Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
120 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 120

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: stabbing on Congress Street
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/17 15:41
Group:
Registered Users
I believe this happened near Webster Ave.

Posted on: 2006/9/24 16:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Cops grab rob-slay suspect in Union City
Saturday, September 23, 2006
By GREG HANLON
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

One of two suspects in the July 16 murder of a Jersey City man found stabbed to death in the hallway of his Congress Street apartment building was arrested in Union City Thursday night, authorities said.

Fernando Negron, 18, formerly of Jersey City but staying in Union City where he was arrested, was charged with the murder of Juan Roman Hernandez, a 29-year-old Mexican national who worked as a dishwasher in Hoboken, Hudson County Prosecutor Edward DeFazio said.

Negron was also charged with related weapons charges and is currently in Hudson County jail, according to DeFazio.

The murder occurred during the course of an armed robbery, said DeFazio, who believes there was a struggle that left Hernandez dead from multiple stab wounds. The apparent murder weapon - a folding knife - was found near the crime scene, he said.

Negron's apprehension was the result of an ongoing investigation by both the Union City and Jersey City police departments, and the second suspect - Wilkins Lopez, 23, of 18 Bergen Ave. in Jersey City - is still being sought, DeFazio said.

Lopez, who also uses the last name Canelario, is on probation for aggravated assault, DeFazio said.

"Hopefully Mr. Lopez will come in voluntarily," said DeFazio. "It would be better for all concerned."

Anybody with information about this crime or Mr. Lopez' whereabouts is encouraged to call the Hudson County Prosecutor's Office Homicide Squad at (201) 915-1345.

Posted on: 2006/9/23 18:03

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/5/21 2:29
Group:
Registered Users
does anyone know where on congress this happen? (intersection maybe?)

Posted on: 2006/8/2 18:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/24 18:16
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fasteddie wrote:
When did this happen? Are you talking about the Mexican guy who was murdered in his hallway in the apt. Bldg. a few weeks ago?

Uh...yeah. Hey, fasteddie, you lost your glasses or has ADD set in!

Quote:
Immigrant killed in Heights
Attacked after work with knife
Monday, July 17, 2006
By JACK HERMAN
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

A 29-year-old Mexican immigrant was stabbed to death in the hallway of his Congress Street apartment early yesterday morning, Hudson County Prosecutor Edward DeFazio said.

Posted on: 2006/8/2 18:23
Resized Image
Help US Sue Spectra! Join OR Donate!

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/13 23:12
Group:
Registered Users
When did this happen? Are you talking about the Mexican guy who was murdered in his hallway in the apt. Bldg. a few weeks ago?

Posted on: 2006/8/2 16:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Immigrant killed in Heights
Attacked after work with knife
Monday, July 17, 2006
By JACK HERMAN
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

A 29-year-old Mexican immigrant was stabbed to death in the hallway of his Congress Street apartment early yesterday morning, Hudson County Prosecutor Edward DeFazio said.

Juan Roman Hernandez had just come back from Clinton Street in Hoboken, where he worked as a restaurant dishwasher, when the attacker stabbed him in both the back and chest at around 2 a.m., DeFazio said.

Investigators aren't sure where the attack occurred. Hernandez was found inside the building, but his bike was propping open the building's main door - which still had a key in the lock. However, there was no apparent blood trail, according to Rosa Esmeralda Hoesca, the tenant who found his body.

No arrest had been made, and no motive established, as authorities continue to investigate, DeFazio said. A folding knife - the apparent murder weapon - was recovered in the area, DeFazio said.

When authorities arrived, Hernandez was taken to Jersey City Medical Center and pronounced dead on arrival, DeFazio said.

Hoesca, who lives in an apartment below Hernandez's, said through an interpreter she saw Hernandez sprawled on the hallway floor and called out to him. When he didn't respond, she moved closer and discovered he was lying in a pool of blood. She then ran upstairs and told Hernandez's brother to call police.

Hernandez moved to the United States from Mexico three years ago and lived at the Congress Street apartment with his three brothers and an uncle for the past six months, his cousin Lola Avendano said.

He had a wife and kids in Mexico and planned to go back there in a few months, according to the building's superintendent, Melvin Aguiar.

"He had no problems with anyone," said his brother Adan Roman Hernandez in their apartment, which was adorned with a number of Mexican flags.

"He was a quiet, hard working guy," Aguiar said. "He was always on his way to work."

Authorities ask anyone with any knowledge of Hernandez's whereabouts from the time he left work to when he arrived home to contact the Hudson County Prosecutor's Office Homicide Squad at (201) 915-1345.

Posted on: 2006/8/2 16:47

stabbing on Congress Street

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/31 0:10
Group:
Registered Users
I'm wondering if anyone can send me a link to info about the recent stabbing on Congress (@ Webster, I believe) . . I've tried searching on the Jersey Journal site and all I get are stories about other crimes.

it's just a few blocks from my house, so I'd like to know more about it . . thanks for anything you can send along

Posted on: 2006/8/2 16:30

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017