Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
140 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 140

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: 3 Port Authority police officers hit by car, treated for minor injuries
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
A little taste of what we see everyday in DTJC. Dangerous drivers rolling the dice with other people's lives. I watched 5 cars, one after the other at a Multi-Stop intersection, blatantly driving through the Stop-signs.

Posted on: 2013/9/21 5:19

3 Port Authority police officers hit by car, treated for minor injuries
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Tsering Bista/The Jersey Journal

Three off-duty Port Authority police officers who were jogging along 14th Street in Downtown Jersey City this afternoon were treated for minor injuries after being hit by a car, a witness and officials said.

The officers -- a man and two women, all in their 20s -- were treated in the Jersey City Medical Center emergency room and discharged at 5 p.m., officials said.

"I saw three people jogging toward the corner as a red Jeep was pulling up,'' said 30-year-old David Schapiro of Jersey City, who was at a parking meter when he saw the 2:20 p.m. accident. "They paused for a second to signal the Jeep to stop, but it didn't."
The driver knocked two of them off their feet, causing them all to fall on top of each other, he said.

The 64-year-old man driving the Jeep Cherokee was served with two summonses for reckless driving and failing to yield, Port Authority spokesman Joe Pentangelo said.

"He did not seem remorseful or concerned after hitting three people,'' Schapiro added. "He did not get out of the car very quickly either. I was there before he was."

Posted on: 2013/9/21 4:11

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017