Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
82 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 82

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: 'American Diner Revival' makes over JC's El Cabanal (FN 2/26 8:30)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/17 3:49
From Erie
Group:
Registered Users
Finding it isn't a problem. It's seen by literally millions of people a week. Actually stopping and sitting down is the issue. I opt to roll the dice and park out front, betting their cook can sling me a TEC faster than the PA can get their act together to ticket me. I've been right so far.

PA if you're reading this, that is not a direct challenge! I'll buy you a coffee! Let these people live!

Your only other option is to A. go park over in Downtown and hoof it back across the tunnel, which would be like crossing Columbus 4 or 5 times just to go to Wonder Bagels. I love you, but no.
or B. park somewhere between Lackawanna and the low rises and again, walk a couple blocks through a less than ideal visual area. That's the better option, but if there's no spot at Erie and 15th, I'd imagine most will keep driving.

Posted on: 2016/2/29 1:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
What Ty said: "How does anyone find this place?"

------------------------------------
The french toast sounds good.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/shows/amer ... to-diner-destination.html

Posted on: 2016/2/28 19:43

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/7/23 2:25
Group:
Registered Users
Well it is good to know the people living in "the taint" have somewhere they can easily walk to eat other than the dunkin donuts at the tiger mart. I worry about all those taint dwellers sometimes.

We all know the "the taint" is happening.

Posted on: 2016/2/28 12:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/17 3:49
From Erie
Group:
Registered Users
I did not see this show, but I did notice a little bit ago that their look changed up. I dig the gumdrop bar stools.
Actually there this morning. Had the breakfast burrito and a coffee. Both of which were very good.

Vibe and food are both real good here, only rub, which I believe will always be their issue, is that there is no parking at all except for illegally out front, which means that you have to get there by foot, which is a miserable walk from Downtown JC or Hoboken. You have to cross the wastelands from either direction. I don't see how you can overcome that.

Posted on: 2016/2/28 2:08

'American Diner Revival' makes over JC's El Cabanal (FN 2/26 8:30)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
'American Diner Revival' makes over Jersey City's El Cabanal
By Vicki Hyman | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

on February 26, 2016 at 2:15 PM

Yet another Jersey diner gets a makeover courtesy of Amanda Freitag, Ty Pennington and the Food Network's "American Diner Revival."

The makeover show targets Jersey City's El Cabanal on Friday night's episode. The down-on-its-luck diner has hit a rough patch brought on by the family matriarch's cancer diagnosis and the cost of her treatment. The Food Network stars have two days to give the diner, at 238 14th Street, a fresh look and reinvigorate the menu with a mixture of dishes that reflect the family's Ecuadoran heritage and American fare.

Freitag and Pennington previously tackled Kearny's The Greeks diner and Westwood's Jack's Cafe. The El Cabanal episode airs Friday at 8:30 p.m. on the Food Network.

http://www.nj.com/entertainment/index ... l.html#incart_river_index

Posted on: 2016/2/26 22:10

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017