Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
140 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 140

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: BGT Enterprises bringing "peace & prosperity" by closing a business
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/27 14:41
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Tino wrote:
I walked past LL every night and rarely had any issues - especially since they did their large renovation a year or so ago - it was usually pretty quiet. I never actually went in there, but sad to see someone who invested in their business lose out and then be publicly shamed like that. Peace and prosperity followed by a year of construction noise to come? Come on BGT.

Now Indio's on the other hand... that place needs to clean the f up.

LOL... right, who could have possibly foreseen gentrification coming to that location!

Posted on: 2017/4/10 23:44

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/10 23:12
From Henderson Yards
Group:
Registered Users
I walked past LL every night and rarely had any issues - especially since they did their large renovation a year or so ago - it was usually pretty quiet. I never actually went in there, but sad to see someone who invested in their business lose out and then be publicly shamed like that. Peace and prosperity followed by a year of construction noise to come? Come on BGT.

Now Indio's on the other hand... that place needs to clean the f up.

Posted on: 2017/4/10 23:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/5/11 10:27
Group:
Registered Users
12-Unit Building Planned For Latin Lounge Site In Jersey City

https://jerseydigs.com/jersey-city-dev ... et-latin-lounge-proposal/

Posted on: 2017/4/10 20:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

eblanco wrote:
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:

That's bullshit. Just because a bar was there first doesn't give its owners and patrons free range to violate noise ordinances, ignore parking laws, fight and scream in the streets, leave broken glass all over the block, and so on. Anybody who has lived on that street can you tell you what a nightmare it was. Anybody claiming racism is doing so because they don't have any valid arguments. I'm happy for my old block.

I lived on the block for five years and outside of cop cars on a handful of occasions, it wasn't particularly worse than any other bar. Lucky 7's , two blocks away, is just as loud and has more people standing outside of it and it doesn't get the flack that Latin Lounge got.

It should, I feel bad for the people on that corner too.

Posted on: 2017/4/10 18:55

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/11/11 21:03
From 2nd St.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:

That's bullshit. Just because a bar was there first doesn't give its owners and patrons free range to violate noise ordinances, ignore parking laws, fight and scream in the streets, leave broken glass all over the block, and so on. Anybody who has lived on that street can you tell you what a nightmare it was. Anybody claiming racism is doing so because they don't have any valid arguments. I'm happy for my old block.

I lived on the block for five years and outside of cop cars on a handful of occasions, it wasn't particularly worse than any other bar. Lucky 7's , two blocks away, is just as loud and has more people standing outside of it and it doesn't get the flack that Latin Lounge got.

Posted on: 2017/4/10 17:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:

As for the ongoing drama about the banner, well... it is well known in JC circles that lots of people had it in for Latin Lounge. People who *choose* to move next to a bar (or other commercial establishment) and then complain about the noise of said place get zero sympathy from me. The ones that take it a step further and actively seek to close the place are the worst, on my book.

Posted on: 2017/4/10 17:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

VillageIdiot wrote:
this was the subject of a very lively discussion on BGT's facebook page (some of the most condemnatory posts seem to have been removed), but am surprised it hasn't hit jclist yet

as I was walking my dog last week on 2nd street, I saw a large professionally printed banner on the Latin Lounge building, took a picture of it but don't know how to upload it here. this is what it said:

"Peace and Prosperity Returns to the Village,
Latin Lounge closed!
Brought to you by BGT Enterprises"

clearly someone at BGT gave enough thought about this to spend money to have it printed up and hung, but not enough thought about how it was going to be look to a lot of people. Racist? Smug? Weird?

I only went into Latin Lounge a few times, and found it to be a fun, normal bar. Though I can understand not wanting to live next to any kind of bar, there were no celebratory banners posted when the Lamp Post across the street from Latin Lounge closed down. I was really shocked to see it.

BGT apologized after getting hammered on facebook and took the banner down.

Not sure what is going to replace the Latin Lounge, but probably a large apartment building, since that's what's becoming the norm in the Village.

Dude, next time some links and/or context would help. Not everybody is going to know what you are referring to, or understand what it being said/claimed.

Here is the FB page for BGT Enterprises:
https://www.facebook.com/bgtenterprises/

As for the ongoing drama about the banner, well... it is well known in JC circles that lots of people had it in for Latin Lounge. People who *choose* to move next to a bar (or other commercial establishment) and then complain about the noise of said place get zero sympathy from me. The ones that take it a step further and actively seek to close the place are the worst, on my book.

Posted on: 2017/4/10 16:22

BGT Enterprises bringing "peace & prosperity" by closing a business

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/10/22 19:17
From The Village
Group:
Registered Users
this was the subject of a very lively discussion on BGT's facebook page (some of the most condemnatory posts seem to have been removed), but am surprised it hasn't hit jclist yet

as I was walking my dog last week on 2nd street, I saw a large professionally printed banner on the Latin Lounge building, took a picture of it but don't know how to upload it here. this is what it said:

"Peace and Prosperity Returns to the Village,
Latin Lounge closed!
Brought to you by BGT Enterprises"

clearly someone at BGT gave enough thought about this to spend money to have it printed up and hung, but not enough thought about how it was going to be look to a lot of people. Racist? Smug? Weird?

I only went into Latin Lounge a few times, and found it to be a fun, normal bar. Though I can understand not wanting to live next to any kind of bar, there were no celebratory banners posted when the Lamp Post across the street from Latin Lounge closed down. I was really shocked to see it.

BGT apologized after getting hammered on facebook and took the banner down.

Not sure what is going to replace the Latin Lounge, but probably a large apartment building, since that's what's becoming the norm in the Village.

Posted on: 2017/4/10 14:06

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017