Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
158 user(s) are online (134 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 158

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

PERFORMANCE NIGHT + OPEN MIC
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/5/24 12:59
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Art House Open Mic Performance Series
featuring SEAN VAN KLEEFF

THURSDAY, JANUARY 5, 2017
8-10PM * $5

Poets * Musicians * Performance Artists
Coming together in Jersey City

5-minute open mike for poets, actors, comics and musicians
NOTE: There are 18 first come, first serve performances spaces available!

Hosted by Lillian Bustle

ABOUT SEAN VAN KLEEFF
Sean Van Kleeff is a poet... kinda. Ya, let's call him a poet sure. But don't put him next to Whitman or Dickinson or Poe or Frost in your local Barnes and Nobles. The turn in their graves would be a shock enough to kickstart the zombie apocalypse. Plus Sean Van Kleeff does not have a book. I think by now you know I, Sean Van Kleeff, am writing this and writing in the third just will not do. This is a biography, so I'm going to tell it exactly like it happened...

I was born in a cornfield outside a little town in Alabama on the hottest of summer afternoons. My birth was marked by a comet that was discovered by a home astronomer trying to see their neighbor make "Whoopi." The pastor who delivered me was a practicing Protestant, but I didn't say this was a perfect story. In fact, let's fast forward past childhood and get to the part about the word stuff. That's what you wanna know. Questions raised in your mind from very valid points of view. What's this guy about? Is he gonna suck? Is he tanking this biography? To answer your second question, no. To answer your third question, no. To answer your first question.... Its stuff that may or may not involve glass bottom boats, tuna fish, math jokes, stories about how my kids face looks when he poops and how that relates to 16th century French artists specific to Northwest Paris, smacks (the cereal), gingerbread houses, ways to piss off Nascar fans, homeschooling your gerbils, beetle fistfights, other useful things you can do with a crucifix, and of course, Christmas trees and the folks who love them. In the future, I will invent a way to make laser nunchucks. Chase your dream is my message. Come laugh and drink whiskey.

(Drops mic, but not in a cool way. Mic's are expensive)

Art House Productions
136 Magnolia Ave
Jersey City, NJ 07306

Limited FREE PARKING available
Located directly behind the Journal Square PATH Station

Posted on: 2016/12/16 21:18
Resized Image
Art House Productions
262 17th Street, Jersey City NJ
(In the building with the David Bowie mural)
info@arthouseproductions.org, (201) 915.9911
www.arthouseprod

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017