Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
58 user(s) are online (46 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 1
Guests: 57

Chris_NJ, more...


Forum Index


Board index » All Posts (WhoElseCouldIBe)




Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

JSleeze wrote:
Dude - unless you are actually Mary Pat, your blind allegiance and loyalty to Christie is creepy. Why do you care so much? They are all full of shit - why soil yourself?

Quote:

Monroe wrote:
The traffic story was front page in the Bergen Record, EVERYONE who reads the papers knew about it. Where is the tidbit that says Christie knew it was political dirty tricks, or where is the email in all those slides that has him cc'd on it?


He's clearly a paid GOP shill.

Posted on: 2016/10/5 17:51
 Top 


Re: PSEG to close 2 remaining N.J. coal plants in 2017
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Burning pitbulls at the stake is a reliable form of renewable energy


Here's hoping you are dumb enough to try it.


Here's hoping you are dumb enough to think I was being serious.

Posted on: 2016/10/5 17:37
 Top 


Re: PSEG to close 2 remaining N.J. coal plants in 2017
Home away from home
Home away from home


Burning pitbulls at the stake is a reliable form of renewable energy

Posted on: 2016/10/5 17:32
 Top 


Re: Democratic Convention
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
When law and order is finally restored in Washington DC and Lying Hillary, Humma and Mills are brought to justice, can the FBI be indicted as co-conspirators?


http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/doj ... nton-case/article/2603450


When did we last have law and order?



Certainly not under this administration

http://nypost.com/2016/10/03/book-det ... med-to-let-hillary-skate/


That wasn't an answer

Posted on: 2016/10/4 4:19
 Top 


Re: Democratic Convention
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
When law and order is finally restored in Washington DC and Lying Hillary, Humma and Mills are brought to justice, can the FBI be indicted as co-conspirators?


http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/doj ... nton-case/article/2603450


When did we last have law and order?

Posted on: 2016/10/4 2:49
 Top 


Re: Disrespecting "other" religions
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Quote:

drifterx wrote:
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
This, right here, is a simple example of why multi-cultural societies can't really work. You can't account for every religion out there. You have to say "ok, this society is X, here are the holidays, and if you need to take a few days for your own stuff fine but ultimately, this is these are the holidays that are this society's holidays because we are a ______ society." That's what happens in the middle east - they're Muslim. So everything is closed on Muslim holidays. Yet, for some reason we in the West have lost our way and feel the desperate need to appease every other religion out there so "they don't feel bad."

So guys, the national holidays are what they are for a reason. The reason is that this society was founded by (feel free to fill in the blank). There's zero reason to change that now - though I do note that there is a good reason to consider this when looking at our immigration policy.

The end. And yes, you can guess who I'm voting for in the election. And religiously, I'm not religious at all.


I think things like a 'multi-cultural society' doesn't work is because people would rather give up and fail to actually do the 'work'. Nothing can ever be perfect but America has been multi-cultural all these years so why are some Americans today suddenly giving up now? It was acceptable when the Irish and Italian Catholics moved in so now it isn't? I'll give you a hint, it wasn't perfect back then either. People resisted and persecuted those immigrants but our better angels prevailed and people worked at having good relations. So yeah, I have a pretty good idea on who you are voting for and it is a sad reminder of those early days but I believe in America that is inclusive and I will believe our better angels will prevail now as well.

I think it's rather sad that people cite the failure of one of this country's strengths just because they can't agree on holidays. /smh

Work it out people. It starts with talking to each other, not past each other.


Why isn't it working anymore? Because traditionally, America has been a melting pot instead of a tossed salad. In other words, in "the good old days" no one expected to adapt to immigrant cultures, immigrant cultures were supposed to assimilate into America. But if you have to let whoever shows up take over then the obvious answer is that you probably shouldn't let people show up anymore unless they're not going to screw up your life.


When was this period that you speak of?

Posted on: 2016/10/4 1:18
 Top 


Re: Green Party of the US - 2016 Presidential Candidate
Home away from home
Home away from home


How much would her plans add to the national debt?

Posted on: 2016/10/3 15:12
 Top 


Re: Control of the Internet now given to the UN
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

Mao wrote:

"In one hearing, Senator Cruz asked if Icann - an international organisation - was bound by the First Amendment to the US constitution defending freedom of speech. No, came the reply from Icann's chief executive, Goran Marby."

David Lee, BBC


Thank goodness - freedom to insight hate, criminal behavior or fear should be an offence - I don't believe someone has the right for example to stand infront of a school, place of worship or any public space and yell abuse to insight a riot.


You realize this isn't protected by the 1st Amendment either, right?

Posted on: 2016/10/3 15:10
 Top 


Re: Control of the Internet now given to the UN
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
The point I am making, US standards are different than many countries even Canada does not have "free speech." A different point of view might be considered "hate speech." Even what occurs on jclist might not pass what is acceptable in the international community.


How was it given to the UN?

Your thread title is clearly wrong. Will you correct it?

Posted on: 2016/10/3 1:47
 Top 


Re: Economic violence in JC ?
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
The economic violence happens every December when JC runs the ads for delinquent taxes and water. The water is high, Fulop took the $31.5 million surplus and the taxes are high because these people are not benefiting for tax abatements since abatements are not ratables, it artificially inflates the tax rate. Over 2,000 go into tax lien while developers get tax breaks. That is economic violence in JC.


The water is too damn high.

Posted on: 2016/9/29 17:41
 Top 


Re: Economic violence in JC ?
Home away from home
Home away from home


This thread is intellectual violence.

Posted on: 2016/9/29 16:48
 Top 


Re: Economic violence in JC ?
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

RichMauro wrote:
I'd define economic violence as a disregard for others in the name of profit for oneself.

A for instance:

Realtors constantly knocking on people's homes pestering them to sell which could lead to the ousting of long term tenants.


Words are cool.

Posted on: 2016/9/29 15:01
 Top 


Re: Economic violence in JC ?
Home away from home
Home away from home


What is economic violence?

Posted on: 2016/9/29 14:29
 Top 


Re: 9/26/2016: Presidential Debate (Hofstra)
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
The new Democratic party belligerence towards Russia and general militarism is fascinating. This is the party throughout the cold war wanted peace with the USSR, and thought we could learn a thing or two about Communism. Russia today, of course, isn't Communist at all and instead has a fairly conservative government (complete with a flat tax). Suddenly, you have people like Clinton wanting to fight Russia in Syria and Ukraine. People who thought Vietnam - which had Communists attempting to invade an allied democracy, wasn't a just war. But backing Islamist armies in Syria is fine (er, "moderate rebels"), backing a bunch of people in Ukraine who honor WW2 era leaders that sided with the Nazis is also a great idea. Also, while the Iraq war was a wasteful expense, we should pay for NATO without questioning any of the expenses. It is completely bizarre.


Thank you Comrade devilsadvocate, but you have two personalities on JCLIST. And this one - the devilsadvocate is the opposite of the other! Ha Ha!

Good arguments and the Russian Federation agrees with you. F*** NATO. NATO is no good! F*** Ukraine, which belongs to Russian Federation. F*** Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania. They are little chickens that will soon be back in the coop! Russian Federation needs US president that can "look the other way" ha ha! Crimea is nice this time of year don't you agree?

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP, make Russian Federation...I mean America, great again!

Oh and DO NOT read this (right wing enough?):
http://index.heritage.org/military/20 ... rther-russian-aggression/


Yeah, the former Soviet Union is not really the US or Europe's problem. For a bunch of reasons, the most basic one being that there's zero reason to die for a regional conflict, plus few in the US understand (or care about) the history or the inherent intricacies. How many Americans have any idea what the status of Ukraine or Crimea was before the USSR? That's just one example. The result ends up being that Americans support "new Ukraine" - which basically is just different oligarchs fleecing the population, now promoting Ukrainian nationalism to keep the population focused on something other than the fact that they're no better off than before their "revolution" (and in fact, in many ways quite a bit worse off).

And NATO was fine when it was the US, France, the UK and other core allies. When they started bringing in Turkey, they had jumped the shark. As they expanded into E. Europe - it was purely strategic. It wasn't about protecting similar nations with intertwined histories and cultures, it was about projecting power and influence. The result of that kind of approach to the world? A massive national debt that we have no idea how we will repay.

Finally, absolutely many Republicans hate Russia. McCain, Romney, and plenty of others come to mind. What is fascinating to me is that in this election the Democrat is playing the role of warmongering while Trump isn't. Except that Democrats are falling into line.



Priceless watching that dolt Kerry snivel to the Russians about pulling out of the "peace talks". We should be aligned with the Russians and Assad against the Muslim terror groups. I am tired of nation building.

I saw on the news today that Obama now has 5000 US troops in Iraq. If him and Hillary left the 15000 in there 8 years ago... Iran would not be in control of Iraq, ISIS never would have formed and we would not have this manufactured refugee crisis.


I thought you were tired of nation building?

Posted on: 2016/9/29 3:32
 Top 


Re: Fulop won't run for governor, will back Murphy, sources say
Home away from home
Home away from home


Wow, if you have too much dirt to run as Gov of NJ, you know it must be bad.

Posted on: 2016/9/28 14:00
 Top 


Re: 9/26/2016: Presidential Debate (Hofstra)
Home away from home
Home away from home


Does Trump even want this? He was pretty uninspired last night.

Posted on: 2016/9/27 14:43
 Top 


Re: 9/26/2016: Presidential Debate (Hofstra)
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

Voyeur wrote:
Quote:

neverleft wrote:
Wow in two polls released today it is really close. That?s after Clinton spending 160 million to Trumps 33 million to date on TV ads. The word is Trump is going to spend 140 million from now until Election Day to crush Clinton.

General Election: Bloomberg Clinton 41, Trump 43, Johnson 8, Stein 4 Trump +2

General Election: Quinnipiac Clinton 44, Trump 43, Johnson 8, Stein 2 Clinton +1



Given the violent adverse reactions both candidates provoke in the public at large, I really have a tough time believing that any sizeable portion of the electorate is still to make their mind up. The gulf between Trump and Clinton is so staggeringly vast I just don't believe anyone is looking at one, then at the other and telling pollsters that they just can't decide.


I think the "undecided" voters are just closted Trump voters who don't feel comfortable publicly telling someone they will be voting for him.

Many gay Trump supporters have said it was much easier to publicly come out as gay than a Trump supporter.


A friend told you that? :)

Posted on: 2016/9/26 22:01
 Top 


Re: 9/26/2016: Presidential Debate (Hofstra)
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

manu wrote:

The 3rd debate in 2012 was on October 22nd, a Monday.
For some reasons, nobody made it an issue then. Why is it one this year?


Really? NOBODY made it an issue then? Got anything to back that up or is it just a baseless anecdote?

Quote:

If MNF matters more for some people that the debate, lets them watch football. The others can watch the debate, or a movie if that is what they'd like to do...


Think pragmatically instead of in ideals. You want it to be one way, but it's the other way.

More people will watch if it doesn't go against MNF. Therefore, just have it on a Tuesday, yeah? This is the easy stuff.



I googled it an could not find one instance mentioning it happening at the same time as MNF and it being an issue but please let me know what you have found that i did not...


Again, 2012, 2016 or any other year, it is nonsensical to have the Debates face off against MNF when it could just as easily be scheduled on a Tuesday. This isn't difficult.

Posted on: 2016/9/26 15:39
 Top 


Re: 9/26/2016: Presidential Debate (Hofstra)
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

manu wrote:

The 3rd debate in 2012 was on October 22nd, a Monday.
For some reasons, nobody made it an issue then. Why is it one this year?


Really? NOBODY made it an issue then? Got anything to back that up or is it just a baseless anecdote?

Quote:

If MNF matters more for some people that the debate, lets them watch football. The others can watch the debate, or a movie if that is what they'd like to do...


Think pragmatically instead of in ideals. You want it to be one way, but it's the other way.

More people will watch if it doesn't go against MNF. Therefore, just have it on a Tuesday, yeah? This is the easy stuff.


Posted on: 2016/9/26 15:00
 Top 


Re: 9/26/2016: Presidential Debate (Hofstra)
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

Lima17 wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:
Any bars or restaurants gonna show this debate on their big screen TV ?



LOL... the smart ones will have the NFL game on. Who would serve alcohol to any crowd with that mudfest on their tv.


For real, why are they going up against Monday Night Football?

The dates for these debates were set before the NFL setup this year's schedule and before Clinton and Trump became the nominees.


Huh? When is there *not* a Monday Night Football telecast in a late September Monday??


I agree, they should have it on a Tuesday. But it wasn't scheduled on this date, because the system is "rigged", as Trump claims,
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/n ... have-shared-stage-n620821


Ok sure. I'm not saying it's rigged. But there's no good reason to have it run against MNF.

Posted on: 2016/9/26 14:58
 Top 


Re: 9/26/2016: Presidential Debate (Hofstra)
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

third_street_hats wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:
Any bars or restaurants gonna show this debate on their big screen TV ?



LOL... the smart ones will have the NFL game on. Who would serve alcohol to any crowd with that mudfest on their tv.


For real, why are they going up against Monday Night Football?

The dates for these debates were set before the NFL setup this year's schedule and before Clinton and Trump became the nominees.


Huh? When is there *not* a Monday Night Football telecast in a late September Monday??



Or maybe its irrelevant since a week 3 game(or any game, for that matter) is probably not as important as a presidential debate. Up to you, though.

Resized Image


Monday Night Football always gets huge ratings. So you're incorrect in saying that it's irrelevant.

There's no good reason to schedule this on Monday as opposed to a Tuesday. Someone f*cked up.

Posted on: 2016/9/26 14:01
 Top 


Re: 9/26/2016: Presidential Debate (Hofstra)
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
I hope Hillary does not suffer from vertigo... that first step up and onto her podium might be difficult? Maybe they will put railings on it?

http://newsbuss.com/clintons-debate-p ... arger-than-trumps-report/


Hard hitting journalism right there

Posted on: 2016/9/26 2:35
 Top 


Re: 9/26/2016: Presidential Debate (Hofstra)
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

iGreg wrote:
~Battle of Gray Pubes~

(or possibly orange?)

#gray


Don't quit your day job.

Posted on: 2016/9/26 2:05
 Top 


Re: 9/26/2016: Presidential Debate (Hofstra)
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:
Any bars or restaurants gonna show this debate on their big screen TV ?



LOL... the smart ones will have the NFL game on. Who would serve alcohol to any crowd with that mudfest on their tv.


For real, why are they going up against Monday Night Football?

Posted on: 2016/9/26 1:45
 Top 


Re: 9/26/2016: Presidential Debate (Hofstra)
Home away from home
Home away from home


I'm going to go out on a huge limb and say that Democrat and Republican sheep alike will each blindly defend their candidate and trash the other.

Posted on: 2016/9/25 22:28
 Top 


Re: Green Party of the US - 2016 Presidential Candidate
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

Rorschach wrote:
A vote for Jill Stein is a vote for Donald Trump. It is Nader revisited. And look what that resulted in, 8 years of Dubya.


No, it's a vote for Jill Stein.


Posted on: 2016/9/24 19:07
 Top 


Re: Democratic Convention
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

drifterx wrote:
You mean the screw-up of lying about Obama not being born in the United States? That's like 7 years too late dude.

But seriously, you think Trump, who brags about bribing politicians will somehow end the corrupt practices the freely admits to doing?


You realize that Hillary's camp invented the birther thing, right? It was formulated during her primary against Obama in 2008.


Ah, the old "Mom, he started it!" defense

Posted on: 2016/9/23 16:45
 Top 


Re: Parking Issues Around Hamilton Park
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

Sutherland wrote:
Again, I disagree with you with regard to the expectation of street parking. It's expected that most constituents would use the roads for both driving and parking. Without that entitlement commerce would come to a grinding halt as would other commerce clause provisions. My taxes go to the maintenance of the streets that is expected I would use for both parking and driving. It's further expected that I would park my car in a reasonable proximity to the home I own and on which I pay my real estate taxes. Therefore, it's a reasonable expectation that I would be parking there. Furthermore, to control parking the City of Jersey City, limits non-residence from parking to two hours, demonstrating the City's preference for residence parking over non-resident parking. Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
[quote]


Also, I'd expect a CPA to understand that availability of street parking was not guaranteed as a result of paying property taxes, unless otherwise stated.


Again, you're making lots of assumptions and but your real estate tax bill does not state that it entitles you to street parking privileges.

Honestly, I expected more conscientiousness from a CPA.

Posted on: 2016/9/22 17:58
 Top 


Re: Parking Issues Around Hamilton Park
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

Sutherland wrote:
Bill, I most certainly do. In fact, I have a BS in Business Administration with a Major in Accounting, a CPA, a law degree and a license to practice in two states. I fully understand supply and demand. However, that doesn't mean that every municipality has to fulfill every demand. There are quality of life issues, capacity issues, and other issues. Municipalities are not businesses selling widgets. Quote:

bill wrote:
Quote:

Sutherland wrote:
.


WOW, Sutherland I'm curious do you have any rudimentary education in economics? Specifically the supply and demand curve?


Municipalities don't have to fulfill every demand.. such as parking?

Also, I'd expect a CPA to understand that availability of street parking was not guaranteed as a result of paying property taxes, unless otherwise stated.

Posted on: 2016/9/22 17:09
 Top 


Re: PATH (pathetic attempt at transporting humans)
Home away from home
Home away from home


Quote:

user1111 wrote:
PATH tunnels could close on weekends for next 2 years

Story


The article title is misleading because:

"A $400 million project to gut and replace track and electronics in the PATH's two tunnels between New Jersey and the World Trade Center would take one tunnel out of service at a time for 35 weekends a year over the next two years."

Posted on: 2016/9/22 16:39
 Top 



TopTop
« 1 ... 6 7 8 (9) 10 11 12 ... 58 »






Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!



LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact


JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017