Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
122 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 122

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Chief Comey?

Hide User information
Last Login :
2006/6/20 21:17
Group:
Registered Users
...the guy running the private detective agency in violation of the Private Detective Act, inter alia.

Posted on: 2006/6/20 21:18

Chief Comey?

Hide User information
Last Login :
2006/6/20 21:17
Group:
Registered Users
Scuttlebut is that Tom Comey is to replace Troy. Readers of this site know what that means.

Posted on: 2006/6/20 16:17

Re: Police Chief Robert Troy calling it quits - Healy expects the city's top cop to retire within weeks.
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/11/30 18:54
Group:
Banned
It's the one of main streets coming out of the Grove Path. (along the huge mural) There are homeless cardboard "homes" on the sidewalk and I catch people pissing on the parking meters at 6 in the evening.
And is drinking outside legal in JC? Or only if your a thug? Why do they get to sit outside in the park, or on my stoop and drink 40s all day? I drank a beer in front of my house and I got a drinking in public ticket. Do you think the cop walked around the corner to ticket the thugs smoking a blunt on their stoop? NO.

Posted on: 2006/6/14 20:16

Re: Police Chief Robert Troy calling it quits - Healy expects the city's top cop to retire within we
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/7/23 20:11
From Downtown, Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

lostgirl wrote:
When is the last time any city official has taken a walk down Columbus Ave?

Where's Columbus Ave?

Lostgirl, stop complaining, (parking lots, supermarkets, and babies). It's not a way to attract men.

Posted on: 2006/6/14 20:10

Re: Police Chief Robert Troy calling it quits - Healy expects the city's top cop to retire within weeks.
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/11/30 18:54
Group:
Banned
Jersey City is so currupt. I thought it could change, but it can't. All the new development won't help when the money is not going back to the city and there are no police to clean up the streets. When is the last time any city offical has taken a walk down Columbus Ave?
There is no excuse for letting our city rot away while they pocket our money!

Posted on: 2006/6/14 20:06

Re: Police Chief Robert Troy calling it quits - Healy expects the city's top cop to retire within we
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/2/7 17:42
From Ward E - Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Being a close personal friend of the Mayor should not be a prerequisite for high level appointments! Finding a qualified replacement thorough a nationwide search process is the way to go!

Quote:

MCA wrote:
I say good riddance to Troy, but we need to put pressure on the mayor to find a qualified replacement for him via a thorough and transparent nationwide search process. The job of Police Chief is too important to be handed out to do-nothing, incompetent and possibly corrupt machine cogs like Comey or Dalton (previous post here).

Posted on: 2006/6/14 16:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/19 17:53
Group:
Registered Users
Only in jersey city could you announce your retirement on the same day you announce the City is the most dangerous city in N.J.Great job,lets have a parade and give Troy the keys to the City.Wanna bet this guy gets an even better job somewhere else in the city or county.Failing upward is a J.C. tradition.

Posted on: 2006/6/14 15:50

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/8/21 22:27
Group:
Registered Users
Please tell me that is a joke...even Healy wouldnt appoint the parking authority guy, right? The guy who couldnt make money with a cash machine like the Parking Auth...in charge of the police???? Please no!

Posted on: 2006/6/14 13:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/12/10 15:54
Group:
Banned
Quote:
. But the chief feels like he has a number of things he still wants to accomplish within the Police Department and regarding reducing crime in the city, Martinez said.

Gee, i feel secure now. the chief of police still wants to reduce crime in the city.

a$$wipe

Posted on: 2006/6/14 5:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/5 16:21
Group:
Registered Users
Thank God! that guy is an idiot.

Posted on: 2006/6/14 2:10

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/1/23 17:55
Group:
Banned
I say good riddance to Troy, but we need to put pressure on the mayor to find a qualified replacement for him via a thorough and transparent nationwide search process. The job of Police Chief is too important to be handed out to do-nothing, incompetent and possibly corrupt machine cogs like Comey or Dalton (previous post here).

Posted on: 2006/6/13 17:36

Police Chief Robert Troy calling it quits - Healy expects the city's top cop to retire within weeks.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Police chief ready to call it a career?
Tuesday, June 13, 2006
By JARRETT RENSHAW
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

Is Police Chief Robert Troy calling it quits?

Well, that depends on who you ask.

Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah Healy said yesterday that he expects the city's top cop to retire within the next "three to four weeks."

"He's had a long and prestigious career, and he's put in his time," said Healy, who would not comment on any successor, but added that he does have a person in mind.

Meanwhile, Police Director Sam Jefferson said yesterday that after several conversations with Troy during the past few weeks, he expects the chief to retire by the first of July.

"His performance was as good as any other chief we have ever had, and better than some," Jefferson said.

Troy could not be reached for comment, but department spokesman Sgt. Edgar Martinez said the chief "has not made any decision at all," regarding his retirement date.

Martinez said Troy and his wife spoke this weekend about the possibility of retiring soon and that he went as far mentioning the possibility to the mayor yesterday. But the chief feels like he has a number of things he still wants to accomplish within the Police Department and regarding reducing crime in the city, Martinez said.

Healy was later asked about Troy's comments, and he reiterated that he thought Troy was going to retire in three to four weeks, but he said "nothing is etched in stone."

If Troy does retire, sources inside City Hall said there is a short list of possible successors, including Troy's current chief of staff Lt. Tom Comey and Jersey City Parking Authority Executive Director Bob Dalton, a former Jersey City police officer and former dean of students at Hudson Catholic Regional High School.

Healy, in one of his first moves in office, appointed Troy as police chief in November 2004. Troy, a 25-year veteran, was the commander of the department's Bureau of Criminal Identification.

Though brief, Troy's tenure has not been without its controversy.

Citing last year's highest homicide total since 1982 as the main reason, Downtown Councilman Steve Fulop called for Troy's resignation earlier this year, but the call was met with strong support for Troy from other council members and the mayor.

"Change is going to be a good thing for Bobby Troy and the city," said Fulop yesterday. "I wish him the best of luck."

Posted on: 2006/6/13 14:45

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017