Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
101 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 101

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Sunday Shooting - Near PS #8 in the Heights
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/17 15:41
Group:
Registered Users
I know that the 2 suspects that were arrested aren't from JC. I try to refrain from commenting on such subjects due to the "issues" some have on this sight in regards to the Heights in general.

I can tell you that the Heights has never been better than it is now. Businesses are finally opening up to meet the needs of the people who are moving here.

I live north of you so I can't speak directly as to what the situation is in that area. What I can tell you is that condos are selling for over $300 per square ft so it will only be a matter of time before the neighborhood is free of that type of element.

Posted on: 2016/10/4 19:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/17 13:40
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Wow. This is literally across the street from my building. I was away, and none of my neighbors have any news.

I know there are not a lot of Heights residents on JCList - thus the dearth of comments - but would be curious what others from the neighborhood who are on this board think. Is this a sign of changes for the worse? People in my building who have lived here longer remember the fight to get the drug dealers off New York Avenue, and when no-one would walk up Mountain Road to Franklin Street/Ogden Avenue late at night. I would have said the area felt as reasonably safe as it always has (there is still that sketchy stretch of Griffith Street between Palisade and Central, and Franklin Street is a dump). Is this an outlier, or is something going on?

Posted on: 2016/10/4 18:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
4AM on a Sunday, c'mon, they were on their way to choir practice.

Posted on: 2016/10/2 21:04

Sunday Shooting - Near PS #8 in the Heights
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
By Caitlin Mota | The Jersey Journal
on October 02, 2016 at 3:42 PM, updated October 02, 2016 at 3:51 PM

JERSEY CITY -- Authorities are searching for multiple suspects who fled the scene of an early morning shooting in the Heights, nearly striking a police officer with their car, a city spokeswoman said.

The shooting was reported just before 4 a.m. Sunday near School 8 on Franklin Street near Sherman Avenue. No one was injured and two shell casings were recovered, spokeswoman Jennifer Morrill said.

More

Posted on: 2016/10/2 20:10

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017