Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
123 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 123

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Walter Parks & Rob Curto Perform at Cathedral Arts Live Jan. 17

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/2/16 23:38
From JERSEY CITY
Group:
Registered Users
LEGENDARY DUO WALTER PARKS & ROB CURTO PERFORM REELS, SPIRITUALS, AND SWAMP BLUES ON JANUARY 17, 2020

Cathedral Arts Live is delighted to once again host the incomparable Walter Parks, performing with accordion ace Rob Curto on January 17, 2020 at 7 pm. BCB Bank is proud to sponsor this special night of live music at Grace Church Van Vorst.

Storyteller, singer-songwriter and finger-picking guitarist Walter Parks, a Florida native now living in Jersey City, enchants audiences with his creative mix of swamp blues, folk and jazz delivered sometimes in an ambient style and sometimes in a gritty-rootsy style. www.walterparks.com

Rob Curto is an accordionist, composer, arranger, and keyboardist based in New York and Philadelphia. He is a founding member of the band Matuto which was chosen to represent the United States State Department overseas as part of the American Music Abroad program in 2013 and 2015. He has released 4 CDs as a bandleader and is a prolific composer and arranger. www.robcurto.com

The duo's collaboration marks Parks? third appearance at Cathedral Arts Live. He previously delighted audiences with a solo performance, a reimagining of traditional spirituals with Jersey City singer Vivian Sessoms, and a reunion with Stephanie Winters, his former bandmate from The Nudes.

?Along the path of a serious artistic career, certain situations, places and/or people eventually take us to a crossroads,? said Parks. ?In working with Richie Havens for ten years I arrived at this juncture ? I could take the route of being good, or go beyond, rising to my fullest potential and embracing, or at least striving for, the excellence that I knew was in me. The latter is a scary choice but satisfying beyond measure if one can deliver the excellence one is capable of. A new sense of pride and confidence empowers wherein raw accomplishment motivates far more than does the ego. Grace Van Vorst Church is such a crossroads, where one is naturally inspired to do one's best work instead of settling for less, for to do so would be boringly evident by contrast amidst such glorious sonic and visual beauty, having been created long ago by fellow artisans rising to their own occasions.?

Tickets are $20 in advance, $25 at the door. Hot food and cold beverages available for purchase. Doors open at 7 p.m. Visit www.cathedralartslive.org to purchase tickets.

Cathedral Arts Live at Grace Church Van Vorst
39 Erie St, Jersey City, NJ 07302

Now in its fifth season, Cathedral Arts Live aims to create a transcendent musical experience and strengthen our community by welcoming and celebrating a diverse group of artists, performers, and audiences in our beautiful space.

Cathedral Arts Live 2019-2020 Season

FEBRUARY 28, 2020
An adventurous blend of folk, R&B, jazz, gospel, and rock ?n roll Upstate creates a ?harmonic maelstrom? of original sound. The night opens with soaring vocals and intimate harmonies from the all-female a cappella quartet Cabaret Sauvignon.

MARCH 27, 2020
VickiKristinaBarcelona is a power trio of musical veterans, Rachelle Garniez, Amanda Homi, and Terry Radigan, who rearrange songs of Tom Waits with inventive 3-part harmonies and virtuoso instrumentation. Apollo Sonders a four-piece ensemble playing a heartfelt mixture of soul, modern R&B, and indie pop-rock will kick off the performance.

APRIL 17, 2020
NYC musical collective ShoutHouse presents ?off the rails? complex grooves, poetic hip-hop, high-octane vocals, and instrumental solos for a cutting-edge concert experience.

This program is made possible in part by funds from The New Jersey State Council on The Arts/Department of State, a partner agency of The National Endowment for the Arts, administered by The Hudson County Office of Cultural & Heritage Affairs, Thomas A. Degise, County Executive, and The Board of Chosen Freeholders. We also thank our Sponsor BCB bank for their generous support.

For additional information contact cathedralartslive@gmail.com

Posted on: 2020/1/14 19:22

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017