Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
139 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 139

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Lincoln Park Area - Good area to buy or walk away?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/1/12 0:51
From Lincoln Park
Group:
Registered Users
we've been here (fairmount btw jfk and west side) for 5 years. either the perception of the area is changing or the area itself is. when i first wrote on this forum that we were moving here a lot of people said i would be mugged and beaten and robbed. now people are not saying that as much. it seemed fine to us when we moved here. but this area is definitely very parochial, almost on a block-by-block basis. there are apartment buildings in the area. i do not know how many are section 8 but the streets are calmer and easier to park on away from the apartment buildings. in general:

pros: we have a yard and a two car driveway and more space than we know what to do with.

we have nice neighbors who help us out with shoveling snow, etc., when we are away.

it is very quiet.

we have had no issues with our cars, home, or selves since we moved here, except for some reason someone stole two of our garbage cans.

alnooor on west side at duncan makes the meanest chicken pita wraps. those things are like crack.

my wife loves running in lincoln park, and taking the dog there is a lot of fun (there is a huge dog park).

cons: aside from alnooor, we generally need to get in the car if we want good food (i go to some of the other places on west side when i'm home alone, but my wife isn't really a fan).

path is a 15-minute walk (ok for me, since i only do it once or so a week, but could get old during the winter on a daily basis).

no nightlife. doesn't matter to me, but to some it might.

as far as the traffic: since the skyway closed, traffic is a bummer, especially around communipaw and route 440. during rush hours, forget about it. so now, i just go downtown for shopping or sundries. my wife has a reverse commute, and she says it hasn't been so bad. but when i just want to get milk and eggs now i just go to the place by bj's (i forget what brand it is). it probably takes slightly less time, and i'd rather drive than sit.

overall, we see (again, where we are, since the area is different block by block), people on our block renovating and taking an interest in community affairs. we like it here and we are planning to do some major work on our place this spring as well. we are happy to be here. it may not be for everyone, but it's great for us.

Posted on: 2014/5/6 0:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/12 15:20
From Downtown Ex Pat happy in McGinley Sq.
Group:
Registered Users
Our Freeholder is hosting a meeting next Wed. May 7th at 7pm purely about Lincoln Park and the improvements to come this year (including public golf course, farmer's market, and new bike lanes!). Its at the Gallo Community Center room. This would be a really good chance to see the park and learn more about the neighborhood, and meet residents.

Lincoln Park Meeting with Freeholder O'Dea & the County Exec.

Posted on: 2014/5/3 1:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Since it's only a few weeks into the Pulaski Skyway construction I'd want to speak to residents or spend time myself in the area to see how the 1&9 Truck spill off has affected the area-some say the congestion will be worse in two years time when the southbound Skyway gets closed. And the new 1&9 Truck distribution center will be finished and the impact of hundreds of more tractor trailers in the area also will be sussed out by then as well.

Posted on: 2014/5/2 20:52

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/27 1:26
Group:
Registered Users
Many thanks for the comments. Welcome any others.
Thanks !

Posted on: 2014/5/2 20:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
I own a property on Belmont Ave. and used to live on Fairmout. Between West Side Ave and JFK the area is pretty nice. Once you hit Bergen Ave though, the area is mid-rise apartments which is filled with Section 8.

I have lost tenants in the past due to the violence, drugs, and general bad behavior that takes place around those apartments.

Lincoln Park IMO has improved a lot since the projects on Duncan ave were razed some years back.

Posted on: 2014/5/2 20:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
My suggestion - attend the events at Lincoln Park and speak the the people who live there. I recently sat a fundraiser table and met many people from that area. Nice people.

Posted on: 2014/5/2 20:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
I lived there for about 3 years, it was fine. I did not feel unsafe, but that's me. I did not want to buy there because the walk to the PATH was about 18 min or so. There are buses & Jitneys that take you to the PATH but I barely ever used them due to their wacky scheduling.

Its your money, so only you can determine if its a good investment or not. I have searched for a home for two years from the heights to Bayonne before settling on one. When I walked in my house I knew that this was the one. Good Luck to you!

Posted on: 2014/5/2 19:29

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/5/7 19:50
From Bergen-Lafayette
Group:
Registered Users
Do you mean by Bergen and JFK? It seems nice, I have friends who live near there any they like it just fine.

Posted on: 2014/5/2 17:42

Lincoln Park Area - Good area to buy or walk away?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/27 1:26
Group:
Registered Users
Looking at some houses in the Lincoln Park area (e.g. Bentley / Harrison; Bergen/JFK). Walking around get a very mixed vibe - Bergen seems so-so, if not dangerous?? JFK - seems nice. Not sure if the area is getting better or will be the same for years to come. We have a family member who works late at night and not sure about safety in the area.
Any information is appreciated. Would you invest / live in the area? Do you like the area?
Many thanks!

Posted on: 2014/5/2 16:01

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017