Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
112 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 112

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City's tourism efforts
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

moobycow wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Many downtown would (and have) opposed it, but direct downtown access to LSP would make it much easier for the hundreds and hundreds of tourists visiting the Statue of Liberty to visit downtown for a bite to eat or sightsee before or after a visit.

I would love to see that. I'm not sure how you would do it though without cutting off the marina.

Simple, extend Jersey Avenue. Follow the existing 'stinky bridge' and path, the road already exists on the far side.

Posted on: 2014/6/9 16:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/7 17:48
From 8th st
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Many downtown would (and have) opposed it, but direct downtown access to LSP would make it much easier for the hundreds and hundreds of tourists visiting the Statue of Liberty to visit downtown for a bite to eat or sightsee before or after a visit.

I would love to see that. I'm not sure how you would do it though without cutting off the marina.

Posted on: 2014/6/9 15:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
i'm not sure about houston, but i like shanghai a lot

Posted on: 2014/6/9 15:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Tourists should come see our new, horrible condo towers. We should advertise as "Houston by the Hudson" or perhaps "Shanghai all over again".

Posted on: 2014/6/9 14:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/22 1:46
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Conformist wrote:
I've mentioned the ferris wheel in Staten Island would be better placed in Jersey City before (much better views of Manhattan), e.g. in the undeveloped area of LSP, but no one with influence is actually talking about that happening, and too many people are knee-jerk opposed anyway.

"Undeveloped area of LSP"

God forbid we don't build crap on every square inch of this county. That undeveloped area of Liberty State Park was a toxic dumping ground for the longest time, leaving it undeveloped has allowed the State to skip out on millions in cleanup.

Jersey City should be what Crystal City is to Washington D.C., a cheaper outlying area for tourists to rent a hotel room. Who in their right mind would ever come to Jersey City to visit when anything JC might have to offer exists in a better form in NYC?

Your first problem: a weekly metrocard will get you to Queens, Brooklyn, Bronx, etc. That same card is worthless for transit in to NJ.

Posted on: 2014/6/9 14:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/6/9 14:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/12/30 14:17
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Does anyone know what is going on with fulop's efforts to boost tourism. I see so many tourist in brooklyn, queens and of course manhattan, but few in jersey city or hoboken.

perhaps there should be a county tourism czar or something? also, is jersey city eveer going to have a viable art museum on the waterfront or journal square (some place accessible)...are there any good churches withb good sunday morning gospel which tourists seem to like? how about a sculture garden in liberty state park?

I see a ton of tourists on the waterfront all the time. But there really isn't anything for a tourist to see or do in Jersey City other than gawk at NYC.

Nor does the city have the extreme amounts of money it would require to establish a museum that would actually attract tourists (most subsist on their endowments and have few visitors--there are maybe 6-8 museums max in NYC that are actual tourist draws). In general, "establishing" a tourist destination is not something a city can afford to on its own, and destinations need groups of activities rather than just one to thrive.

I've mentioned the ferris wheel in Staten Island would be better placed in Jersey City before (much better views of Manhattan), e.g. in the undeveloped area of LSP, but no one with influence is actually talking about that happening, and too many people are knee-jerk opposed anyway.

Jersey City is fine as a place where tourists park their butts--and the bulk of their tourism spending--in hotels that are cheaper than the ones in Manhattan. The city shouldn't be try-hard on attracting tourism. That was the mistake of the Powerhouse Arts District--don't make it again!

Posted on: 2014/6/9 13:55

Jersey City's tourism efforts
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Does anyone know what is going on with fulop's efforts to boost tourism. I see so many tourist in brooklyn, queens and of course manhattan, but few in jersey city or hoboken.

perhaps there should be a county tourism czar or something? also, is jersey city eveer going to have a viable art museum on the waterfront or journal square (some place accessible)...are there any good churches withb good sunday morning gospel which tourists seem to like? how about a sculture garden in liberty state park?

Posted on: 2014/6/9 0:11

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017