Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
136 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 136

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City cop alleges retaliation for targeting deli 'connected' to police chief, mayor
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
If a cop only issues parking violations at one particular location, then he or she is in the siht. It can be deemed as harassment if they are doing just that. Also, why is a police officer being so diligent in issuing parking tickets to that location and not informing the 'parking cops' to do it and / or managing that location? You would think if it's such a 'trouble spot' that the parking officials would do anything and everything with the business owner to help mitigate the problem and get customers to voluntarily comply?
I believe that the cop in question has a personal issue with the business and was out for some revenge by specifically targeting the business via it's customers.

I seriously doubt this cop would troll all the shopping strips of JC for parking violators !

Posted on: 2016/7/12 23:06
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Re: Jersey City cop alleges retaliation for targeting deli 'connected' to police chief, mayor
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/11/21 2:00
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

OneSkirt wrote:
Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:
so wait, you're saying a cop actually issued a parking ticket?!

Right?!?!

So how is it ever ok or even legal in court that Police superiors told an officer NOT to ticket illegal parking/blocking of the roadway? How??

Guilty without trial? How do we know the cop isn't exaggerating? In any event, such a charge is incredibly hard to prove in court.

Personally, I tend to believe the cop since such a situation is rampant in many places. But what anyone personally believes is not evidence and won't hold up in court. A long forgotten gripe: I can verify that Gobagool on Jersey Avenue, the Italian place next to Melt and now Dames, had the same situation. One of the owners was a former (crooked) cop. Fire trucks and police cars used to double park in front of the store at lunch time every weekday.

Posted on: 2016/7/12 17:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/11 14:10
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
I'd like the eggplant special w/ fresh mutz please but hurry up I'm double parked and don't want a ticket.

Posted on: 2016/7/12 15:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

OneSkirt wrote:
Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:

Right?!?!

So how is it ever ok or even legal in court that Police superiors told an officer NOT to ticket illegal parking/blocking of the roadway? How??

When a judge says it is by throwing it out of court. Sometimes you have to look the other way, like Hoboken's double parked vehicles over a protected bike lane...it's a necessary evil.

Posted on: 2016/7/12 13:42
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/12 15:20
From Downtown Ex Pat happy in McGinley Sq.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:

Right?!?!

Posted on: 2016/7/12 13:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/7/12 11:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

Judge tosses lawsuit focused on parking tickets outside Jersey City Italian deli

By Terrence T. McDonald | The Jersey Journal
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on July 11, 2016 at 3:07 PM, updated July 11, 2016 at 4:21 PM

JERSEY CITY — A Hudson County Superior Court judge has tossed a lawsuit filed two years ago by a Jersey City cop who had alleged political retaliation over motor-vehicle summonses he issued outside a deli popular with city workers and local politicos.

Judge Joseph Turula found that plaintiff Officer Khareem Miller's superiors did not tell him never to issue tickets to cars double parked outside Carmine's Italian Deli on Mallory Avenue, that Miller's decision to ticket motorists anyway did not constitute whistle-blowing activity and that there is no evidence police brass retaliated against Miller by transferring him to a different police precinct.

Miller "cannot establish that any retaliatory action was taken against him in the form of adverse employment action," Turula said, adding that Miller's transfer "did not affect plaintiff's rank, title, pay or his benefits."

Read more:  http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... political_retaliatio.html

Posted on: 2016/7/12 5:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

LoKo498 wrote:
So now that the bike lanes were officially painted yesterday (5/14/14) on Mallory Ave running past Carmine's deli, when will we see some enforcement.
I still saw double parked cars everywhere parked on these bike lanes at about 1PM yesterday.
Who's going to enforce this, Parking Authority or JCPD?
Then when they are done, they can take a ride down to Bennett & ticket all them cars parked since the entire street says No Parking. Its all the cars from the dealership!

I would have thought both could issue tickets because the car is stationary. If I were on the job, I'd simply take a photo, make a few notes and issue the ticket to the registered owner via the license plates by regular mail (if they weren't the driver, they would need to simply nominate the driver to get out of the ticket).... no arguments, no drama for me!

Posted on: 2014/5/16 4:03
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
The only one who should be getting a ticket at Carmine's is Carmine. The gravy blows. Who the hell puts that much sugar their gravy? Jeez.

Posted on: 2014/5/16 2:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
heights wrote: Let it go its part of the curriculum here in J.C. I ride the bike lane on Adams St. in Hoboken there is a social club and eatery that the locals go to I don't dare invade their space of double parked cars.
Did you really just say that? You don't dare invade their space? It's a public street! You afraid they are going to knock you off your tricycle & give you an atomic wedgie? Try growing a set, you might enjoy your life instead of desparately trying to impress us with your knowledge.

Posted on: 2014/5/16 2:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/23 10:53
Group:
Registered Users
So now that the bike lanes were officially painted yesterday (5/14/14) on Mallory Ave running past Carmine's deli, when will we see some enforcement.
I still saw double parked cars everywhere parked on these bike lanes at about 1PM yesterday.
Who's going to enforce this, Parking Authority or JCPD?
Then when they are done, they can take a ride down to Bennett & ticket all them cars parked since the entire street says No Parking. Its all the cars from the dealership!

Posted on: 2014/5/15 11:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Let it go its part of the curriculum here in J.C. I ride the bike lane on Adams St. in Hoboken there is a social club and eatery that the locals go to I don't dare invade their space of double parked cars.

Posted on: 2014/5/9 17:15
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/23 10:53
Group:
Registered Users
This area is very dangerous with all the double parked cars, espically around "lunchtime". Yes, a lot of the cars are JCPD & JCFD, how do these enforcement vehicles have to right to double park along with huge hook & ladder fire trucks! There is no emergency going on, just purchasing food & eating inside. Now they are painting a bike lane on Mallory Ave, how will they enforce the double parked cars now?
There is plenty or parking right around the corner on Williams Ave.
Another problem spot is on Bennett Street with all the cars parked illegally where there are signs that clearly state NO PARKING!
How is Bill O'Dea & "Chico" and also Steve Fulop going to take care of these problems!!!

Posted on: 2014/5/9 16:39

Jersey City cop alleges retaliation for targeting deli 'connected' to police chief, mayor
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Terrence T. McDonald/The Jersey Journal

A Jersey City police officer is alleging in a new lawsuit that he was reprimanded and then transferred to a different district after he refused to stop issuing traffic summonses in front of a West Side restaurant frequented by city cops.

Khareem Miller, an 11-year veteran of the police force, alleges that police brass told him on numerous occasions that he was not allowed to issue summonses to anyone outside Carmine?s Italian Deli on Mallory Avenue because the eatery?s owner is ?connected to the mayor and the chief of police.?

Posted on: 2014/5/8 16:36

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017