Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
123 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 123

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City plumbing inspection?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Wishful_Thinking wrote:
Thanks, all! I went back to my contractor sounding knowledgeable - finally speaking to someone who told me the JC inspector was scheduled to come in the afternoon, but instead came in the morning but indeed came back the day of the work (I must have been in the other room) but acknowledged the permit was still open. It's a little up in the air what has to happen next - contractor complained how hard it is to get an inspection in JC, but feels when they do they'll only have to take off the finish caps and not open up the whole wall.

Great to hear it will work out!

Posted on: 2016/8/1 0:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/17 13:40
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks, all! I went back to my contractor sounding knowledgeable - finally speaking to someone who told me the JC inspector was scheduled to come in the afternoon, but instead came in the morning but indeed came back the day of the work (I must have been in the other room) but acknowledged the permit was still open. It's a little up in the air what has to happen next - contractor complained how hard it is to get an inspection in JC, but feels when they do they'll only have to take off the finish caps and not open up the whole wall.

Posted on: 2016/7/29 17:22

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/5 1:44
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
You also violated 5:23-2.18 by allowing work to proceed without a scheduled inspection.

Posted on: 2016/7/27 2:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Dinger wrote:
You have several responses from contractors. Your start point is a call to the dep't to explain what transpired, and your next stop will likely involve uncovering the finish work so the rough can be inspected. If I understand your situation correctly, your contractor never should have moved forward past the rough without a pass from the City.

Agreed. You'll likely have to leave your number since the inspectors are out in the field. Good luck.

Posted on: 2016/7/26 14:55

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
You have several responses from contractors. Your start point is a call to the dep't to explain what transpired, and your next stop will likely involve uncovering the finish work so the rough can be inspected. If I understand your situation correctly, your contractor never should have moved forward past the rough without a pass from the City.

Posted on: 2016/7/26 14:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Wishful_Thinking wrote:
The contractor was, I believe, responsible for the permit. They arranged for the inspection, not me. BTW I came home to a red 'Not Approved ' sticker from the JC Office of the Construction Official on my door.

I 'll ask again anyone with experience dealing with contractors and the city - what do I do next?

Contact: http://www.njcmpi.org/ There's a phone number at the site. You should be able to explain to them what transpired and get some answers.

Also, I don't see a downside in contacting the building department since you already have the red sticker affixed. And the place to start is with your contractor. I hope they haven't been paid for the whole job yet.

Posted on: 2016/7/26 14:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
The contractor was, I believe, responsible for the permit. They arranged for the inspection, not me. BTW I came home to a red 'Not Approved ' sticker from the JC Office of the Construction Official on my door.

I 'll ask again anyone with experience dealing with contractors and the city - what do I do next?

Posted on: 2016/7/26 13:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Why was the inspector coming before the rough in was done? Did you think it would be ready by later in the day? That was hubris.

Posted on: 2016/7/26 2:41

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
If I read your inquiry correctly, the inspector showed up but never inspected the plumbing rough (or failed it), and your contractor went ahead and finished the work anyway. If so, I suspect you have or may have a problem closing out that permit.

Posted on: 2016/7/25 22:46

Jersey City plumbing inspection?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Last week, I had a contractor take out the tub in my condo and put in a stall shower. On the day the work was to begin, the plumbing inspector arrived 15 minutes before the contractor, and left again before I could find the contractor's business card.

The work is done, the plumbing inspector left a message today that he was going to try to get in - of course I'm an hour away at work. Any advice/suggestions about what I can do about this situation? How can someone inspect plumbing work that's been completed and is concealed?

Thanks!

Posted on: 2016/7/25 18:05

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017