Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
139 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 139

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Akon stops by his Jersey City home away from home
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Jonathan Lin/The Jersey Journal

When R&B and hip hop star Akon sauntered into a dimly lit Jersey City bar on Tonnelle Avenue last night, there were no screaming fans desperate for his autograph, no paparazzi, and quite frankly, no fanfare at all.

It was almost like he had walked into a different time, when he wasn't jaw-droppingly rich and famous yet.

The recording artist and producer, who went triple platinum with his album "Konvicted" in 2007, said he was on his way to New York City to support Lady Gaga, who was hosting Saturday Night Live in a few hours. Five years ago, Akon signed Gaga onto his label, Kon Live Distribution.

He stopped by the Ringside Lounge at 475 Tonnele Ave. to catch up with Mario Costa, the owner of the bar and restaurant and an old friend, and to chow down on some garlic chicken, shrimp and rice.

"This place is my home. I never come to New York without stopping here," Akon said, looking relaxed wearing a white T-shirt, white khakis, a gold watch and a sport jacket with "84" on the front. He visits Ringside and Costa four or five times a year, he said.

The Ringside Lounge - aptly named since it's next to a house with a boxing ring where Mike Tyson occasionally trained - provided Akon meal after meal when he didn't have any money, Costa said.

Read More

Posted on: 2013/11/18 14:00

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017