Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
111 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 111

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: $625K settlement for woman who said she fell down City Hall steps in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/12 11:53
Group:
Registered Users

My bad. I wasn't trying to come off and blame Fulop for what happened to the lady.

I was trying to say(and yes very badly phrased by me) that under Healy it wasn't about the people and taking care of the city. It was about him and his cronies getting as much as they could for themselves. I see Fulop doing the same.

The litigious lady is just doing what those in power have been doing all along. Taking advantage of the system.

Hopefully that explains it. :)

Posted on: 2014/8/19 15:55

Re: $625K settlement for woman who said she fell down City Hall steps in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Maise wrote:
The City Hall steps are still in horrible condition. It looks like they are crumbling in several places...pretty amazing they have not addressed this given it has already cost the city $250k.

It could be on the cards already, however it should have been done / budgeted more then 5 years ago

Posted on: 2014/8/18 3:52
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/20 18:54
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
The City Hall steps are still in horrible condition. It looks like they are crumbling in several places...pretty amazing they have not addressed this given it has already cost the city $250k.

Posted on: 2014/8/18 3:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Well, this once again highlights those who prejudge and point the finger too soon - Absolute knuckle-heads

Posted on: 2014/8/18 3:04
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Asif wrote:

Good for her! The voters settled for Healy and now they settled for Fulop...who is shaping up to be not much better than him.

Fulop and his special interest groups, cronies, and friends are making coin why shouldn't someone else??!

Are you pinning this on Fulop? The fall happened in 2010! The Healy administration failed to see to it that City Hall (the city's political symbol and headquarters!) be maintained properly. How is this Fulop's fault???

Posted on: 2014/8/18 0:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Asif wrote:

Good for her! The voters settled for Healy and now they settled for Fulop...who is shaping up to be not much better than him.

Fulop and his special interest groups, cronies, and friends are making coin why shouldn't someone else??!

What are you talking about? This woman fell due to the Healy administration's failure to maintain a building that people are in and out of all day. They knew the condition existed but did nothing to fix it. Quite frankly I have problems with the extent of this woman's injuries. How much of this was her responsibility not watching where she was going? There was someone about 3 years ago who tried to sue a parking lot at Journal Square for failure to clear a patch of ice where she slipped and fell. The whole incident would not have happened if the woman moved 2 feet to the left but her argument was that's where she had walked everyday and the owners of the lot were responsible for not making sure where SHE walked was cleared. She was laughed out of court.

Posted on: 2014/8/17 22:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/12 11:53
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/8/17 20:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Is there a police report on this incident?

Posted on: 2014/8/17 20:07

$625K settlement for woman who said she fell down City Hall steps in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users
$625K settlement for woman who said she fell down City Hall steps in Jersey City

By Terrence T. McDonald | The Jersey Journal
August 15, 2014 at 4:33 PM

A 52-year-old Carteret woman is set to receive $625,000 from Jersey City four years after she says she fell down the steps outside City Hall, a fall the woman says left her unable to perform household chores or enjoy family events.

Mary Rosario said she had just left an award ceremony at the Grove Street municipal building in July 2010 when her right heel caught in a crack on the exterior steps, causing her to lose her balance and "fall violently" to the ground, according to the lawsuit she filed against the city.

Rosario alleged the city was negligent, saying that the "dangerous and defective" conditions of the stairs existed "for an appreciable time" before her fall, and that there was no warning to visitors to be mindful of any danger.

Read more from the Jersey Journal

Posted on: 2014/8/17 16:10

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017