Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
81 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 81

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Philippine News: Eduardo Toloza Named Jersey City Lifetime Chief Assessor
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
UST alumnus is Jersey City lifetime chief assessor

Philippine News
Rita Villadiego, Jul 18, 2007

NEW JERSEY ? The Filipino American community in Jersey City hailed the appointment of Eduardo Toloza as a lifetime chief assessor of Jersey City.

?The City Council unanimously approved his appointment. Ed did a great job in the city. When he came to the U.S. in 1981, Ed immediately worked in the City Hall and started as a cashier. Everyone praised his work as he was promoted as chief assessor,? said Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah Healy in a ceremony at Fiesta Grill.

Toloza took his oath of office presided by Healy. Attending the solemn ceremony was his wife, Didi, and their three children.

?I promise to build on the trust. I believe that public service is noble and a necessary cause. I will redouble my efforts by upholding the strongest ethical standards,? said Toloza, who is the first Filipino American to hold the post.

Mariano de Vega called Toloza, his fellow Knight of Rizal, to say, ?You made me so proud.?

Toloza graduated from Asia?s oldest Catholic university?The University of Sto. Thomas ? in 1976. In 1981, he immigrated to the U.S. and immediately worked as a cashier at the City Hall. He took up a master?s degree in management at Stevens Institute of Technology in Hoboken, New Jersey.

In 1983, he was promoted to accountant and later as assistant municipal tax collector. He was appointed as an assessor?s aide in 1991 and became assistant assessor in 1997. Due to his competence, talent, and strong work ethics, he was chosen as the city?s chief assessor in 2002. And this year he was named lifetime chief city assessor, which gives him a permanent tenure.

Toloza is an active community leader and a member of the Knights of Rizal. He is also a member of Jersey City?s Toastmasters and Philippine American Friendship Day. He was named 10 outstanding Filipinos in New Jersey. He hails from Mexico town, Pampanga.

?Wherever we are, Filipinos have a sense of duty and purpose to cultivate discipline. Filipinos are global citizens and we strive for the best. Let us help and support Ed Toloza,? said Consul Lindy Lachica.

Hundreds of Filipino Americans danced, dined and popped bottles of wines to celebrate Toloza?s appointment. It was a testament to FilAms? vibrant contributions to the economic life of the city.

?I represent the area where Ed lives. I?ve known him for over 15 years and admire his discipline and work,? said Councilman Bill Gaughan.

?We are proud of his accomplishments. I have known Ed for 20 years. He is very honest, dependable and full of integrity,? said Gani Morales, president of Topnotch Electronics and a member of Jersey City Filipino American Chamber of Commerce.

Posted on: 2007/7/18 9:34

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017