Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
89 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 89

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Monthly Parking Lot - Grove Street Area
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
So Yvonne, the people who own where they cannot park in front, like stretches of Baldwin etc, should not be required to maintain their sidewalks? Or maybe be given reserved spots nearby? Your lack of logical ability never ceases to amaze.

Posted on: 2015/1/5 1:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Who else could I be, are you telling me JC's policy for parking under Fulop is similar to Communism? Here is the definition: a political theory derived from Karl Marx, advocating class war and leading to a society in which all property is publicly owned.

Again, show me the ordinance that guarantees you free parking.

Posted on: 2015/1/4 23:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Who else could I be, are you telling me JC's policy for parking under Fulop is similar to Communism? Here is the definition: a political theory derived from Karl Marx, advocating class war and leading to a society in which all property is publicly owned.

Posted on: 2015/1/4 15:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Elected politicians choose to run for office, they are not drafted. They make parking difficult for the rest of us while they have parking behind city hall. Parking has nothing to do with safety, unless you will admit downtown people do fight over parking, something I brought up in the past. By the way, that special parking also extends to non-elected officials like the Business Administrator and City Clerk, both non-residents of the city.

Make difficult = not give you something for free? Politician perks aside, why should you get free parking?

If something was always free, why should I pay for it? Next, JC politicians will be taxing the air I breathe. Let's not forget, the city requires homeowners to maintain their sidewalks and waterlines. So if I must replace the sidewalk and waterlines in front of my property, then I should be able to park there without paying the city anything.

Cities change. Always have, always will. To pretend that cities don't change is living in fantasy land. Wake up.

If the city tells me I am responsible for my sidewalk and sewer lines in front of my property, then I own that spot, then I should not have to pay twice.

Based on what? Show me the agreement.

City ordinances requires homeowners to fix sidewalks and sewer lines.

Actually the water/sewer line that leads from the city water/sewer line, somewhere in the middle of the street, to a person's residence belongs to the homeowner. There are no water/sewer hookups branching off from the main line waiting for a house to be built. That is why when a house is built they have provisions made for a street opening; to hook up the line. It is part of the building agreement, like the electric. The homeowner owns that section of line & ownership passes from owner to owner. I will not comment on sidewalks but if you have your water/sewer line repaired & you rip up the sidewalk, you should replace it.

Posted on: 2015/1/4 15:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Elected politicians choose to run for office, they are not drafted. They make parking difficult for the rest of us while they have parking behind city hall. Parking has nothing to do with safety, unless you will admit downtown people do fight over parking, something I brought up in the past. By the way, that special parking also extends to non-elected officials like the Business Administrator and City Clerk, both non-residents of the city.

Make difficult = not give you something for free? Politician perks aside, why should you get free parking?

If something was always free, why should I pay for it? Next, JC politicians will be taxing the air I breathe. Let's not forget, the city requires homeowners to maintain their sidewalks and waterlines. So if I must replace the sidewalk and waterlines in front of my property, then I should be able to park there without paying the city anything.

Cities change. Always have, always will. To pretend that cities don't change is living in fantasy land. Wake up.

If the city tells me I am responsible for my sidewalk and sewer lines in front of my property, then I own that spot, then I should not have to pay twice.

And where in the ordinance did it guarantee you free parking (for life)?

Posted on: 2015/1/4 1:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 2015/1/3 17:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 2015/1/3 17:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 2015/1/3 3:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 2015/1/3 3:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 2015/1/3 3:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 2015/1/3 0:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SRhia wrote:
How about the parking at Liberty Harbor? I believe non-residents can park there for a monthly fee? I don't remember how much it is.

~160/mo if I recall correctly

Posted on: 2015/1/3 0:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/5/9 22:13
Group:
Registered Users
How about the parking at Liberty Harbor? I believe non-residents can park there for a monthly fee? I don't remember how much it is.

Posted on: 2015/1/3 0:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/1/3 0:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/12/30 14:17
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
That is not true, just recently the municipal court workers, will lose parking which is required by contract. The city sold the parking lot they use during the day and the residents use in the evening. It is also used by people who attend the board of ed meetings at School 11. Now the city will have to spend tax dollars to build a parking deck behind the courthouse for workers but people in the neighborhood are out-of-luck.

As usual, changing the subject and not responding to facts counter to your world view.

Anyway, all of the big residential buildings have indoor spaces for rent on a monthly basis. Grove Pointe is the closest to Grove St.

Curious which parking lot this is that's closing. Is it one of the lots on the Marin/Montgomery corner?

Posted on: 2015/1/2 23:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
That is not true, just recently the municipal court workers, will lose parking which is required by contract. The city sold the parking lot they use during the day and the residents use in the evening. It is also used by people who attend the board of ed meetings at School 11. Now the city will have to spend tax dollars to build a parking deck behind the courthouse for workers but people in the neighborhood are out-of-luck.

You are sounding like a hypocrite complaining about elected public officials (that are exposed to safety and daily travel issues) having parking and then complaining that public servants or government contractors being denied parking.

An elected politician is not a clerk working behind a counter or answering phones, as is a CEO of a bank not a teller. A politician as a CEO or Senior Manager is required to attending meetings and the like off-site.

Posted on: 2015/1/2 23:52
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
the OP asked a simple question. s/he was willing to pay for it. let it go

Posted on: 2015/1/2 23:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/1/2 18:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
This is happening all over the city with this administration, replacing parking with buildings, which impacts the life of residents. In the meantime, the politicians have parking behind city hall. They are not denied.

Incorrect, the city has plenty of parking for rent. What are you denied?

Posted on: 2015/1/2 16:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
everyone always wants free parking. maybe some of us should duitch the car. maybe the city should require that parking lots be pur UNDERGROUND or thoroughly wrapped.

Posted on: 2015/1/2 16:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
This is happening all over the city with this administration, replacing parking with buildings, which impacts the life of residents. In the meantime, the politicians have parking behind city hall. They are not denied.

Posted on: 2015/1/2 16:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/16 11:22
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

meloman2000 wrote:
Hi - in typical Jersey City fashion, my monthly parking lot is being closed to make way for new construction, leaving me to search for a new lot ASAP. Can anyone recommend a decent and relatively affordable monthly parking lot in the area of Grove Street?

Thanks in advance for any input!

Define "affordable." The 7 storey 1000-car lot atop BASE Fitness is reasonably priced in my mind but then I'm accustomed to Manhattan pricing.

Posted on: 2015/1/2 16:07

Monthly Parking Lot - Grove Street Area

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/1/2 16:14
From Jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Hi - in typical Jersey City fashion, my monthly parking lot is being closed to make way for new construction, leaving me to search for a new lot ASAP. Can anyone recommend a decent and relatively affordable monthly parking lot in the area of Grove Street?

Thanks in advance for any input!

Posted on: 2015/1/2 15:56

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017