Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
106 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 106

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: VIP Diner Jersey City Being Flipped?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/27 19:59
From journal square
Group:
Registered Users
the diner could be better, but id rather it be a diner than another pharmacy. theres literally 3 pharmaciess within a quarter mile of that site.

the area def needs better eateries in general so losing any, even if not the best, is a loss.

my thoughts though are that as JSQ grows, this site will get gobbled up. its close to the PATH and a relatively large lot. but hopefully they utilize the full site and dont waste it with a giant parking lot.

Posted on: 2018/2/1 17:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/7/30 1:08
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
the last few times that I have been there, they had new menus and I think I saw a placard that they are now affiliated with the Manalapan and Milburn Diners. Always have liked it. Large, never too crowded, conveniently located by buses and PATH, and plenty of parking, and free sugar cookies by the register.

Posted on: 2018/1/31 21:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

rylee302 wrote:
Somebody told me last year the VIP Diner was sold to a group out of Manhattan. Now I am being told its for sale again. Does anybody know what the deal is here? It seems odd we hear about every large property in Journal Square but this one. Wasn't surprising it was sold but was kinda shocked it is being flipped. Anybody know?

(I think there is a thread on JCList about the VIP/Walgreens deal. If you didn?t know the story back in 2010 they wanted to build a one story Walgreens. The city said it had to be 4 stories. Don?t know what happened after it was denied.)

Walgreens applies to tear down iconic VIP Diner in Jersey City
Amy Sara Clark/The Jersey Journal By Amy Sara Clark/The Jersey Journal
on July 10, 2010 at 11:49 AM, updated July 10, 2010 at 5:14 PM

Walgreens has applied to put a drug store at the site of Journal Square's VIP diner.
The national pharmacy chain filed an application with the Jersey City Planning Board in May to tear down Journal Square's only 24-hour diner. But because they're asking for six variances - including putting in a new one-story building with 22 parking spaces instead of a four-story structure that covers the entire lot - it's unclear whether the project will be approved. The board may vote on it as soon as Aug. 17.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... applies_to_replace_j.html

Posted on: 2018/1/29 19:53

VIP Diner Jersey City Being Flipped?

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/26 15:03
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Somebody told me last year the VIP Diner was sold to a group out of Manhattan. Now I am being told its for sale again. Does anybody know what the deal is here? It seems odd we hear about every large property in Journal Square but this one. Wasn't surprising it was sold but was kinda shocked it is being flipped. Anybody know?

Posted on: 2018/1/29 19:20

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017