Obama...

And Christie will be holding on to the soap for dear life.

Posted on: 2014/6/27 19:14
 Top 


Re: 400 Unit Development in Hamilton Park
Home away from home
Home away from home


Just like on this board, HP has a minority of hysterics that think the city can be frozen in time.

HP doesn't have a parking issue. There are almost always open spots on the street. There are two garages (Mall and 10th/Erie) walking distance from this project with open spots.

Schools? LOL. There are million dollar units all over Newport. You think those kids are going to Cordero in significant number? All the cars dropping off there in the morning tell the story of who is going to school there.

And I love the height argument...are the hysterics so blinded that they don't see THE HIGH RISE EXISTING FOR DECADES NEXT TO THE PROJECT?!

What is the affordable housing argument...there is one project right down Manila by Shop Rite...Holland Gardens across the tunnel...No one is being pushed out.

Hamilton Park residents in significant part choose the area because they like the convenience of newer development amenities surrounding our area in addition to the brownstone charm.

I certainly don't need people from the rest of the city telling us we don't need development because of abatement derangement syndrome. Can't wait for new residents and stores/restaurants on the first floor and the changes coming every day to the city.

The people who think that the city is stressed and who don't like change, that is why we have the Carolinas, South Jersey, Florida...no one is stopping you.

Posted on: 2014/6/27 19:07
 Top 


Re: OPEN JERSEY AVENUE TO LIBERTY STATE PARK!!
Home away from home
Home away from home


No- actually the traffic backs up before the Columbus exit Thursday and Friday...at least these days with the shutdown.

Secondly, how can you be sure without the street there? Don't you also think people would feel more comfortable walking late at night on a street than on a desolate path?

Posted on: 2014/6/27 18:58
 Top 


Re: Red Light Camera Warning!
Home away from home
Home away from home


Cameras aren't helping that either. How many shootings/stabbings have their been in Greenville and B-L in the past two weeks, courtesy of the light at Jersey and 18th spasming with its shortened yellow.

It's a trap- I don't understand how anyone supports penalizing people for being scammed. Support for red light cameras is like charging a special tax to victims of credit card fraud.

If it were about pedestrians, how about devoting the spending on cameras to building a pedestrian bridge across the tunnel entrance, or even one on Washington or Columbus?

The cameras are a Healey NJ flim-flam. Just look at the list of towns that have them, one worse reputation corruption wise than the next. Their time has come.

Posted on: 2014/6/27 18:56
 Top 


Re: One Year In, Jersey City Mayor Eyes More
Home away from home
Home away from home


LOL having aspirations is a problem?

I'm sure all of you would just turn down a promotion at work, right? You're only there to do the job you're hired to do?

Give it a rest. Since he became Mayor, he stopped the re-eval, several new developments have come in, there's been lots of police reform, he's taken on the Port Authority...

My criticism of Christie is not that he has aspirations...it's that he is a criminal, thief, corrupt piece of crap. He can aspire to Pope for all I care, but his only real aspiration these days is to not get raped in jail where he will rot for years.

Fulop would be a great governor. God forbid Steve Sweeney becomes governor the state would be destroyed.

Posted on: 2014/6/25 17:20
 Top 


Re: Red Light Camera Warning!
Home away from home
Home away from home


And how exactly should the populace "obey" the law when the yellow signal is not as long as the law mandates?

Just because it's the law, doesn't mean it's right.

Red light cameras protect no one but city coffers and their makers.

The whole system is a rigged rip off.

We need less surveillance and more cops doing their jobs- which means in Greenville and BL stopping gangs, not hand wringing because the stroller mom had to wait three seconds to cross the street.

Posted on: 2014/6/25 17:10
 Top 


Re: OPEN JERSEY AVENUE TO LIBERTY STATE PARK!!
Home away from home
Home away from home


As someone who works in the burbs this bridge would be a blessing.

I live in DTJC. I have the right to drive through it. I'm sure people who live in Van Vorst drive through the northern part of downtown (which I'd rather than be the ones biking down the sidewalk nearly every single day including right past the bike path on Manila).

The reality is also that DTJC is not really connected to the rest of the city, with the exception of Newark Ave, Montgomery, and Grand. If we want to be inclusive- you build the bridge.

A prospective B-L tenant/owner might save Uber costs with the bridge and be willing to move onto the next frontier.

The city can't just make life hell for car owners when the PATH and HBLR don't reach the entire city and aren't exactly rated highly in availability, or in the case of the HBLR, safety at off hours.

Posted on: 2014/6/25 17:00
 Top 


Re: Republican state senator slams Jersey City on tax abatements
Home away from home
Home away from home


Exactly- because abatements and PILOTs work.

Maybe if Phillipsburg lured developers, it wouldn't be such a craphole that Jersey City residents have to subsidize.

Posted on: 2014/6/24 17:18
 Top 


Re: Where was the police?
Home away from home
Home away from home


They were at the "Abatements for all festival" on Newark between Grove and Erie. When legions of mini-vans loaded with improperly taxed residents attempted to disembark at the PATH with their strollers, Fulop supporters heckled them, chanting "Abate this" as they tossed their PILOT-laden tax receipts into the air as confetti.

Posted on: 2014/6/24 17:14
 Top 


Re: Republican state senator slams Jersey City on tax abatements
Home away from home
Home away from home


Oh please.

If Phillipsburg has better results, why is it an Abbott district?

I'm an "earner" so I have something to say about taxes, and I know they went to a bogus investigation, fake election, and overpaid cops.

Yet Christie and this idiot want to blame schools- all those things combined are far more expensive.

Posted on: 2014/6/20 19:02
 Top 



TopTop
« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 ... 12 »






Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!



LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact


JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017