Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
108 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 108

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: "a guide to jersey city coffee shops"
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/6/19 14:23
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
This is the same person that owes Hazel Baby?

Posted on: 2017/9/20 14:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Is there some sort of universal rule that specifies WiFi must be provided at any and all coffee shops?

Wasn't there an article a little back about some coffee shops deliberately getting rid of wifi to create a nicer atmosphere and more seats for actual beverage buyers instead of office workers paying no rent?

As for the entitled, OMG. Today's was a dude parked in my driveway. I come out, open both side of the gate and bring in my recycling cans. He asks, "are you coming out?" I say "yes", to which he gets huffy and says "you don't have to be nasty about it!" Sorry, when you're parked in someone's driveway you don't get to be thin skinned and defensive, you just get the fuck out when it looks like it's being used. It's like salmoning, particularly in the bike lane. When there's someone coming the right way, you just get out of their way, because you're WRONG!

Several Starbucks in NYC started to get rid of outlets for that very soon (people camping out all day sucking electricity and not consuming) and I have heard of some independent coffee shops also enforcing rules such as time limits. Free WiFi is awesome when you want it or need it, but we are not entitled to that.

Posted on: 2017/9/16 13:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Is there some sort of universal rule that specifies WiFi must be provided at any and all coffee shops?

Wasn't there an article a little back about some coffee shops deliberately getting rid of wifi to create a nicer atmosphere and more seats for actual beverage buyers instead of office workers paying no rent?

As for the entitled, OMG. Today's was a dude parked in my driveway. I come out, open both side of the gate and bring in my recycling cans. He asks, "are you coming out?" I say "yes", to which he gets huffy and says "you don't have to be nasty about it!" Sorry, when you're parked in someone's driveway you don't get to be thin skinned and defensive, you just get the fuck out when it looks like it's being used. It's like salmoning, particularly in the bike lane. When there's someone coming the right way, you just get out of their way, because you're WRONG!

Posted on: 2017/9/15 22:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

animalrelated wrote:
1. If I see you trying to push a double wide stroller into a tiny coffee shop I will call you out. Especially when your kid is clearly old enough to walk.
2. Do you understand the environmental damage getting a to go cup of coffee everyday with a straw does?? What the hell are you doing that is so important that you can't sit down and drink it in a real cup. An espresso in a to go cup with a lid??? It's like two sips!!

The double wide stroller fad is SUPER annoying. Just a couple of weeks ago, two clueless mommies, each pushing double wide strollers, were walking next to each other and taking up the entire width of the path in the Hoboken area over by the soccer fields, and they were huffing and puffing about runners and walkers asking them to please squeeze it in to make room for others. The entitled attitude of some people is beyond ridiculous.

Dollars to donuts they either came from, or were going south and were using the bike path to push the strollers!

Posted on: 2017/9/15 18:22

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/1/12 4:16
Group:
Registered Users
Looks like comments on their blog posts have to be approved by a moderator now. It must be tough living in a bubble.

Posted on: 2017/9/15 16:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/15 11:50
From Village/HP
Group:
Registered Users
I love coffee and my kids, but her post makes me want to drink tea and remove my ovaries.

Posted on: 2017/9/14 20:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

animalrelated wrote:
1. If I see you trying to push a double wide stroller into a tiny coffee shop I will call you out. Especially when your kid is clearly old enough to walk.
2. Do you understand the environmental damage getting a to go cup of coffee everyday with a straw does?? What the hell are you doing that is so important that you can't sit down and drink it in a real cup. An espresso in a to go cup with a lid??? It's like two sips!!

The double wide stroller fad is SUPER annoying. Just a couple of weeks ago, two clueless mommies, each pushing double wide strollers, were walking next to each other and taking up the entire width of the path in the Hoboken area over by the soccer fields, and they were huffing and puffing about runners and walkers asking them to please squeeze it in to make room for others. The entitled attitude of some people is beyond ridiculous.

Posted on: 2017/9/14 18:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Another clueless and annoying millennial yuppie that confuses personal experience with universal truth.

That whole bit about paper cash and coins being choking hazards to kids is beyond ridiculous. And, complaining about no WiFi at 9Bar is also stupid. Is there some sort of universal rule that specifies WiFi must be provided at any and all coffee shops?

Posted on: 2017/9/14 18:40

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/6/19 14:23
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/9/14 18:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fraulein wrote:
Dames and ModCup are missing. Fail.

She did list Dames, but didn't mention that Grind had Donut Plant donuts on the weekends. And she's complaining about needing cash at Dames because babies rip cash and choke on coins? We had generations of kids who survived without parents using plastic-just sayin.

Posted on: 2017/9/14 17:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
Is there really a need for another fucking mommy blogger?

Posted on: 2017/9/14 16:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/11 14:10
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

wink wrote:
I am tired of people that recently move into the newly gentrified downtown JC and then make "Jersey City guides" that only include places that are downtown.

But Chickpea went to Greenville once.....

#OG

Posted on: 2017/9/14 14:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/15 11:50
From Village/HP
Group:
Registered Users
Dames and ModCup are missing. Fail.

Posted on: 2017/9/14 14:21

"a guide to jersey city coffee shops"

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/1/12 4:16
Group:
Registered Users
I am tired of people that recently move into the newly gentrified downtown JC and then make "Jersey City guides" that only include places that are downtown.

Example: https://www.hazelbaby.com/blogs/blog/mama-needs-coffee/

Last I checked there are a few more neighborhoods in JC other than the ones near the train stations at Grove Street and Exchange Place.

Posted on: 2017/9/14 14:01

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017