Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
106 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 106

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City Residents Say Chaotic Bike Lanes Send Cyclists The Wrong Way In Front Of A School, Churc
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
I was not going to edit the Ward C meeting since I did Ward B, but since there has been so much discussion, I believe the community should see it. It is edited for 28 minutes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0YeLC9nFIc

Posted on: 2019/10/7 0:06

Re: Jersey City Residents Say Chaotic Bike Lanes Send Cyclists The Wrong Way In Front Of A School, Churc
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I have been to C and D meetings on this subject and bikers pack the meetings. They say they need the road diet to keep safe, but it is a rare site to see any biker use a helmet. Their safety is pushed on others instead of being responsible for themselves. My friend, Bob Miller passed away recently. He had health problems for a long time. During the summer months he sent me copies of emails that he sent the mayor. Apparently, Bob Miller had to wait twice for ambulances. One time was 20 minutes and the other time was 30 minutes. Bob was a frequent visitor to city hall. His recent death had nothing to do with a delay ambulance call but still, there is an impact when traffic does not move.

Posted on: 2019/10/1 15:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/10 14:50
From hamilton park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Yes, I have and as you know this plan is in NYC. The NYC firefighters do not like this plan because it contributes to delays. http://www.newgeography.com/content/0 ... HWboh6a7pbg6_f1J3CczuHgro

wrong, it's not bike lanes that cause delays, it's drivers illegally parking and double parking their chariots of convenience

Posted on: 2019/10/1 14:16
utterly deplorable

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/1/3 19:14
From Chilltown
Group:
Registered Users
Dude, either seek help, or bang Yvonne and fulfill your obvious fantasy. Seriously, your obsession is creepy as hell.

Quote:

dr_nick_riviera wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Yes, I have and as you know this plan is in NYC. The NYC firefighters do not like this plan because it contributes to delays. http://www.newgeography.com/content/0 ... HWboh6a7pbg6_f1J3CczuHgro

But wait, I thought Yvonne refused to patronize downtown JC because it would require her to pay for parking, which she believes she is always entitled to get for free?

At least this means she?s probability conceded the war to preserve and build more parking lots. Most likely someone told her that only LGBT people use bike lanes and that?s why they?re now the new object of her ire.

Posted on: 2019/10/1 11:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The medical center is downtown and doctors have their offices there. Besides there are places downtown like Holy Rosary and St. Anthony that have decent parking. I like to go to those churches.

Posted on: 2019/9/30 23:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/3 18:37
From DTJC
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

But wait, I thought Yvonne refused to patronize downtown JC because it would require her to pay for parking, which she believes she is always entitled to get for free?

At least this means she?s probability conceded the war to preserve and build more parking lots. Most likely someone told her that only LGBT people use bike lanes and that?s why they?re now the new object of her ire.

Posted on: 2019/9/30 22:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2019/9/30 22:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/10 14:50
From hamilton park
Group:
Registered Users
have you been downtown lately Yvonne, the new protected bike lanes are everywhere so take off the tin foil hat, they're going all over town! WOO HOO for bike lanes!

Posted on: 2019/9/30 19:25
utterly deplorable

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
For two years, Van Vorst Park and others had meetings with the city over Grand St and it is still going on. The people on Bergen Avenue complained this is pushed on them and they found out a couple of days before the work started. Council-President Lavarro also attended the meeting at Hudson Catholic and said the people there (Bergen Avenue) was disrespected by the mayor, he would not pull this downtown.

Posted on: 2019/9/28 16:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/20 23:45
From gone
Group:
Registered Users
There were a bunch of meetings. I went to two myself. And there was the demonstration project last October, when a temporary protected bike lane was installed on Bergen Av for four days to see how it worked.

I know it?s darn near impossible to reach out to every person in the city, but to suggest this was done in secret or suddenly is absolutely ridiculous.

Posted on: 2019/9/28 0:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
News on Jersey City bikes lanes by media. By the way, the residents said they had no notice yet Fulop said there was 60 meetings.https://newyork.cbslocal.com/video/417 ... o3VTYA3uD7xMIFVhphPPDIMZA

Posted on: 2019/9/27 19:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/3 18:37
From DTJC
Group:
Banned
Quote:

135jc wrote:
A car stuck in traffic will pollute much more than one moving. Someone needs to get that info to Fulop.

I believe at the meeting, the goal is to have 140/190 of the total miles of road in Jersey City with bike lanes.

Unfortunately for Yvonne and the other NIMBY oldsters:

?The reality is we had 60 public meetings, 60. Not something that happened overnight,? Fulop said.

That said, the mayor says nothing is final. Parking issues and more can be adjusted, but the bike lanes will remain as part of a citywide initiative.

The mayor says new traffic patterns are part of a greater push to encourage residents to take public transportation or give biking a try to help reduce congestion.

So doesn't look like they're going anywhere. Maybe you guys could get Boggiano to run for mayor on a platform of ripping them all out, if he can even stay awake long enough.

Posted on: 2019/9/27 2:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/22 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
A car stuck in traffic will pollute much more than one moving. Someone needs to get that info to Fulop.

Posted on: 2019/9/27 0:45

Jersey City Residents Say Chaotic Bike Lanes Send Cyclists The Wrong Way In Front Of A School, Churc
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City Residents Say Chaotic Bike Lanes Send Cyclists The Wrong Way In Front Of A School, Church

September 26, 2019 at 7:11 pm

JERSEY CITY, N.J. (CBSNewYork) ? Jersey City officials say the new bike lanes were meant to improve safety ? but residents say the change has actually created a dangerous problem right near a school.

CBS2 cameras caught one biker after another going the wrong way on Bergen Avenue; in the newly painted bright green bike lane.

Bike lanes in Jersey City causing confusion near schools and churches. (Credit: CBS2)

The arrow on that lane however, shows it shifts from two-way access down to one-way.

Bikers are supposed to cross the street to continue on, but Terence Matthews ? associate principal of Hudson Catholic High School ? says this is just one of the many problems with the new bike lanes.

?You changed the bus stop by the school, now you?re running a bike lane through a bus stop,? Matthews explained.

CBS2 witnessed a passenger get off without looking both ways, walking right into the bike path, a danger especially if bikers are coming from the wrong direction.

Jersey City bus passengers must now cross bike lanes just to get to the curb. (Credit: CBS2)

Priests at St. Aedan?s say the bike lanes cause major issues especially during special events. There is no access now for funerals or weddings to pull up out front.

Others are frustrated that vehicular traffic which was reduced from four lanes down to two and three lanes.

Jersey City?s new bike lanes have now cut off the curb leading to St. Aedan?s church ? not allowing access for funeral and wedding parties. (Credit: CBS2)

?It?s causing a lot of cars? causing a lot of accidents in the Journal Square area, so I think it was a waste of money,? Vilissa Jordan said.

Jersey City Mayor Steven Fulop claims the reduction in lanes was a strategic safety move.

?There was a lot of crashes there, there were fatalities in that area, it was very unsafe street, so a road diet isn?t a terrible thing,? Fulop argued.

Matthews says the school was given a just few days notice about the new traffic pattern and wishes the city sought neighborhood input.

?The reality is we had 60 public meetings, 60. Not something that happened overnight,? Fulop said.

That said, the mayor says nothing is final. Parking issues and more can be adjusted, but the bike lanes will remain as part of a citywide initiative.

The mayor says new traffic patterns are part of a greater push to encourage residents to take public transportation or give biking a try to help reduce congestion.

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2019/09/2 ... ity-bike-lanes-wrong-way/

Posted on: 2019/9/26 23:34

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017