Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
123 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 123

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: FBI investigation shuts down Bleecker Street in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
What an idiot - Sacrificing a career and all that education.

These types of individuals are social terrorists. I hope he has the most unpleasant time in jail and comes out walking as if he's spent all that time riding a horse!

Wow, a prison rape joke. Original, compassionate, and intelligent, all in one joke. Yay.

Zero empathy from me with these types of guys - I find this guy more calculating and dangerous then the average drug dealer - I suspect very rarely do they catch the 'chemist' making the drugs.
As for tracking him its quite simply via the hits to a particular website or a bogus website created to flush out prospective 'drug lab rats' - I've read that the FBI even has bogus sites that deals with terrorists (bomb making etc) to flush out 'nutters' !

Posted on: 2015/1/31 6:50
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/27 14:41
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:

These types of individuals are social terrorists. I hope he has the most unpleasant time in jail and comes out walking as if he's spent all that time riding a horse!

Wow, a prison rape joke. Original, compassionate, and intelligent, all in one joke. Yay.

Posted on: 2015/1/31 5:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/1/31 4:28
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

Jersey City pharmacist who aimed to make deadly toxins is sentenced

By Patrick McGovern | The Jersey Journal The Jersey Journal
on January 30, 2015 at  5:33 PM

TRENTON - A pharmacist who attempted to weaponize lethal toxins, ricin and abrin, was sentenced today in a federal courtroom.

Jordan Gonzalez, 34, of New York, formerly of Jersey City, was sentenced to 78 months in prison for his attempt to weaponize the toxins, as well as for possessing a prohibited flask intending to use it to manufacture illegal narcotics.

On May 29, 2014, Gonzalez pleaded guilty before a judge in Trenton to manufacturing the deadly toxins and stockpiling a cache of weapons and ammunitions in anticipation of a "violent confrontation."

"Jordan Gonzalez had in his possession the ingredients and equipment necessary to manufacture dangerous biological toxins and explosives, as well as a cache of weapons and ammunition," FBI Acting Special Agent in Charge Eric Welling said in a press release. "Due to the tireless efforts of the FBI Joint Terrorism Task Force and the Drug Enforcement Administration, the imminent threat posed by Gonzalez did not become a reality."

According to a press release from New Jersey U.S. Attorney Paul Fishman's office, Gonzalez purchased thousands of seeds containing ricin and abrin between September 2011 and March 2013. He also bought materials to extract and administer the toxins to others.

Read more:

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... med_to_create_deadly.html

Posted on: 2015/1/31 3:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
You best get used to that. The government can do whatever it wants.. Warrents are a thing of the past.

Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
I have no sympathy for a drug manufacturer/dealer but I am a little concerned as to how the authorities found out about this guy.

The article just says that he "conducted internet research on the manufacture of MDA." Then he bought materials from EBay.

How did they find out about this "internet research?" Monitoring everyone's Google searches and flagging those who search for illegal drugs?

I am ok with this government spying for purposes of national security and preventing terrorism but not to go after people who search for other things. I can only hope there is more to this story.

Posted on: 2013/11/16 22:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
I would guess that since he was a licensed Pharmacist buying drug making stuff on eBay he became of interest.

Posted on: 2013/11/15 15:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
I have no sympathy for a drug manufacturer/dealer but I am a little concerned as to how the authorities found out about this guy.

The article just says that he "conducted internet research on the manufacture of MDA." Then he bought materials from EBay.

How did they find out about this "internet research?" Monitoring everyone's Google searches and flagging those who search for illegal drugs?

I am ok with this government spying for purposes of national security and preventing terrorism but not to go after people who search for other things. I can only hope there is more to this story.

Posted on: 2013/11/15 5:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
Wow -- Breaking Bad right over Rita's Water Ice on Central Ave

http://goo.gl/maps/mptDr

Resized Image

Rita's hasn't been there since the earlier part of the year It's some kind of cellphone store.

Posted on: 2013/11/15 0:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Wow -- Breaking Bad right over Rita's Water Ice on Central Ave

http://goo.gl/maps/mptDr

Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/11/14 22:24

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/10/3 0:40
Group:
Registered Users
More info:

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... lvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Drug Enforcement Agency special agents and the FBI arrested a pharmacist, and former Jersey City resident, early this morning, after executing warrants at a Bleecker Street residence on federal charges alleging he assembled equipment for an illegal drug lab, New Jersey U.S. Attorney Paul Fishman announced today.

Jordan Gonzalez, 33, of New York was charged in a criminal complaint with one count of attempting to manufacture methylenedioxyamphetamine (MDA) and one count of possessing chemicals and materials to manufacture a controlled substance, according to the release.

Additional warrants were being served in both New Jersey and New York in connection with the investigation.

According to the complaint, Gonzalez used an online auction site, believed to be eBay, to purchase materials associated with the manufacture of the hallucinogen as well as various chemicals and flasks and empty gel caps along with a machine to fill them. The U.S. Attorney's Offices release confirmed Gonzalez used the ebay user name j#0r62n.

Gonzalez allegedly conducted internet research on the manufacture of MDA, the complaint says.

Early this morning, FBI agents and Jersey City police sealed off the area in front of 8 Bleecker St. - as well as Summit and Central Avenues - for further investigation after arresting Gonzalez around 12:30 a.m. today, an eyewitness said. The neighborhood is a residential area.

Juliana Medina, 23, who has lived at 447 Central Ave. for the past year, said she was told she couldn?t return to the building and could not go back inside. At least two neighborhood buildings were evacuated by police as a precautionary measure.

?This has never happened before in this neighborhood,? Medina said, ?This is a quiet area.?

Medina said she received a call this morning to pick up her daughter at a nearby daycare and has been waiting outside her building since 8:30 a.m.
Yellow police caution tape has sealed off South Street and earlier officials had shut down Summit and Central avenues.

In addition to officials from the FBI and local police, agents from the DEA, bomb squad and Jersey City fire department remain on the scene along with ambulances from Jersey City Medical Center.

Jersey City Mayor Steve Fulop was at the scene earlier today and was briefed by police and the FBI.

Posted on: 2013/11/14 18:37

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/10/3 0:40
Group:
Registered Users
School 28 is not on lock down. I called and confirmed this is not true.

Quote:

Reggay wrote:
Apparently the number 28 elementry school is on lock down related to this situation. Anybody have any updates?

Posted on: 2013/11/14 16:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/7 23:14
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Related stories - Jersey City Bikini Waxing

Gotta love nj.com...

Posted on: 2013/11/14 16:33

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/9/12 16:50
Group:
Registered Users
Apparently the number 28 elementry school is on lock down related to this situation. Anybody have any updates?

Posted on: 2013/11/14 15:59

FBI investigation shuts down Bleecker Street in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Jack Durschlag/The Jersey Journal

Federal and Jersey City law enforcement officials shut down Bleecker Street between Summit and Central avenues early this morning to investigate an overnight incident in which one man was arrested on unknown charges, eyewitnesses said today.

FBI agents and Jersey City police sealed off the area in front of 8 Bleecker Street for further investigation after arresting a man around 12:30 a.m. today, an eyewitness said.

In addition to officials from the FBI and local police, agents from the DEA, bomb squad and Jersey City fire department remain on the scene along with ambulances from Jersey City Medical Center.

No further information was available.

UPDATE: Man charged had hazardous materials

Posted on: 2013/11/14 15:29

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017