Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
102 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 102

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Mayor Fulop declares April 15th “Burlesque Day”!!!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
Of course she doesn't, it's a pagan holiday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB3e5zsvmbQ

Posted on: 2018/4/2 20:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/8 3:24
Group:
Registered Users
Apparently Yvonne doesn't celebrate April Fools' Day.

Posted on: 2018/4/2 17:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
April Fool to everyone else.

Posted on: 2018/4/1 22:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

neverleft wrote:
Happy Passover and Easter!

...and April Fools Day?

Posted on: 2018/4/1 22:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/16 19:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcneighbor wrote:
Priceless! Best laugh all day. Including Yvonne's response...

+1!

Posted on: 2018/4/1 22:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/10 13:10
From Downtown JC, VVP Area
Group:
Registered Users
Priceless! Best laugh all day. Including Yvonne's response...

Posted on: 2018/4/1 20:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
For the record, there was no reporter at the last council meeting. I am referring to local people, there was national media there due to the passage of the first reading of marijuana district. So much for facts, neverleft. Property owners came to speak against Fulop's proposal to terminate the ban on tearing down homes. Burlesque did not come up.

Posted on: 2018/4/1 18:30

Mayor Fulop declares April 15th “Burlesque Day”!!!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
With the recent shutdown of the burlesque show that was planned for the FM bar on Newark Avenue Mayor Fulop announced Friday on Twitter that most of the City Council members voted YES to celebrating a ?Burlesque Day? in Jersey City on April 15th, 2018. It will coincide with the planned JC Earth Day activities. What could be more fitting for Mother Earth Day then to also have an ?Au Naturel? Day? Or as Lillian B would say a ?Let It All Hang Out? or ?Show ?Em What Your Momma Gave You? Day. (right on!)

The April 20, 2018 date was considered but because of the loosening of the weed laws in NJ it was feared that everyone might be higher than usual this year then on the past April 20th?s so it was decided to go with the April 15th date. The JCPD didn?t want to deal with stoned half naked people laying in the streets.(yes Rich it will be like the 60?s) Although Safety Director Shea did feel it might be good training exercise for what is to come.

The City Council meeting to consider and vote on the ?Burlesque Day? was a little more rowdy than usual. Even though they were both thrilled with the idea of a ?Burlesque Day? Michael Yun and Rich Boggiano stayed the course and voted NO. (the Noobie brothers do it again) Before the vote Michael Yun asked other Council members what a pastie was. When they replied that it was a piece of cloth with a tassel attached to it the businessman in him had a vision of a line of bow ties with tassels. Thinking if you can put them on loafers and pasties why not bow ties. (what a great Christmas card picture it would make)

Rich Boggiano ever pitching for the return of the JCPD Motorcycle Squad tried to somehow fit them into the ?Burlesque Day? decree noting the need for 10 of them for the safety of the participants. Other members saying they didn?t know of any incidents of someone getting injured from a swinging pastie tassel at least not on purpose. (I guess there are some who agree with John Cougar Mellencamp)

The rest of the City Council members being so new just went with the flow and rubberstamped?err..I mean voted YES for a ?Burlesque Day?. (oops don?t print that Terrence) The usual suspects showed up at the public speaker podium for their 5 minutes of fame. They must get such a kick out of seeing themselves on the Community Programming cable channel 186 ?I know we do. Yvonne Balceer really didn?t have a problem with a ?Burlesque Day? but who would have known. She kept going off track by talking about the evilness of tax abatements and how the budget has risen under Mayor Fulop. Council President Rolando Lavarro sick of telling her to stay on topic turned to Councilman/Minister Danny Rivera and asked him to say a pray that will speed her up. Hmmm how could she fit ?Burlesque Day?, tax abatement and higher budget into a Jersey Journal Letter to the Editor she thought to herself. ( and also a post for those JCList haters)

Mike Kulawski (no relation to that guy from of Monsters, Inc) was up next. He also didn?t have a problem with the day itself but wanted to know how much the JC taxpayers would be paying for it and if it was indeed Mayor Fulop and his Innovation Team?s idea and not some sneaky developer?s. Reading from his many handwritten notes and charts while speaking directly to City Corporation Council Farrell in an attempt to challenge Farrell?s legal knowledge he asked if it was legal hold a ?Burlesque Day?. (as usual Farrell wouldn?t fall for it but was again annoyed at how many times he had to turn his hand held mic on and off to answer Kulawski)

The H-1B visa guy also showed up to speak. He wanted to know if JC?s 12,861 H-1B tech visa holders could have an ?H-1B Visa Day? since they don?t seem to have any rights in JC and no one on the City Council is helping them. (Hmm if so will there also be a ?Older Experienced IT Worker Day? for the 12,861 older experienced IT workers who got laid off?)

A blast from the past even showed up to give her approval for ?Burlesque Day?. It was none other than JC?s Burlesque Queen Leona B the former Deputy Mayor. She said sure why not? She even mentioned something about allowing dollar bills to be throw at the participants with the most creative pasties of the day. (Yun smiled) She said there is nothing like the feeling of having money throw at you. (hmm not thinking about her days as a dancer but as her days as the ex Mayor?s Campaign Treasurer having Dwek allegedly rain cash down on her)

As the Council meeting was winding down and a vote to adjourn was being called a commotion could be heard coming from the hallway. City Clerk Byrne stopped the call and looked towards the back of the chambers. An odd noise was coming from the area that housed Mayor Hague?s desk. (gee was City Hall really haunted by Mayor Hague looking for the contents of his two safes?) ) Someone was yelling ?wait wait let us please speak?. Byrne having to deal with the many JC ?Do-Gooder?s? (aka screwballs) at the public speaker podium over his 30 years of service obliged. ?Come forward and speak? he said. The other members didn?t mind that the meeting might be extended for a while they were used to it from Yun questioning every little detail at the Caucus and Council meetings extending their time by hours. The other Council members call Yun the Perry Mason of the City Council because of the way he interrogates those who come to the Caucus meetings with presentations. (a Yun classic directed at the traffic engineering department head??why would you spend $50K for a traffic study by a noted traffic consulting firm? Just buy 10 blinking STOP signs and put them at accident prone intersections?problem solved?.)

The two new speakers were none other than Frank Costanza and Cosmo Kramer. A nice surprise for all. No Seinfeld reruns tonight we can watch them live the members thought. Costanza made it directly to the podium but Kramer was fiddling around with something at the back entrance. He clumsily walked into the chambers pulling a cart with a life sized naked Trump statue on it while juggling an aluminum poll with a sign taped to it that had a 1-800- number on it. (hope there are no ?Feats of Strength? over Kramer using The Costanza?s Festivus Pole? that Frank is strong) Seems they picked the statue up at the Mana Contemporary auction last week. At the podium they asked if venders would be allowed to sell their wares on ?Burlesque Day?. They were still pushing the idea of ?The Bro? (aka ?The Manssiere?) and thought that day would be a perfect time to sell them seeing so how many bra companies turned them down and knowing how out of shape the male population of JC is. Consumption of a few too many fancy craft beers can do that to a dude. (or a few to many Bud?s for a non-interloper)

There was no objection to having venders but Joyce Watermann did question the need for the naked Trump statue as a prop. Any form of Trump on hallowed Dem ground was a no no in her book. The duo said it was for a demo of ?The Bro?. Council members all agreed that there was no need for that but all did wish to see Trump wearing ?The Bro?. Talk about selfie gold better yet talk about breaking the internet. (Kim Kardashian's butt got nothing on a picture of Trump wearing ?The Manssiere?)

The meeting finally ended and thankfully City Clerk Byrne ignored Councilman Yun?s plea for just one last question. Byrne jokingly called for a vote as to whether Yun could ask the question and for the first time in 4 years it was a unanimous NO vote. As the Council members left the chambers walking past the naked Trump prop some could be heard saying talk about Naked and Afraid he?s naked and we are afraid. A few did stop for selfies with the Trump doll for future anti-Trump campaign flyers. Laughing amongst themselves saying Trump has as much chance of getting reelected as someone in NJ hitting tonight?s $521 mega million lottery or the Roseanne reboot getting high ratings.

One week later during the Community Programming cable channel 186 rebroadcast of the meeting?.

At Terrence?s house??Dang that neverleft he scoped me again. He is even worst than that free-lance JJ photographer Joe Shine who seems to never sleep. Hmm how does Joe wind up at all of those JC incidents before anyone else? I gotta get whatever drug their taking.?

At Tommy D?s house?.?Honey can you get me a pencil and a piece of paper?. Thinking to himself a little nip and tuck here and there might make him look a little younger for the upcoming election?he?ll show those young punks Fulop and Stack. ?Hudson County Executive O?Dea over my Bro clad body!!!?

At neverleft?s house? Like the sole earth survivor bookworm who broke his reading glasses while sitting on the steps of a library full of books in the Twilight Zone episode he has been dreaming of wearing a nice fitting T-shirt for the last 20..ok..30 years. (beer really does do that to a dude) Maybe with ?The Bro? he will finally be able to sport his collection of JC T-shirts. His Jersey City Recreation, Elect Mayor Whelan, Soap Creek Saloon, Narrowbacks, or his many Roosevelt Stadium concert T-shirt?s before the moths have their way with them. (writing down the 1-800 number ?YES he thought to himself as in YES the adverb not YES the band from his Roosevelt Stadium T-shirt collection)

AT Augie-T?s office?. ?this little stunt may just push Mayor Fulop up to the numero uno spot on my Political Insider's Power List of 2018. Hmm or maybe it should be Dancing Tony.?

At Mayor Fulop?s house?.?hey Jaclyn why did you buy 6 pasties for ?Burlesque Day?? Did I miss something? Oh no not Chloe you are not putting them on her. Don?t forget you volunteered to hold a fundraiser for the Liberty Humane Society at Corgi Spirits Distillery on April 11th. (btw?a few tickets are still available) I don?t think they would appreciate a picture of a therapy dog with pasties hitting the internet however cute that may be.?

At Earl M?s JJ office?.?now where?s my typewriter how can I fit a mention of the Croson Study and Tale of Two Cities in my next Jersey Journal Earl?s Corner piece. [typing] Will the JC Office of Diversity insure that the city orders their supply of pasties and other stuff from a JC minority owned business? After all the Croson Study from the previous administration says JC contracts with minority owned businesses are lacking. Ahh I got it [typing] I guess come ?Burlesque Day? we will all be seeing ?A Tail Or Two in the City? perfect.?

At the JC Ex-Mayor house?..? I celebrated ?Burlesque Day? on my front porch in 2004 and I unfortunately have the picture to prove it. Gee I wonder why no one threw dollars at me.?

Somewhere on a Greek Island in the Aegean Sea ?. The Healy Clone taking a sabbatical after his election loss thinks to himself?.?But I thought they liked me, I thought they really liked me.?

Happy Passover and Easter!

Posted on: 2018/4/1 17:38

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017