Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
120 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 120

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Comparing JSQ condos

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/18 19:32
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
I've started to look at condos in JC as a first time homebuyer. I was actually supposed to view this specific unit in St. Johns and then my realtor told me it was already bought all cash. I have a feeling it's going to be a very frustrating process to find a home to live in with all these investors scooping up places all cash...

Posted on: 2016/3/23 1:46

Re: Comparing JSQ condos
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Everything depends on your needs. St. Johns is close to Journal Square.

Posted on: 2016/3/22 18:56

Comparing JSQ condos
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/17 13:40
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
I've looked at a number of condos in the $140-200K range around JSQ, and find myself drawn to one in the St. John's Apartments. It's small - not NYC small, but it's a studio - but has a killer view, and it has a doorman, pool, and health club. For the same price, though, one can get a much larger apartment - in an older building without any amenities. My question is, thinking of smaller condos and the demographic they appeal to, in the context of the coming (supposed?) gentrification of JSQ, would one or the other be a better value?

Personally, I'm fine with the smaller space - the view, and the sense of St. John's being secure, well managed, with responsible residents - make the tradeoff of space more appealing. And, there is a strong demand for smaller condos downtown (Dixon Mills). But in JSQ, is a smaller apartment associated with real city living a good bet compared to a larger place that will appeal to the typical buyer?

Posted on: 2016/3/22 18:00

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017