Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
98 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 98

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 ... 6 »

Re: Hoboken mayor claims Christie administration held city's Sandy recovery funds 'hostage' to help deve
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
When you have educated university kids chanting that you're rubbish / inept in what you do, sick of the political bullying and cronyism then its time to resign.

Christie should quit politics before it gets too ugly for him and open a White Castle franchise in his home town.

Posted on: 2014/3/19 2:29
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Re: Hoboken mayor claims Christie administration held city's Sandy recovery funds 'hostage' to help deve
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Chris Christie town hall disrupted by protesters again

SOUTH RIVER ? A group of Rutgers University students, as well as union representatives, were kicked out of a town hall meeting with Gov. Chris Christie today.

The group rose up in unison after Christie finished answering a question about why parents who send their children to Catholic schools have to pay taxes to support public schools and started shouting at the governor, blasting him for his handling of Hurricane Sandy relief aid.

One of the protestors called out a chant and the rest echoed it, line by line.

"Governor Christie, we are here to demand, you stop your corrupt uses, of Hurricane Sandy money," they said. "There are still families without homes who have received no aid."

"Be quiet," one woman in the audience yelled at the protesters chanted.

The hecklers specifically took aim at a housing project in New Brunswick that received federal Sandy relief aid.

More: http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/ ... _by_protesters_again.html

Posted on: 2014/3/18 23:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/2/13 22:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/2/13 19:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:

I?m not following your complaint. What?s the issue? Is Zimmer not allowed to spend money if she thinks she is owed money?

It's pretty simple Pebs. If you're claiming you're supposed to get insurance money for necessary repairs on your house (let's say, roof flew off), then you go and buy a brand new car...it doesn't exactly make you look smart. I'm not expecting you to agree with this because it's a strawman or something, but it's a valid complaint.

How far in advance were the garbage cans approved? What was the agreed upon contract for having them built?

If you buy a new car with your own money while waiting on funds for a new roof, there might be a reason for it. Additionally, from experience as a home owner, if you put in an insurance claim, you cannot make that repair until the insurance company can evaluate it. If I make the repair myself and pay for it all, the insurance company could make the claim that I spent more than necessary and won't reimburse me.

I don't know if the Sandy funds are in that situation, but it seems plausible.

I have a good friend with a shore house and he went through the Sandy-insurance nonsense. The insurance company needed quotes and specifics and an appraiser had to go on-site to see the damage. In the meantime his car broke down. Guess where he spent the cash in his wallet.

In regards to your later statement about her being an "opportunistic mayor jumping on a smear campaign"... Maybe yes, maybe no, does it matter? If she's right then it's another black eye to a man that should never have been in the job he's in.

I do find it ironic that you claim she's on a smear campaign against a guy that has made a career out of smearing anyone in the opposition.

The reason everyone is jumping on Christie is because of how many bridges he's burned and how many people he's jumped on. This is the bed he made and now he and his supporters are complaining that its full of bugs.

Posted on: 2014/2/7 23:13
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:

I?m not following your complaint. What?s the issue? Is Zimmer not allowed to spend money if she thinks she is owed money?

It's pretty simple Pebs. If you're claiming you're supposed to get insurance money for necessary repairs on your house (let's say, roof flew off), then you go and buy a brand new car...it doesn't exactly make you look smart. I'm not expecting you to agree with this because it's a strawman or something, but it's a valid complaint.

Nope. It's not. When you run a city you don't screech everything to a halt because the flood prevention funds you were promised are being held for ransom. Presumably this purchase was long budgeted. These attempts to slag Dawn are pretty pathetic.

Posted on: 2014/2/7 20:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Pebble wrote:

Posted on: 2014/2/7 18:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
We just have to wait until US attorney completes their investigation.

I admire Dawn Zimmer's courage. She has my highest respect.

She's a proven liar, by her own testimony under oath. She voted for Christie AFTER the 'alleged' shakedown. She tweeted over and over accolades to him after the 'alleged' shakedown. She only speaks to reporters who would be sympathetic to her 'story'. She sends her husband as a bag man to meetings in which her agenda is to strong arm and bully a political opponent to steer contracts to her supporters.

Her actions caused the city of Hoboken to pay a million dollars in a lawsuit she settled to avoid further political fallout. And the man she fired earned $27,000/year. Her hand picked replacement is earning $110,000/year.

It's all on record now, and it's from her lips.

I'm not shocked you respect her and find her courageous. What I'm not shocked at is that you don't find Christie courageous, because he's accused of the things that Zimmer already has copped to! :)

All of what you wrote about her goes with the storyline. Saying she voted for Christie and making a point about it could back up the shake-down. She wants to avoid future political retribution from a candidate that was going to win the election. Nobody in the state of NJ thought that Buono had a remote chance of winning.

Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Here's a hearty laugh even someone as dim as atsushi can enjoy. Dawn Zimmer is mad for not getting more than $300k in sandy funds, while Hoboken just rolled out their 20 solar power trash cans they paid $120k for.

You can't make this stuff up folks.

Posted on: 2014/2/7 17:48
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Exquisite. Never gets old.

Quote:

Brewster wrote:
The largest sting in New Jersey history, it resulted in the arrests of 3 mayors, 5 orthodox rabbis and dozens of public servants and political operatives.

Posted on: 2014/2/7 1:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
If It's Bribery, This Must Be Hoboken
WNYC Story

Posted on: 2014/2/7 1:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
Judge: N.J. must turn over pension records involving former Guadagno assistant

Thursday, February 6, 2014 Last updated: Thursday February 6, 2014, 2:54 PM

Associated Press

FILE / NOAH K. MURRAY/SPECIAL FOR THE RECORD

Lt. Gov. Kim Guadagno

TRENTON ? A New Jersey judge has ordered the state Treasury Department to hand over most of the documents requested by a watchdog who is investigating the pension deal for a top assistant to Lt. Gov. Kim Guadagno when she was the Monmouth County sheriff.

- See more at: http://www.northjersey.com/news/Judge ... html#sthash.HWqCCzTK.dpuf

Posted on: 2014/2/6 20:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users
ROCKEFELLER FAMILY: We?re not involved in Chris Christie/Hoboken issue, and we don?t own Rockefeller Group

The Hudson Reporter
Feb 05, 2014

HOBOKEN ? The Rockefeller family may be rich, but they don?t own land in Hoboken. They wanted to clarify that because recently, the Rockefeller Group, a development company in New York, has been mentioned in connection with a controversy involving Gov. Chris Christie, Mayor Dawn Zimmer, and three blocks of land in upper Hoboken (see our prior stories, linked after this one). So the family?s PR rep wrote on Wednesday to clarify their involvement.

(Also note: The Rockefeller Foundation, which gave some money to the town for a study last year, is also unrelated to the Rockefeller development group.)

The PR rep wrote:

?I am a public relations associate of the Rockefeller Family. We have been reading your fine articles about the Hoboken situation.

Since I suspect you may be writing about this issue again, I wanted to give you some background on behalf of members of the Rockefeller Family.

As the situation has developed in Hoboken over the past few weeks, the news media have regularly referred to the Rockefeller Group?s ownership of the real estate parcel in Hoboken. Understandably, much of the public has assumed (we have heard from a few of them) that the Rockefeller Group and the Rockefeller Family are one and the same. At one point in time that would have been correct. However, the Rockefeller Family sold the Rockefeller Group, owner of Rockefeller Center and other properties, to the Japanese company, Mitsubishi Estates Corporation, in 1989. There is currently no Rockefeller Family investment in, ownership of or involvement with the Rockefeller Group, and there has not been for almost 25 years.

We think it might be edifying for the public to be made aware of this fact in future stories.

Many thanks for your understanding, and congratulations on some fine work.?

So now you know.

http://hudsonreporter.com/view/full_s ... -Group?instance=top_story

Posted on: 2014/2/6 3:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
Christie appointed New Jersey Transit?s seven board members.

Posted on: 2014/2/5 22:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Rockefeller Group, NJ Transit agreed to build new rail station but left Hoboken mayor in the dark

HOBOKEN ? NJ Transit and the developer at the center of allegations against Gov. Chris Christie reportedly agreed to build a new light rail station in the city ?without involving the Hoboken mayor.?

The Rockefeller Group struck a "memorandum of understanding" with NJ Transit last year to build a new light rail station near its property in the northern section of the city, The New York Times reported on Thursday. Hoboken Mayor Dawn Zimmer didn't know about the agreement, city spokesman Juan Melli told NJ.com. The city has filed an Open Public Records Act request to obtain the agreement, Melli said. (NJ.com has also filed a public records request to obtain the document.)?

Calls and emails to the Rockefeller Group were not returned. A spokesman for NJ Trasit, William Smith, refused to comment on the proposed light rail station.?

The station is reportedly part of the developer's controversial plans for underdeveloped land in northern Hoboken. The Rockefeller Group proposed building a 40-story office tower in the area, a project that is at the center of allegations that Christie's administration withheld Hurricane Sandy relief funds to promote the development. Zimmer accused Christie last month of threatening to hold back relief money if she didn't back the Rockefeller Group's project. The U.S. Attorney's Office subpoenaed Hoboken last week in connection to Zimmer's allegations.?

More: http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2014/02/post_468.html

Posted on: 2014/2/5 22:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/8 21:51
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
http://blog.nj.com/njv_editorial_page ... html#incart_river_default

Christie officials drag feet on integrity monitors for Sandy aid: Editorial

Posted on: 2014/2/5 19:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Analysis: U.S. Attorney?s Trail Shows Hoboken Charges More Serious

http://www.njspotlight.com/stories/14 ... charges-more-serious/?p=2

Posted on: 2014/2/5 17:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/03/politic ... ions/index.html?c=&page=0

This article seems to give something to talk about whether you believe Zimmer or you think she is a liar.

I still think Zimmer told the truth. But we just have to wait until US attorney completes their investigation.

Posted on: 2014/2/3 20:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckrake ... r.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Analysis Finds 'Multiple Irregularities' In Distribution Of NJ Sandy Aid

From the link, thanks for sharing.

In spite of these findings, Gurian said the analysis found nothing that conclusively confirms Zimmer's accusation.

"There is no proof at this point that politics necessarily played a role in state decisions about who got help and who did not in the aftermath of Sandy," he wrote.

Posted on: 2014/2/3 17:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckrake ... r.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Analysis Finds 'Multiple Irregularities' In Distribution Of NJ Sandy Aid

Posted on: 2014/2/3 16:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/4 21:55
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/31/nyr ... s-law-firm.html?src=rechp

Looks like folks are leaving Christie pions faster than money leaving the emerging markets.

Posted on: 2014/2/1 13:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

One out of five units for low income/subsidized housing? Sounds much higher than the average we see when buildings get PILOTS and subsidies, no? I'm sure they could find 48 rental families that were displaced not far from New Brunswick. Plenty of places in the Raritan Bay were hammered and/or destroyed. Just look at the map folks . . .

Posted on: 2014/2/1 1:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/1/31 22:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
https://www.facebook.com/dawn.zimmer.1

Dawn Zimmer's facebook page.

It seems most of Hoboken residents support her.

I find her claim still credible, but we won't know until US attorney completes their investigation. We just have to wait and see.

Posted on: 2014/1/31 21:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
Here's a hearty laugh even someone as dim as atsushi can enjoy. Dawn Zimmer is mad for not getting more than $300k in sandy funds, while Hoboken just rolled out their 20 solar power trash cans they paid $120k for.

You can't make this stuff up folks.

Posted on: 2014/1/31 20:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
What we want in elected officials: honesty and courage

I would vote for Dawn Zimmer if I could. Alas, I can't. I'm not a citizen....sigh....

Zimmer testified under oath, twice, that she doesn't keep a diary or keep notes of conversations. Then she pulls out a 'diary' to discredit Guadagno.

What part of that is honest?

And, besides the fact you're not a citizen-since you live in JC, how could you vote in Hoboken??

Posted on: 2014/1/31 20:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
What we want in elected officials: honesty and courage

I would vote for Dawn Zimmer if I could. Alas, I can't. I'm not a citizen....sigh....

Posted on: 2014/1/31 20:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:

She's a proven liar, by her own testimony under oath. She voted for Christie AFTER the 'alleged' shakedown. She tweeted over and over accolades to him after the 'alleged' shakedown. She only speaks to reporters who would be sympathetic to her 'story'. She sends her husband as a bag man to meetings in which her agenda is to strong arm and bully a political opponent to steer contracts to her supporters.

Her actions caused the city of Hoboken to pay a million dollars in a lawsuit she settled to avoid further political fallout. And the man she fired earned $27,000/year. Her hand picked replacement is earning $110,000/year.

It's all on record now, and it's from her lips.

I'm not shocked you respect her and find her courageous. What I'm not shocked at is that you don't find Christie courageous, because he's accused of the things that Zimmer already has copped to! :)

Posted on: 2014/1/31 18:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/1/31 18:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Yes, googly eyed Zimmer is in deep doo doo....

I think we get it. Misogynist Monroe is projecting his anger at WOMEN!

-Zimmer
-Weinberg
and last but not least...
Hillary (Benghazi!!!!!!)

Christie has only himself to blame in the end. Stop blaming strong women!

Zimmer either lied under oath, or she lied about Guadagno. In either case, she's a liar.

Mrs. Clinton hasn't been put under oath re:Benghazi, but her staff lied about the video being the cause. Whether she's lying, we'll know before 2016.

Weinberg is a hack.

Yes, Mrs. Clinton is strong-must've taken a lot of self control not to skull her husband after he was getting blowjobs in the Oval Office and sodomizing a 22 year old intern with an aluminum cigar tube. Steely reserve on her part.

The other two-Zimmer had to pay out a million of Hoboken's tax dollars over the racial discrimination case loss. And she's so strong a woman she sends her unelected husband to do her dirty work? So strong she'll parade in front of friendly camera's, but refuse to appear when she won't be served puffball questions?

So my issue isn't gender based, but idiot based. I'm against all idiots, these three just happen to be women.

But of course, after you've called someone a homophobe, racist, and bigot it's important to try yet another flaccid and untrue smear.

Because that's what the looney left does, lol.

Posted on: 2014/1/31 18:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Yes, googly eyed Zimmer is in deep doo doo....

I think we get it. Misogynist Monroe is projecting his anger at WOMEN!

-Zimmer
-Weinberg
and last but not least...
Hillary (Benghazi!!!!!!)

Christie has only himself to blame in the end. Stop blaming strong women!

Posted on: 2014/1/31 17:52

(1) 2 3 4 ... 6 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017