Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
130 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 130

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: In Jersey City, Gentrification Accelerates, Changing Neighborhoods and Lives
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/30 19:03
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

Wishful_Thinking wrote:
In downtown Jersey City, folks, downtown Jersey City. Come up to the Heights, and you can see how people have lived in Jersey City for the last 3,000 years!

I find that odd, even Greenville is gentrifying, we had a meeting last night just about this topic on how to slow it down. but I guess you would know better than I since you live there.

You guys want to slow down Greenville getting nicer? lol, that is hilarious.

I have an idea: if you separate out from JC, you can have your own schools, police, etc. which will be even worse than they are now. That will scare any developers off and non-sketchy residents will leave, so gentrification will be stopped. In my view this is a win-win. You stop gentrification and we don't have to have your neighborhood make our city look bad.

Posted on: 2016/3/18 19:19

Re: In Jersey City, Gentrification Accelerates, Changing Neighborhoods and Lives
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

Wishful_Thinking wrote:
In downtown Jersey City, folks, downtown Jersey City. Come up to the Heights, and you can see how people have lived in Jersey City for the last 3,000 years!

I find that odd, even Greenville is gentrifying, we had a meeting last night just about this topic on how to slow it down. but I guess you would know better than I since you live there.

I'm curious. Tell me about slowing it down? what does that mean? I've been DT since 2001, so I've seen the changes here; for better or worse, but I'll leave that for a separate discussion.

Posted on: 2016/3/18 18:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/7/30 1:08
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

from the piece -

"Many of those who were priced out of downtown moved up the hill to Journal Square or the Heights or over to the Bergen-Lafayette section. In part two of our story, we?ll take a look at the impact gentrification is having in those parts of town."

Posted on: 2016/3/18 18:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Wishful_Thinking wrote:

Posted on: 2016/3/18 18:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Wishful_Thinking wrote:

Perhaps a part of gentrification has yet to take root in the Heights, but it can't be denied that some gentrification has taken place. Certainly you are starting to see a lot more affluent, young residents up there. The issue with the Heights is that the logical, eventual aspect of gentrification (restaurants and commercial development to cater to the new demographics) is held back by current zoning and the entrenched interests of old timers.

Posted on: 2016/3/18 17:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/17 13:40
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/3/18 17:33

In Jersey City, Gentrification Accelerates, Changing Neighborhoods and Lives
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/7/30 1:08
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
http://www.njtvonline.org/news/video/ ... -neighborhoods-and-lives/

By David Cruz
Correspondent

It?s only mid-March and the sidewalk cafes are already out. Nannies are pushing high-end strollers past the Citi Bike rental station. If you?re not from around here you could confuse this for a downtown neighborhood in Manhattan or Brooklyn. But this is downtown Jersey City. This is a fairly typical sunny morning on Grove Street nowadays, but it wasn?t always this way.

Watch or read more

Posted on: 2016/3/18 17:00

Edited by Webmaster on 2016/3/18 22:26:42

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017