Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
103 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 103

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City planning more initiatives to help small businesses grow
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
It's a step in the right direction, but businesses need to take ownership when their business fails due to poor market research and poor business plans that are void of any 'plan B'. Just count how many businesses have failed via JClist and add a bunch more not surviving after 1 - 5 years!

I don't know any person that can live on $15 an hour and live in JC without still living at home or renting a bed in a 'flooded' apartment with other people.

Posted on: 2016/2/27 20:46
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
The $15.00 minimum wage will also open up more opportunities for first time job seekers....

Posted on: 2016/2/27 16:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/3 18:37
From DTJC
Group:
Banned
I think a good thing for small businesses would be, I dunno, actually building retail space for businesses to move into? Once you start walking a couple blocks west of Grove St., the area is a virtual ghost town.

I see plans and renderings for all these proposed developments and I'm shocked by how little street level retail there is.

Posted on: 2016/2/27 16:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
4/15 15:15
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CatDog wrote:

Unless the audit ends with everyone in the buildings department being sacked, nothing will change.

Hah! You beat me to it! That is the one move that would in a single stroke vastly improve getting things done in JC.

Posted on: 2016/2/27 16:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

The initiative includes an online portal for small businesses, an audit of the permitting and licensing process for small businesses, and the creation of the city's first Office of Small Businesses.

Unless the audit ends with everyone in the buildings department being sacked, nothing will change.

On an unrelated note, the process for getting an events permit needs to change. Hosting a small barbecue involves spending two days driving around the entire city chasing different people for signatures and writing checks. It's ludicrous.

Posted on: 2016/2/27 15:52

Jersey City planning more initiatives to help small businesses grow
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

Jersey City planning more initiatives to help small businesses grow

By Mak Ojutiku | The Jersey Journal
February 26, 2016 at 6:31 PM

Jersey City Mayor Steve Fulop announced that his administration is planning three initiatives to aid small businesses in the city.

The initiative includes an online portal for small businesses, an audit of the permitting and licensing process for small businesses, and the creation of the city's first Office of Small Businesses.

Earlier this week, city officials announced two new micro-loan programs to assist small business owners and those looking to open a business.

The administration says that these initiatives and previous ones have contributed to more than 450 small businesses opening and 6,333 jobs created in the city since Fulop took office in July 2013.

Read more:  http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... iaitives_for_support.html

Posted on: 2016/2/27 4:48

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017