Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
111 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 111

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: New Vote-By-Mail Law Raises Concerns Over Confusion
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
The quote in my original post was from the original article about confusion in the new vote by mail law. No idea what else you read into my witty observation that led you to believe that it was "all over the place". All I did was cite a voter fraud risk (the same one your WaPo expert identified) that had no control if the counties intend to send out mail ballots in perpetuity. Of course no chance of that happening here in Hudson County Quote:
JSleeze wrote: I read it. The mistake I probably made was I perhaps drew the wrong conclusion from your all over the place and largely unrelated to the topic post. Maybe I misunderstood your "point". By "joking" (I'm guessing you were trying to be funny) that democrats were likely to be happy with perpetual write-in ballots you must be inferring that from historical patterns that relied on in-person vote fraud because, to my knowledge, there have been no legitimate studies or investigations into mail-in vote fraud such that a pattern could be established that a certain type of voter was more prone to commit write-in vote fraud. Because you would have needed to make that inference, you clearly believe in the 31 in a billion Santa Claus. And then, the cherry on this shit sundae was something you burped about immigration. Really not your finest work.

Posted on: 2018/9/20 18:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/26 20:07
Group:
Registered Users
I read it. The mistake I probably made was I perhaps drew the wrong conclusion from your all over the place and largely unrelated to the topic post. Maybe I misunderstood your "point".

By "joking" (I'm guessing you were trying to be funny) that democrats were likely to be happy with perpetual write-in ballots you must be inferring that from historical patterns that relied on in-person vote fraud because, to my knowledge, there have been no legitimate studies or investigations into mail-in vote fraud such that a pattern could be established that a certain type of voter was more prone to commit write-in vote fraud.

Because you would have needed to make that inference, you clearly believe in the 31 in a billion Santa Claus.

And then, the cherry on this shit sundae was something you burped about immigration. Really not your finest work.

Posted on: 2018/9/20 17:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Apparently you did not read your own source.... note the comment about Mail-in-ballot fraud... exactly what I was commenting about.

"This sort of misdirection is pretty common, actually. Election fraud happens. But ID laws are not aimed at the fraud you?ll actually hear about. Most current ID laws (Wisconsin is a rare exception) aren?t designed to stop fraud with absentee ballots (indeed, laws requiring ID at the polls push more people into the absentee system, where there are plenty of real dangers). Or vote buying. Or coercion. Or fake registration forms. Or voting from the wrong address. Or ballot box stuffing by officials in on the scam. In the 243-page document that Mississippi State Sen. Chris McDaniel filed on Monday with evidence of allegedly illegal votes in the Mississippi Republican primary, there were no allegations of the kind of fraud that ID can stop."

Quote:

JSleeze wrote:
Quote:
TheBigGuy wrote:
"Mail-in ballots for all future elections will continue to get them until they opt out" .... or die? A democrat wet dream come true.

With no need for illegals, maybe we can start enforcing immigration laws?

Ah yes, voter fraud. That perennial non-problem in search of a "solution". 31 incidents per 1 billion votes cast.

Keep banging that broken drum! Clearly it works, because it continues to gain enough traction to enable voter suppression laws to flourish anywhere the GOP is in control.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wo ... t/?utm_term=.765e9d53c59c

Posted on: 2018/9/20 17:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
I personally witness people voting fraud twice, both times I contacted the board of elections. I don't know what became of those complaints but I did it so there would be a record.

Posted on: 2018/9/20 16:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/26 20:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
TheBigGuy wrote:
"Mail-in ballots for all future elections will continue to get them until they opt out" .... or die? A democrat wet dream come true.

Ah yes, voter fraud. That perennial non-problem in search of a "solution". 31 incidents per 1 billion votes cast.

Keep banging that broken drum! Clearly it works, because it continues to gain enough traction to enable voter suppression laws to flourish anywhere the GOP is in control.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wo ... t/?utm_term=.765e9d53c59c

Posted on: 2018/9/20 16:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
Hudson County Clerk's office to stay open late Sunday for vote-by-mail applications

Updated 10:54 AM; Posted 10:54 AM
By The Jersey Journal

The Office of Hudson County Clerk will offer extended hours on Sunday to accept vote-by-mail applications for the upcoming general election.

The office, located on the fourth floor of the Hudson County Plaza building in Jersey City, will be open from 1 to 6 p.m., Hudson County Clerk E. Junior Maldonado said.

Voters who wish to cast their vote on Sunday must bring a valid New Jersey-issued identification card (state, government, or local ID) that contains the person's photo, address, and signature. The address the ID must match their ballot address.

The office is located inside the Hudson County Plaza, 257 Cornelison Ave. in Jersey City.

For more information on election services provided by the Office of the Hudson County Clerk, call 201-369-3470 and selection option No. 6.

https://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... d.html#incart_river_index

Posted on: 2018/9/20 15:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
we should just do all mail-in ballots, same way Washington State does it. Would save a ton of money on precincts, and increase voter participation.

Posted on: 2018/9/13 4:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2018/9/13 2:51

New Vote-By-Mail Law Raises Concerns Over Confusion
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users

New Jersey's vote-by-mail system is changing under a new law enacted last month that some lawmakers and county officials are warning could spark confusion.

Sept. 12, 2018, at 4:35 p.m.

By MIKE CATALINI, Associated Press

TRENTON, N.J. (AP) ? New Jersey's vote-by-mail system is changing under a new law enacted last month that some lawmakers and county officials are warning could spark confusion.

Democratic Gov. Phil Murphy signed the new law in August, and it's going into effect in time for this year's closely watched midterm elections, in which one Senate seat and all 12 House posts are on the ballot.

Under the law, voters who requested mail-in ballots for all future elections will continue to get them until they opt out. That's a change from previous law that required officials to check in with mail-in voters to ask if they want to continue after the fourth general election since they signed up.

But the law also made another change, which clerks say has resulted in frustration and a dash to inform voters about their status.

The new law mandates that voters who signed up for and got mail-in ballots for the 2016 general election will continue to be sent those ballots for all future elections, unless they opt out.

That means that voters who wanted to vote absentee in 2016 but expected to vote at a machine this year in person might be surprised when they turn up at the polls.

Read more here:
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-state ... s-concerns-over-confusion

Posted on: 2018/9/13 0:58

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017