Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
122 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 122

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Double stabbing Newport 4pm outside McDonald's/JCPD sub-station?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
2 injured in stabbing at Newport mall: cops

By Patrick Villanova
The Jersey Journal

Two women were taken to a local hospital last week after a reported stabbing at Newport Centre mall in Jersey City, authorities said.

Police responded to the mall at 4:20 p.m. Thursday and found two injured women, Jersey City spokeswoman Kimberly Wallace-Scalcione said.

One of the women, a 30-year-old, suffered an undisclosed injury to her right forearm. The other woman, a 29-year-old, suffered two puncture wounds to her left leg above her knee, Wallace-Scalcione said.

Both were taken to Jersey City Medical Center for treatment for their injuries, which were not considered life-threatening.

It's unclear what led to the violence, where in the mall it took place or what roles the two women played in the incident. The Jersey Journal requested information on the incident Thursday afternoon from the city, but did not get details on the episode until yesterday.

http://www.nj.com/jjournal-news/index ... in_stabbing_at_newpo.html

Posted on: 2018/5/9 13:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
I received a response from the Jersey Journal:

"Thank you for reading and for your concern on these matters. Members of our staff have requested information on all three incidents you reference (we've asked for the Wade Street shooting and the Newport Mall stabbing twice) but have yet to receive any response from the Jersey City Police Department. We will get the information eventually, but at this moment we're unfortunately at the mercy of the city for the official account of all three incidents."

Posted on: 2018/5/7 21:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Sadiq Khan is doing a bangup job implementing knife control throughout London... maybe we need to send over a JC Task Force to study why it works so well?

I would ask them to come here... but the guy in the WH might not be happy.

Posted on: 2018/5/7 21:09

Double stabbing Newport 4pm outside McDonald's/JCPD sub-station?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
I follow a violent crime map of JC that has been keeping track of shooting/stabbings. I noticed other than the recent homicide Downtown none of the violent crimes like stabbings and shootings have been reported yet.

For example: "May 3rd, around 4PM a double stabbing occured at the Mall near the McDonalds and the JCPD Sub-Station with two individuals suffering injuries. More information to come as it becomes available."

Nothing has yet to be reported and I would think that would be something worth reporting considering not long ago Newport had another stabbing with multiple injuries.

Also not reported is a stabbing on Summit and Wayne and another stabbing on Bergen. Also I will link for two shootings below around the same time frame that haven't been reported.

https://www.rlsmedia.com/article/gunfi ... s-jersey-city-one-injured

https://www.rlsmedia.com/article/shoot ... jures-woman-jersey-city-0

For the last article it appears it's possible a third victim wasn't mentioned that was grazed according to the crime map.

"THIS IS CONNECTED TO THE INCIDENT AT WADE AND OCEAN ON MAY 3RD On May 3rd, around 10:00PM JCPD recieve a call of three people shot at Wade and Ocean and respond in to find one female shot at Wade and Ocean, and also another male shot inside the corner store at Van Nostrand & Ocean Ave. A victim with a graze wound was also located and all 3 were taken to the hospital and are expected to survive. A crime scene was later located on Eastern Parkway off Ocean Ave."

I posted this more so because I know the Jersey Journal reads this JClist and I would like to see these crimes covered.

Her is the map of JC shootings/stabbings
https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/view ... tcIFJIxpOh1WyCs4BRtB6bMb5

Posted on: 2018/5/7 20:47

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017