Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
123 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 123

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Generic Template - Role of the DoE and Superintendent
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
I predict the winning team will be based on a white woman, a black man or women, a latino woman or man and a senior citizen. Most importantly they will be voted because they photograph well together and any policy they have will not come into play - It's a case of the best group photo wins and who covers all the race groups !

I hope I'm wrong, but it appears to be a winning formula in the past !

Posted on: 2014/10/30 19:10
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Full 2014-2017 Strategic Plan
http://www.jcboe.org/boe2015/index.ph ... c%20Plan1.pdf&Itemid=1352

I think this is great - particularly the target grad rates over the next few years.

One section that could be improved: Objective 4.4 - Implement a strategic approach to finance

- Approved vendor lists - seems to have been a hot topic over the past couple of years with outsourcing and security.
- Yearly review of external contracts. Every big ticket line item in the budget should be reviewed and renegotiated.
- Tracking actuals to budget/forecast - and regular auditing.
- Opportunities and incentives for savings - so more money can be spent directly in the classrooms. Perhaps give principals these direct incentives.
- Opportunities to leverage tech. Why not buy Kindles and unlimited book subscriptions instead of textbooks for example?

Posted on: 2014/10/29 15:07

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/9/16 20:18
Group:
Registered Users
great question. As President of the Board I'd like to point you to the work the last Board.

We put together a strategic plan that lays out how the Board and Superintendent will work together to increase student achievement across the District. What made this document different from the past is that it is in depth, comprehensive, and linked to the individual department plans. We use it to prioritize spending, assess the quality of programs, and measure our progress against the targets.

I wish I could send you the strategic plan from the Epps administration but there never was one.

Strategic Plan summary http://www.jcboe.org/boe2015/index.ph ... der=pdf/admin&Itemid=1298

Full 2014-2017 Strategic Plan
http://www.jcboe.org/boe2015/index.ph ... c%20Plan1.pdf&Itemid=1352

Posted on: 2014/10/29 13:42

Generic Template - Role of the DoE and Superintendent
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
This is a generic template for the roles of DoE and Superintendent:

http://www.superintendentofschools.co ... _Bd_and_Supt_Template.pdf

I welcome any and all candidates and their teams to attach their DoE business plan that addresses the above links PD expectations.

I await for some outstanding responses to win my vote and hopefully enlighten others to vote for the best responses and the future for our kids

Posted on: 2014/10/29 9:27
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017