Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
101 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 101

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 »

Re: 4th of July in JC @ Exchange Place - Featuring Snoop Dog
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

psyop wrote:
Is Heights the husband of Yvonne or actually Yvonne? It has to be one or the other.

thought he was the guy yelling at the woman in the Puerto Rico shirt, or at least, that's how I picture him.

Posted on: 2018/7/13 16:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/21 23:51
Group:
Registered Users
Is Heights the husband of Yvonne or actually Yvonne? It has to be one or the other.

Posted on: 2018/7/13 0:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Heights, no one gives two flying fickled fingers of fate about what you think. No one ever has and no one ever will but keep posting, you do give us all a laugh.

That's right Brat live up to your name. Continue to accept and be oblivious to what's thrown at you. Maybe one day when you have responsibilities and something to call your own you will understand what it means to have a structured life, that is when you get one.

Posted on: 2018/7/13 0:18
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Heights, no one gives two flying fickled fingers of fate about what you think. No one ever has and no one ever will but keep posting, you do give us all a laugh.

Posted on: 2018/7/12 14:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GlitterQueen wrote:
I was in the area with lots of people with no free food or alcohol along the river and no one was complaining. Lots of kids playing and people talking to the other people standing or sitting near them. There were plenty of vendors and they were cheap as hell. People in JC will complain about anything and everything.

Any complaint should be valid enough to be concerned about, there must be some credibility to it because why would anyone make up an incident. Obviously with complaints / concerns there I room for improvement.

Posted on: 2018/7/11 0:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

penclfactory wrote:
Some really nice thinly-veiled racism on display here. Congrats JCList - you never disappoint! I too am nervous about the crowd he'll attract: an overabundance of Hoboken bros in their 30s (think 'Old School,' which made fun of white people liking Snoop 15 years ago).

11 people shot in JC between June 30th and July 7th. I don?t think it was improper to worry that there could?ve been violence at the concert/fireworks.

Posted on: 2018/7/10 19:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

DanL wrote:
Everything around here seems ass backwards, the headliner should have just performed after the fireworks. jc make it yours!

What a tragedy everyone should ask for their money back for the full price of the tickets to the fireworks and the Snoop Dogg concert. Disgusting!

The horror the horror ....

JC1TV video:

Posted on: 2018/7/8 18:59

Edited by neverleft on 2018/7/8 19:15:57
Edited by neverleft on 2018/7/8 19:17:50
Edited by neverleft on 2018/7/8 19:21:27
Edited by neverleft on 2018/7/8 19:21:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/12/16 16:34
Group:
Registered Users
Any and all of the televised fireworks started on time. Anyone with any professional show experience can make stuff happen on time.

I have no idea what led to Snoop Dogg's act being late, but someone needed to keep all the concert acts in line as to on and off times on the concert stage. 5 minutes late would have been one thing, but 45 minutes late, total screw up.

Tardiness, short of health emergencies or similar, is one of the ruder things in this world. It's a sign that you believe your time is more valuable than others.

Posted on: 2018/7/8 16:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/2 21:22
Group:
Registered Users
I was in the area with lots of people with no free food or alcohol along the river and no one was complaining. Lots of kids playing and people talking to the other people standing or sitting near them. There were plenty of vendors and they were cheap as hell. People in JC will complain about anything and everything.

Posted on: 2018/7/8 16:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GlitterQueen wrote:
You are all haters. Fireworks start late all the time. This is not a big deal.

LOL.. haters? 5-10 minutes is late... for the thousands not located in the free food free alcohol VIP section of Exchange Place 45 minutes of darkness and silence over the Hudson is a long time.

Posted on: 2018/7/8 14:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/2 21:22
Group:
Registered Users
You are all haters. Fireworks start late all the time. This is not a big deal.

Posted on: 2018/7/8 14:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JPhurst wrote:
We were told that this was a parade of horribles waiting to happen. One critic even tried to link this to school funding AND Katyn by saying the city was spending its own money and moved it to the Waterfront to showcase Mack Cali! Then there was the talk about crime, the inability to host an event of this size, and comparisons to the Bread and Circuses of the Roman Empire.

And after the event, the only complaint is - the fireworks started about 45 minutes late?

Child, please.

that reasoning only works if you ever paid attention to the cranks predicting the Apocalypse. Almost nobody does. But the undisputed fact is that the fireworks show started 45min late for what, >100k people? That's real, and unprofessional at the least. A professional organizing this large event would include an on-time clause in the contract, and if the chosen performer refuses, find one that will.

Posted on: 2018/7/8 6:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
We were told that this was a parade of horribles waiting to happen. One critic even tried to link this to school funding AND Katyn by saying the city was spending its own money and moved it to the Waterfront to showcase Mack Cali! Then there was the talk about crime, the inability to host an event of this size, and comparisons to the Bread and Circuses of the Roman Empire.

And after the event, the only complaint is - the fireworks started about 45 minutes late?

Child, please.

Posted on: 2018/7/8 4:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/7/30 1:08
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Everything around here seems ass backwards, the headliner should have just performed after the fireworks. jc make it yours!

Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

Like I said earlier... why would anyone be surprised that a headlining rapper shows up late for a concert... whoever booked him is a real dope.

And if that comment by Fulop is accurate, it really demonstrates his inability to honestly assess a major screw up with a city sponsored event that had his name and face prominently displayed in the media campaign.

The main event was the fireworks not some egocentric rapper... or a mayor's statewide political asspirations.

I can't believe it, I agree with your post 100%! As for who brings kids to a loud concert, many apparently, but many also chose one of the plentiful shoreline spots NOT at the concert from which to view the fireworks. What we got was the tail wagging the Dogg, Snoop was an opening act for the fireworks, not the main event. Can you imagine a headliner waiting an hour for their opening act to finish?

Posted on: 2018/7/8 2:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Like I said earlier... why would anyone be surprised that a headlining rapper shows up late for a concert... whoever booked him is a real dope.

And if that comment by Fulop is accurate, it really demonstrates his inability to honestly assess a major screw up with a city sponsored event that had his name and face prominently displayed in the media campaign.

The main event was the fireworks not some egocentric rapper... or a mayor's statewide political asspirations.

I can't believe it, I agree with your post 100%! As for who brings kids to a loud concert, many apparently, but many also chose one of the plentiful shoreline spots NOT at the concert from which to view the fireworks. What we got was the tail wagging the Dogg, Snoop was an opening act for the fireworks, not the main event. Can you imagine a headliner waiting an hour for their opening act to finish?

Posted on: 2018/7/7 15:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Annod wrote:
Snoop Dogg?s Fourth of July performance enrages NJ parents

By Elana Fishman July 5, 2018 | 12:57pm

Snoop Dogg?s headlining performance at Wednesday?s Jersey City Fourth of July Experience went into D-O-double-overtime, infuriating parents whose small children just wanted to see the fireworks.

The 46-year-old rap legend was scheduled to take the stage at 8:30 p.m., according to Jersey City?s Office of Cultural Affairs, and wrap up by 9:20 p.m., with the fireworks display slated to begin immediately following his performance.

But Snoop?s set, which included hits like ?Gin and Juice? and ?The Next Episode,? started nearly an hour late. It also lasted longer than planned, due to an appearance by surprise guest Akon.

By the time the fireworks finally started at around 10:15 p.m., many impatient parents had already headed home with their kids ? but not before tweeting their disapproval at both the ?Drop It Like It?s Hot? rapper and Jersey City Mayor Steven Fulop.

?Epic fail tonight at @jerseycity waterfront,? one Twitter user wrote. ?@SnoopDogg started late & pushed back the fireworks show. Thousands of JC parents & kids await fireworks. School night. The ppl of JC are super annoyed & bummed and r bailing. @StevenFulop ur residents are not ur biggest fan right now.?

Another user tweeted, ?hey Mr. Mayor, half of our party and thousands of other little kids had to go home because the fireworks were so late due to Snoop Dogg??

Fulop later addressed the scheduling snafu on Twitter, writing: ?We do our best. That?s all we can do. I know after 5 years in this job that I can sadly never please everyone as sometimes issues surface. All in all I think people had a great time ? it was a long day with lots to juggle.?

A Jersey City spokeswoman confirmed to Page Six that Snoop Dogg?s performance was the reason for the delayed fireworks display.

Page Six has reached out to Snoop?s rep for comment.

https://pagesix.com/2018/07/05/snoop-d ... ce-pisses-off-nj-parents/

Posted on: 2018/7/7 15:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Haggis wrote:
Was this supposed to be a "concert" or a "performance?"
Notice that Kelly Clarkson and all the Macy's 4th of July entertainment is called a "performance."

Re: concert vs performance... isn't that a distinction without a difference?

Posted on: 2018/7/7 15:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

asny10011 wrote:
You can?t please everyone. It was only a difference of an hour or so. Why does everyone have to be hypercritical? Plus, what are parents thinking by bringing their kids to a concert blasting music so loud?

people brought their kids to the fireworks, not the concert, then waited an extra hour with increasingly tired and cranky kids.

not the worst thing that can happen at an event of this size, but still plenty annoying.

Posted on: 2018/7/7 15:19

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/16 13:54
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Was this supposed to be a "concert" or a "performance?"
Notice that Kelly Clarkson and all the Macy's 4th of July entertainment is called a "performance."

Posted on: 2018/7/7 14:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/23 21:08
Group:
Registered Users
You can?t please everyone. It was only a difference of an hour or so. Why does everyone have to be hypercritical? Plus, what are parents thinking by bringing their kids to a concert blasting music so loud?

Posted on: 2018/7/7 14:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
Snoop Dogg?s Fourth of July performance enrages NJ parents

By Elana Fishman July 5, 2018 | 12:57pm

Snoop Dogg?s headlining performance at Wednesday?s Jersey City Fourth of July Experience went into D-O-double-overtime, infuriating parents whose small children just wanted to see the fireworks.

The 46-year-old rap legend was scheduled to take the stage at 8:30 p.m., according to Jersey City?s Office of Cultural Affairs, and wrap up by 9:20 p.m., with the fireworks display slated to begin immediately following his performance.

But Snoop?s set, which included hits like ?Gin and Juice? and ?The Next Episode,? started nearly an hour late. It also lasted longer than planned, due to an appearance by surprise guest Akon.

By the time the fireworks finally started at around 10:15 p.m., many impatient parents had already headed home with their kids ? but not before tweeting their disapproval at both the ?Drop It Like It?s Hot? rapper and Jersey City Mayor Steven Fulop.

?Epic fail tonight at @jerseycity waterfront,? one Twitter user wrote. ?@SnoopDogg started late & pushed back the fireworks show. Thousands of JC parents & kids await fireworks. School night. The ppl of JC are super annoyed & bummed and r bailing. @StevenFulop ur residents are not ur biggest fan right now.?

Another user tweeted, ?hey Mr. Mayor, half of our party and thousands of other little kids had to go home because the fireworks were so late due to Snoop Dogg??

Fulop later addressed the scheduling snafu on Twitter, writing: ?We do our best. That?s all we can do. I know after 5 years in this job that I can sadly never please everyone as sometimes issues surface. All in all I think people had a great time ? it was a long day with lots to juggle.?

A Jersey City spokeswoman confirmed to Page Six that Snoop Dogg?s performance was the reason for the delayed fireworks display.

Page Six has reached out to Snoop?s rep for comment.

https://pagesix.com/2018/07/05/snoop-d ... ce-pisses-off-nj-parents/

Posted on: 2018/7/7 14:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

mpwJC wrote:
While an hour is on the later side, I'd be more surprised to attend a concert and have the act actually start at the scheduled/ticketed time. I generally assume that the band is going to come on at least 15-30 minutes after the scheduled start time. Heck, I've been at shows where the band starts close to the scheduled time (within 10 minutes) and people complained because they were still making their way through security so the venue wasn't full.

Anyway, you can't win. People will always find something to complain about.

If there's a major event afterwards that many thousands of people are waiting for who AREN'T EVEN AT THE CONCERT, then you start and end on time. I was in LSP by the 9/11 memorial, and fireworks viewing was perfect, when they finally got around to it. If I still had little kids with me I would have been furious.

Posted on: 2018/7/6 23:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/5/7 3:26
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Well, how was it?

Posted on: 2018/7/6 21:58

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/3 13:26
From DTJC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

DouglasReynholm wrote:
If you are getting paid to perform (though the Doggfather did donate his winnings), you need to be punctual. This is not amateur hour. I do not go to a show at MSG, the Rock or Barclays expecting the band to perform an hour after their scheduled time. The easiest part of any job is showing up on time. I would still call the day's event successful.
While an hour is on the later side, I'd be more surprised to attend a concert and have the act actually start at the scheduled/ticketed time. I generally assume that the band is going to come on at least 15-30 minutes after the scheduled start time. Heck, I've been at shows where the band starts close to the scheduled time (within 10 minutes) and people complained because they were still making their way through security so the venue wasn't full.

Anyway, you can't win. People will always find something to complain about.

Posted on: 2018/7/6 19:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/4 19:30
Group:
Registered Users
If you are getting paid to perform (though the Doggfather did donate his winnings), you need to be punctual. This is not amateur hour. I do not go to a show at MSG, the Rock or Barclays expecting the band to perform an hour after their scheduled time. The easiest part of any job is showing up on time. I would still call the day's event successful.

Posted on: 2018/7/6 17:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:
July 3rd: "This rapper guy is gonna get people shot! Oh, the humanity!"

July 5th: "He started late! Oh, the humanity!"

Gotta love JCL sometimes.

Why would anybody think a rap concert would start on time @ 8:30? I am sure the producers knew that... an hour late is being very accomodating to a rap audience on a hot night.

I saw Lavarro twitter live.. it wasn't a video of the longest soundcheck ever but it was pretty apparent he was late. Jersey City should be thankful he even showed up.

Because he got paid $100k that's way. And it was a national event with mass crowds where we cannot afford that type of lax security. How dare J.C. allow this to occur !

Posted on: 2018/7/5 21:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HeightsNative wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:

Why would anybody think a rap concert would start on time @ 8:30? I am sure the producers knew that... an hour late is being very accomodating to a rap audience on a hot night.

I saw Lavarro twitter live.. it wasn't a video of the longest soundcheck ever but it was pretty apparent he was late. Jersey City should be thankful he even showed up.

Because it's that difficult to comunicate with the crowd, and give updates?

LOL... I do hope your comment was intended to be as funny as it read.

Posted on: 2018/7/5 21:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dr_nick_riviera wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:
The fireworks started an hour late due to the ex-convict's concert ending an hour later than expected.

He actually didn't go on till 9:30 and did his full show. Why were you at that show anyway, weren't you one of the ones yammering about shootings? Could it be you knew your own words were absolute bs?

There for the fireworks, wasn't anywhere near that obnoxious show. But he still managed to h-jack my time though.

Posted on: 2018/7/5 21:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/1/3 19:14
From Chilltown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:

Because it's that difficult to comunicate with the crowd, and give updates?

Posted on: 2018/7/5 19:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:

Posted on: 2018/7/5 18:24

(1) 2 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017