Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
79 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 79

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: JC Board of Education
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/23 17:09
Group:
Registered Users
This meeting is so important for our schools and our taxes. I hope to see a crowd tonight regardless of how you feel about the process or the candidates. The more people, the more both the candidates and the board will know we have an engaged community that will hold their feet to the fire and really that is the only way to get change for the better.

Quote:

BrightMoment wrote:
Meet the Final 2 Superintendent Candidates at the Town Hall Forum on June 15, 2012

All,

The Superintendent search process is wrapping up and we have set up a forum with the final 2 candidates which will be held on Friday, June 15 at PS11 (886 Bergen Ave) from 6-9pm. Dr. Debra Brathwaite will be speaking from 6-7:15pm and Dr. Marcia Lyles will be speaking from 7:30-8:45pm. The audience will be able to write down questions and submit them for responses. Both of these candidates have an incredible wealth of experience so please do come out to learn more about who they are and their vision for how our District can improve.

There is limited parking in the back of the school and the school is a short walk from the Journal Square PATH. I hope to see you there.

Thank you!
Sangeeta

Posted on: 2012/6/15 20:53
soshin: Mention guns and bd pops up through a hole in the ground like a heavily armed meercat

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
From the JJ comments?.

Quote:
Ok again let?s see we have a choice of two people from two not so spectacular school districts. They seem to be almost exactly like JC?s ?. FAILING!

-Marcia Lyles put her resignation papers in on December 2011 to resign in June 2012. WHY? Was her contract up? Did she fear she would not get rehired?

-Debra Brathwaite has been looking for a new job during the 2011-2012 school year. WHY? Was her contract up? Did she fear she would not get rehired?

One thing going for Brathwaite is that she was one of the top six candidates in the Broward School System?s search for a new superintendent.

Does the JCBOE search team have a web page with all of the candidates resume?s? Like this one from Broward?

http://browardschools.com/superintendent/resume.htm

FAILURE + FAILURE = FAILURE.

(I leaned that math in my grammar school days in the JC public schools many moons ago.)

Posted on: 2012/6/13 0:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/24 18:16
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
Meet the Final 2 Superintendent Candidates at the Town Hall Forum on June 15, 2012

All,

The Superintendent search process is wrapping up and we have set up a forum with the final 2 candidates which will be held on Friday, June 15 at PS11 (886 Bergen Ave) from 6-9pm. Dr. Debra Brathwaite will be speaking from 6-7:15pm and Dr. Marcia Lyles will be speaking from 7:30-8:45pm. The audience will be able to write down questions and submit them for responses. Both of these candidates have an incredible wealth of experience so please do come out to learn more about who they are and their vision for how our District can improve.

There is limited parking in the back of the school and the school is a short walk from the Journal Square PATH. I hope to see you there.

Thank you!
Sangeeta

Posted on: 2012/6/7 2:44
Resized Image
Help US Sue Spectra! Join OR Donate!

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 2:33
Group:
Registered Users
My fifth grade teacher had a long flat wooden paddle, shaped sort of like a cricket bat, hanging on the wall with the label "Board of Education".

Posted on: 2007/3/15 12:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
It was moved to a better location and on the 27th at 7 pm. When the conflict was realized, due to your post here, the date is being changed. I believe it will be at the wee beginning of April. This information should be released very soon when plans are made solid.

Quote:

pchops wrote:
Well it's listed on the BOE site as this

Tuesday, 3/27 - NJQSAC Public Forum, PS #11, 6 p.m.

but last week, there was an entire paragraph explaining the event.

NJQSAC is NJ Quality Single Accountability Continuum
Does anyone know what this is?

I will call them and ask them how to get on their Speaker's list

Isn't the JC Family Schools Public Forum on Thursday, the 29th?

Pam

Posted on: 2007/3/15 4:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/7/8 14:23
Group:
Registered Users
Well it's listed on the BOE site as this

Tuesday, 3/27 - NJQSAC Public Forum, PS #11, 6 p.m.

but last week, there was an entire paragraph explaining the event.

NJQSAC is NJ Quality Single Accountability Continuum
Does anyone know what this is?

I will call them and ask them how to get on their Speaker's list

Isn't the JC Family Schools Public Forum on Thursday, the 29th?

Pam

Posted on: 2007/3/15 4:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I'm wrong, PChops, I thought you were talking about the JCFBS Forum, which was slated for the same night apparently.

What is this one about? Is it important enough to pre-empt the JCFBS event?

FAB and NON and RR, quit hijacking this thread or I will send you all to your rooms/ hutches, without diner!

Quote:

Althea wrote:
The press release for the 27th Forum goes out tomorrow. It hasn't been posted here yet, because it isn't official yet.

Althea

Quote:

pchops wrote:
On the website, www.jcboe.org, there was a post about a public forum meeting on March 27th where the BOE will be reviewed by an independent commission from the State of NJ. THis is no longer on the website. Does anybody have this information?

Posted on: 2007/3/15 1:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Tern? Are you on the JC Schools list? If you are, could you pose this same question there? It never even occurred to me as odd until you mention it now.

Posted on: 2007/3/14 18:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/18 1:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Why did the principal of PS3 retire in the middle of the year?
Was this planned? It seems odd that it happened so suddenly with next to no notice.

Although perhaps there was notice and I just didn't notice.

Robin.

Posted on: 2007/3/14 18:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The press release for the 27th Forum goes out tomorrow. It hasn't been posted here yet, because it isn't official yet.

Althea

Quote:

pchops wrote:
On the website, www.jcboe.org, there was a post about a public forum meeting on March 27th where the BOE will be reviewed by an independent commission from the State of NJ. THis is no longer on the website. Does anybody have this information?

Posted on: 2007/3/14 18:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2007/3/14 5:33

JC Board of Education
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Hi, I hope this thread remains alive because many of you have so much experience in this area. Our 1st issue is the BOE meeting, 2nd is the Public Forum held by the State, and 3rd is the Parent's Forum for BOE candidates.

On Thursday, March 15th, the Board of Education will have it's monthly meeting. This will be the last Board of Ed meeting before the elections in April.

Many parents have come together and will be speaking at the meeting. We need more people to come and support our voice.

We need to let the Board Of Education know that there are many parents concerned about the lack of Educational Facilities, failing standards, lack of process among faculty selection among other concerns. If you can, please join me and a couple of other parents who will speak at the next meeting on Thursday, March 15th about issues, please call, Board Secretary, Annemarie Carbonito at
201-915-6074. We will need people to hold up signs. If you cannot attend, please call 201-915-6074 and ask for their fax number. Fax them a letter that "we need more schools to accommodate the growing toddler poplulation" or that the Board should follow proper procedures in hiring Faculty by opening the process.

Thanks again for any support you can provide us and please join JC Schools yahoo group by emailing me. Thanks!

Posted on: 2007/3/14 5:27

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017