Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
112 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 112

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Condo Association falling apart? What to do?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/5/9 22:13
Group:
Registered Users
I'd be interesting in any info in this matter too. We are a small building (5 units), but it's mostly just 1-2 units/owners trying to get things done. And we've only had one partial owners meeting in 3 years (and no minutes was recorded/distributed).

The part that aggregates me the most is that those absentee landlord/lazy onsite owners won't even bother to reply to emails and put in a vote to greenlight projects and expenses - all the work is already done (the 2 active owners get all the quotes / compare quotes / scheduling /etc).

Posted on: 2015/5/27 15:51

Condo Association falling apart? What to do?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/17 13:40
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
I am one of two people still involved with my condo association's Board, and feel the Board - and resident owners, such as myself - are loosing the ability to manage the building. We hired a managing company 2 years ago who came recommended for it's ability to "turn" poorly managed buildings around (our previous management company being the group that bought the building from the bankrupt original sponsor, and proceeded to mis-manage it and run it as it's own cash cow); however I'm coming to the conclusion they need a stronger hand on our part to help the association effectively.

The biggest problem IMO is the majority of the units are not owner occupied, the investor-owners only care about collecting their rent, and make no effort to get their tenants to obey the house Rules. The premises are looking worse by the day, and we haven't had an ownership meeting in 3 years - the absentee landlords having no interest in participating.

Are there HOA groups in JC I might join or reach out to? Where can I begin reading up on other types of ownership structures? And of course, any advice from your personal experience would be appreciated!

Posted on: 2015/5/27 14:23

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017