Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
49 user(s) are online (44 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 49

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: O'Leary's Publik House
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
I've been here twice and found it to be a nice spot. The beer selection wasn't the greatest at the time, but 902 has the site listed as a distribution point which means that the selection has improved which means I'm more inclined to visit. The only downside for me is that the walk over is down Garfield which is rather bleak looking at the moment. Hopefully the park gets completed and it'll be a bit more pleasant.

What is canvas painting night? I might go and give it a shot...

Posted on: 2015/6/23 13:13
Dos A Cero

Re: O'Leary's Publik House
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
FYI tomorrow night(Wednesday) is canvas painting night which is always a lot of fun. It attracts lots of ladies due to the hot instructor. This place is up the road from me and it has been a great addition to the hood.

Posted on: 2015/6/23 10:25

O'Leary's Publik House
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
O?Leary?s Publik House
a blue collar hangout spot

Anyone who asks me ?What?s your favorite interview?? I alway say ?The Pride of the Fourth Battalion?, a post about Jersey City firefighters that went up as a tribute on 9/11. Those few hours I spent with Battalion 4 at Engine 9 and hearing their stories changed my life. Ever since that post I realized that doing this blog was meant to be, that I was meant to meet these wonderful people who make our community so special and tell their story.
Resized Image

For months I?ve been wanting to go back to visit them but time just slipped by. Then recently I started following a new-ish bar in the Bergen-Lafayette area called ?O?Leary?s Publik House? on social media. When I found out that this bar/restaurant was owned by Kevin Hennessey, a local firefighter who also happens to be part of the same Battalion as my Engine 9 crew, I knew I needed to go for a visit. I told Kevin, that he needed to invite my friends from Engine 9 to join the fun! It was time for a reunion.

Resized Image

Story

Posted on: 2015/6/23 10:19

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017