Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
93 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 93

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Unregistered vehicle ticket
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/25 17:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
How can drivers and residents in J.C. rectify the situation that happens too frequently? To take the time, and to lose money, and a day off from work just to prove your innocence is exhausting. The current Ward E councilman fought in the city council to have every penny refunded to the defendenent when a boot was used one vehicle. To think he had to fight for something that was due to the ticket holder is absurd. "Well here is the money for that ticket but sorry the boot is a separate issue" the city takes the money for the boot but cannot refund it.

I was booted illegally and they refunded my fee. But I was able to call in a favor with my lawyer and have him send a letter on law firm letterhead. I've encouraged others to send letters certified mail for illegal boots, not sure if it worked for them. But the city was successfully sued for illegal booting a few years back so I think they are wary to see that happen again.

Posted on: 2013/3/14 20:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

njz198 wrote:
My wife has a similar experience where her car got a ticket, had the sticker, all registered, etc. There was nothing that could be done other than show up for the court date.

We went to the parking authority and got a copy of the vehicle parking sticker with a signature from them saying it was valid.

When she showed up at the court, she waited for over an hour only to stand in front of the judge for 2 minutes when she said "you have got to be kidding me, you are not guilty".

Good Luck.

How can drivers and residents in J.C. rectify the situation that happens too frequently? To take the time, and to lose money, and a day off from work just to prove your innocence is exhausting. The current Ward E councilman fought in the city council to have every penny refunded to the defendenent when a boot was used one vehicle. To think he had to fight for something that was due to the ticket holder is absurd. "Well here is the money for that ticket but sorry the boot is a separate issue" the city takes the money for the boot but cannot refund it. I got a parking meter ticket in Asbury Park a couple of years back their meters were not working properly and they knew that but I still had to fight the ticket luckily AP allowed me to fax a copy of the ticket and the receipt from the meter and I was remotely found not guilty. Going to court for insane parking tickets is a blow to the public. The judge said it herself.

Posted on: 2013/3/14 13:06
Get on your bikes and ride !

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/4/11 18:14
Group:
Registered Users
My wife has a similar experience where her car got a ticket, had the sticker, all registered, etc. There was nothing that could be done other than show up for the court date.

We went to the parking authority and got a copy of the vehicle parking sticker with a signature from them saying it was valid.

When she showed up at the court, she waited for over an hour only to stand in front of the judge for 2 minutes when she said "you have got to be kidding me, you are not guilty".

Good Luck.

Posted on: 2013/3/14 12:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Does the registration on the ticket match the registration on the car ? Some kids like to move tickets around in my neighborhood

Posted on: 2013/3/14 11:49
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/12/9 3:01
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks, never got a live person. Will try calling again tomorrow and if no luck head there in person. I would have expected a corner ticket too, but maybe Officer Sweetheart wanted to give me an out.

Posted on: 2013/3/12 23:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
It sounds like you have all of your ducks in order I'm surprised you didn't get a ticket for parking to close to the corner. I'd hang up the phone and take a ride up to the parking authority they're on Central Ave. up in the Heights across from the Blimpie Base and next door to the post office. Lettuce know how you made out with the ticket.

Posted on: 2013/3/12 22:44
Get on your bikes and ride !

Unregistered vehicle ticket
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/12/9 3:01
Group:
Registered Users
Received a parking ticket on Sunday for "unregistered vehicle" while the car was parked on the corner of Jersey and York. I just got the notice in the mail today. Here is the issue, the car is registered and has NJ plates on it. It has not expired. There is also a new JC parking sticker in the window.

Is there something I am missing? How else could they run the plates and it come back as unregistered? I'm on hold with the parking authority but we are now on the 24th minute.

Is this just a case of filling the quota? Anyone else get one of these?

Posted on: 2013/3/12 22:31

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017