Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
123 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 123

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Shooting on Newark Av
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/1 14:07
From Earth
Group:
Registered Users
Characterizations and name calling are reaching new highs in this thread.
Moderator--would you please insist on civility in discourse amongst the posters?

Posted on: 2017/8/16 14:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... er_shooting_reported.html

Resized Image

Resized Image

The car had a flat tire and numerous dents. Two bullet holes in the windshield were also visible.

Meanwhile, nearby on Tonnelle Avenue, two cars were stopped on the road, which was also littered with debris, possibly from a crash or from a bullet striking a vehicle. Police found bullet casings and placed about a dozen evidence markers on the street near the two cars. One evidence marker was placed on a vehicle.

Amit Patel, who was working in a nearby laundromat, said he heard three or four shots fired outside his business.

Man is shot on Broadway in Jersey City, police say

August 14, 2017 at 8:35 AM

A man was shot in Jersey City early Friday, but he was uncooperative with police investigating the shooting.

By Ron Zeitlinger
The Jersey Journal

A 24-year-old man was shot early Friday on Broadway in Jersey City, a city spokeswoman said.

The man's injuries were not considered life-threatening, city spokeswoman Jennifer Morrill said, who noted that the shooting occurred just before 5 a.m.

The victim, who Morrill said was uncooperative with police, was treated at the RJWBarnabas' Jersey City Medical Center.

Posted on: 2017/8/14 15:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
There are double standards on this site. If I were to comment on someone's size, I would be blocked and my comment would be removed. You attack the issue and not the person. Double standards are acceptable here if I am being attacked. Absolutely, I think when someone plays that game, they are Godless and that person lacks a moral center.

Posted on: 2017/8/14 14:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/8 3:24
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

dr_nick_riviera wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Neither were you the one stuck in traffic for over a hour with alternative roads block off. Our roads are not like NYC, they are basically narrow. The problem is- nicky, you are nothing but a snowflake and cannot handle the truth. No citizen should be stuck in traffic without alternative roads available.

It is astounding how selfish you are.

Also, read a book. Your grammar is terrible.

Look, terrible things happen, but if a road was blocked in NYC there would have been alternative roads. That is not the case in JC. So yes, I did bring up the city's plans to narrow the lanes for bikes because it will only bring more congestion to this city. Even the turnpike and parkway allow for movement of traffic when there is an incident. The truth as they say will bring freedom. Do not be afraid of the truth.

Well I guess we know in advance that the fat slob Yvonne will probably fight against the Grand St. redesign with her lies. I wonder if she's ordered the VVPA to officially oppose it yet.

And the world knows your parents were a failure at raising a young man with no manners. Thank God, we are not related, I would be embarrassed by your Godless behavior.

It takes some nerve to call someone Godless when not more than a handful of posts up you were CERTAINLY not loving your neighbor.

Posted on: 2017/8/14 14:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/27 14:41
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

And the world knows your parents were a failure at raising a young man with no manners. Thank God, we are not related, I would be embarrassed by your Godless behavior.

We are all related, going back to the first children, Adam and Eve. Read a book.

Posted on: 2017/8/13 21:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dr_nick_riviera wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Neither were you the one stuck in traffic for over a hour with alternative roads block off. Our roads are not like NYC, they are basically narrow. The problem is- nicky, you are nothing but a snowflake and cannot handle the truth. No citizen should be stuck in traffic without alternative roads available.

Look, terrible things happen, but if a road was blocked in NYC there would have been alternative roads. That is not the case in JC. So yes, I did bring up the city's plans to narrow the lanes for bikes because it will only bring more congestion to this city. Even the turnpike and parkway allow for movement of traffic when there is an incident. The truth as they say will bring freedom. Do not be afraid of the truth.

Well I guess we know in advance that the fat slob Yvonne will probably fight against the Grand St. redesign with her lies. I wonder if she's ordered the VVPA to officially oppose it yet.

Posted on: 2017/8/13 20:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/3 18:37
From DTJC
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 2017/8/13 19:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 2017/8/13 12:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 2017/8/13 1:39

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/12/18 3:14
From Hamiliton Park
Group:
Registered Users
I was always taught that being a good Christian was caring about other people. Somebody was shot! Can't we just take a moment and stop worrying about our minor inconveniences like groceries? Thank God you were not the one shot and you have been blessed enough to afford a car and food. Let's all spend some time thinking about the victims who are probably in immense pain.

Posted on: 2017/8/13 0:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/8/12 15:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From DTJC
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

dr_nick_riviera wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
How can you be complaining about traffic at a time like this?

By the way JCman24, traffic came to a standstill for a hour. So yes, I can complain. There are no alternative roads with all of the construction of 139 if you close off Tonnelle to Kennedy. It really illustrates the point that reducing lanes in JC for bikes will be nothing but standstill traffic in the future.

Of course the fat slob Yvonne uses a shooting to push her anti-bike lane agenda. Just as despicable as the so-called tactics she claims the left uses (which she also does).

The son of Satan as usual makes remarks that I personally feel sorry for, after all he was raised by parents who did not care about his soul, wolves would have done a better job. By the way, do you attack the blind also? With your character or lack of it you probably attack laugh at burn victims. too as being ugly.

I'm not the one exploiting shooting victims to push my pro-parking, anti-bike lane agenda.

Posted on: 2017/8/12 13:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dr_nick_riviera wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:

By the way JCman24, traffic came to a standstill for a hour. So yes, I can complain. There are no alternative roads with all of the construction of 139 if you close off Tonnelle to Kennedy. It really illustrates the point that reducing lanes in JC for bikes will be nothing but standstill traffic in the future.

Of course the fat slob Yvonne uses a shooting to push her anti-bike lane agenda. Just as despicable as the so-called tactics she claims the left uses (which she also does).

The son of Satan as usual makes remarks that I personally feel sorry for, after all he was raised by parents who did not care about his soul, wolves would have done a better job. By the way, do you attack the blind also? With your character or lack of it you probably attack laugh at burn victims. too as being ugly.

Posted on: 2017/8/12 13:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From DTJC
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:

Posted on: 2017/8/12 12:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:

I was making a joke, but damn if you didn't ruin it

Sitting in a car with groceries is not funny for over a hour.

Posted on: 2017/8/12 12:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:
This shooting happened on Newark and Broadway but their was another shooting earlier this morning with another victim shot also on Broadway 9 hours earlier. So it was most likely connected to the first shooting.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... rsey_city_police_say.html

Let's leave the detective work to the police, shall we.

If you need a detective to explain to you two shootings hours apart and blocks apart on the same street, a street that shootings aren't common are related you completely lack common sense.

I will wait until the facts come out, like a sane person would. Thank you for your time.

Posted on: 2017/8/12 4:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:

I was making a joke, but damn if you didn't ruin it

Posted on: 2017/8/12 4:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:
This shooting happened on Newark and Broadway but their was another shooting earlier this morning with another victim shot also on Broadway 9 hours earlier. So it was most likely connected to the first shooting.

If you need a detective to explain to you two shootings hours apart and blocks apart on the same street, a street that shootings aren't common are related you completely lack common sense.

Posted on: 2017/8/12 2:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:

Posted on: 2017/8/12 1:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:

Posted on: 2017/8/12 0:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/8/11 23:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Wow -- Little India -- Kennedy to Tonnelle -- that is the slowest block in all of JC. Those cars look like they were shot at close range.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... er_shooting_reported.html

Resized Image

Resized Image

The car had a flat tire and numerous dents. Two bullet holes in the windshield were also visible.

Meanwhile, nearby on Tonnelle Avenue, two cars were stopped on the road, which was also littered with debris, possibly from a crash or from a bullet striking a vehicle. Police found bullet casings and placed about a dozen evidence markers on the street near the two cars. One evidence marker was placed on a vehicle.

Amit Patel, who was working in a nearby laundromat, said he heard three or four shots fired outside his business.

Posted on: 2017/8/11 21:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
By Michaelangelo Conte
The Jersey Journal

JERSEY CITY -- Two people were taken away by ambulance after a shooting was reported around 2 p.m. today in the city's Journal Square neighborhood.

The victims of the shooting flagged down police at Newark Avenue and Kennedy Boulevard, according to police radio transmissions. A witness working at a nearby meat market in the Little India section of Newark Avenue said the two men "were sitting in the car screaming and crying in pain."

"They took two people out of the car and put them on stretchers and they were bleeding, but not a lot," said the meat market employee who identified himself only as Steve. "They could hardly walk."

More

Posted on: 2017/8/11 20:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
No it is not a rumor, the cops were out, yellow tape was all over the place and the sirens were blasting.

Posted on: 2017/8/11 20:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I heard that it was just a rumour - anyone know real details? When and where exactly did this happen?

Posted on: 2017/8/11 20:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/8/11 20:10

Shooting on Newark Av
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
There was shooting on Newark Avenue near Journal Square. Nothing at this point is in the online paper. Traffic was block for a long time by the cops.

Posted on: 2017/8/11 19:39

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017