Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
158 user(s) are online (135 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 158

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Senator John F. Kennedy Journal Square speech Nov 6, 1960….(for Ward E/+JC interlopers)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/3/10 21:37
From The Heights.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

neverleft wrote:

Speaking of voting ?.did you know that Senator John F. Kennedy had campaign stops in JC? One at the Armory 9/15/1960 and one at Journal Square 11/6/1960 a day or two before he became President Kennedy. If you read the speeches you can see how important the vote was in HC and Jersey City at one time.

It is also considered a factor that help get FDR elected. It shames me when I hear about things like this, reading about how JC had influence across the nation and now we just settle for the local crumbs.

Posted on: 2013/5/14 22:31

Re: Senator John F. Kennedy Journal Square speech Nov 6, 1960….(for Ward E/+JC interlopers)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/7/25 21:48
From Van Vorst Park area
Group:
Registered Users
Those are fantastic speeches. And the conclusion of the second speech makes me think of the difference today between Healy's motto, "if it ain't broke don't fix it," and the Fulop plan for specific action, as spelled out in his platform papers.

JFK said: "there is no substitute for action. We cannot drift or sleep or lie at anchor."

Well said. Let's elect the man of action.

Posted on: 2013/5/14 22:12

Senator John F. Kennedy Journal Square speech Nov 6, 1960….(for Ward E/+JC interlopers)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Ward E (and other JC interlopers) the future of Jersey City is in your finger. No not your middle finger directed towards Healy , but your index finger pointing towards the Fulop button on the voting machine. (same difference) If Healy wins DO NOT say it was the JC old-timers fault. This time it is on you the ?interlopers? of JC (lol). If all of Ward E votes for Fulop he will win. Team Healy even admits it. So please go out and vote.

Speaking of voting ?.did you know that Senator John F. Kennedy had campaign stops in JC? One at the Armory 9/15/1960 and one at Journal Square 11/6/1960 a day or two before he became President Kennedy. If you read the speeches you can see how important the vote was in HC and Jersey City at one time. Back then everyone came out to vote. I remember my family getting dressed up to go vote, it was a big deal a privilege.(I think my mom made me wear a new suit from Robert Hall) The turnout in HC and JC got Governors and even Presidents elected. Now we get 26,000 people out of 137,000 registered JC voters to come out and vote. How sad it that? Please vote now.

Remarks of Senator John F. Kennedy, Armory, Jersey City, NJ

September 15, 1960

Full text?

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=74030

Remarks of Senator John F. Kennedy, Journal Square, Jersey City, NJ

November 6, 1960

Full text?

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=25666

Please vote today. We JC old-timers are counting on YOU.

"I do not say that if I am elected President that life will be easy and the problems all solved. But I do say that if we win this election and you and I are both involved - you and I are running together in this election - I can assure you that this country will start moving again,? JFK 11/6/1960 JOURNAL SQUARE JERSEY CITY.

Posted on: 2013/5/14 21:09

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017