Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
151 user(s) are online (130 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 151

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: x-ray
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/12 11:53
Group:
Registered Users

I ended up going to Jersey Diagnonistic Center on 2300 Kennedy BLVD.

I was on time for my 10 AM appointment. I was told to sign in and wait. At 10:38 someone finally asks what i was waiting for. Apparently they forgot that i was there even though i was sitting right in front of the reception desk. Then several people were seen before me because they said they could not read my name when i signed in. They never bothered to check the sign in once since i arrived.

I fill in the paper work. At exactly 12 AM, I am finally x-ray(ed). It took less than 5 minutes...and another 3 minutes to get my CD copy.

I was expecting at least someone to speak to me about the x-ray but i guess they don't do that.....it would have been nice.

I would definitely not go back there again.

Posted on: 2015/8/12 23:46

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/2/13 14:37
From 07302
Group:
Registered Users
Longtime lurker who joined just for this thread. So earlier this year I stepped on an unplugged plug (from my stereo) and fractured a bone in my foot. Didn't really hurt until two days after I did it, at which point the pain was so excruciating, I went to JCMC ER. Lot's of sitting around and waiting (in severe pain), but they finally got to me and took some X-rays, which confirmed the fracture. Gave me some pain meds and a pair of crutches and I went on my way.

Last week, I got a bill for $2k! Insurance covered a little more than half, so I'm looking at a huge bill for some pills and an X-ray. Going to fight it tooth and nail, but I strongly suggest avoiding going there for a non-emergency.

Posted on: 2015/8/6 3:46

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/5 22:41
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

trambone wrote:
Quote:

Jumba72 wrote:
Hello. It is slightly odd that an MRI wasn't also ordered. Most knee injuries are ligament/tissue damage as opposed to bone. JCMC should have the proper staff and equipment to handle a simple xray.

usually need a X-ray first to justify an MRI.

Seriously its not a big issue on where its done, just who looks at it after.
Frequent knee patient here. Mine are always ordered together. Hopefully OP has a good ortho.

The place Tony Poops recommended does xray as well. DTJC view has good advice on the cost.

Posted on: 2015/8/6 2:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/1 0:23
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Not x Ray but I've gone to Hoboken Radiology to have an ultrasound done and was surprised by how fast I was in and out of there. It's within walking distance to the path but I drove and had no problem finding metered parking on the side street on a week day morning in that area.

Posted on: 2015/8/5 14:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/15 0:07
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
On a practical note - I always tried to do things like this in the morning at a place close to work, so I didn't eat up a whole sick day.

Posted on: 2015/8/5 12:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
http://www.newchoicehealth.com/x-ray-cost

I'd check out the cost - your insurance may cover the procedure but you're likely to get hit with co-insurance and deductible. JCMC like any hospital can load their procedures to cover other operating costs. A walk-in clinic or dedicated imaging center like Hoboken Radiology will likely provide equal service at lower cost.

Posted on: 2015/8/5 11:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/30 16:48
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Jumba72 wrote:
Hello. It is slightly odd that an MRI wasn't also ordered. Most knee injuries are ligament/tissue damage as opposed to bone. JCMC should have the proper staff and equipment to handle a simple xray.

usually need a X-ray first to justify an MRI.

Seriously its not a big issue on where its done, just who looks at it after.

Posted on: 2015/8/5 4:31

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/5 22:41
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/8/5 3:21

x-ray
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/12 11:53
Group:
Registered Users

Hi. I have to get an x-ray of my right knee. I have never had to get one. Does anyone recommend a Radiologist or facility?

The most important thing is that it be done right. One of the places my insurance covers is JCMC. Has anyone gone there?

Thanks JClist as usual. :)

Posted on: 2015/8/5 2:03

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017