Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
140 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 140

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Jersey City election 2013: NJCU teachers union backs Fulop
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City election 2013: NJCU teachers union backs Fulop

By Terrence T. McDonald/The Jersey Journal
on February 27, 2013 at 2:27 PM

Jersey City mayoral candidate Ward E City Councilman Steve Fulop today received the endorsement of a union that represents about 900 teachers and staff at New Jersey City University.

?We look forward to establishing a strong partnership with Steven Fulop and the entire City Council to work towards the enhancement of academic excellence, community outreach, and a stronger more vibrant urban community,? said William Calathes, president of the American Federation of Teachers Local 1839, in a statement from Fulop?s campaign.

In recent weeks Fulop has received endorsements from other labor unions, including Service Employees International Union Local 32BJ, the Northeast Regional Council of Carpenters and the International Union of Operating Engineers Local 825. The three unions represent a total of about 162,000 laborers.

Fulop will face Mayor Jerramiah Healy in the May 14 mayoral race, when all nine council seats are up for grabs as well. Former high school and college basketball star Jerry Walker said he is also challenging Healy, who is gunning for a third full term.

?I am proud to be endorsed by a group people who have devoted their lives to ensure our residents are well educated and have the skills necessary to thrive in our economy,? Fulop said. ?As mayor, I look forward to working in partnership with this group of dedicated individuals and learning from their insights and expertise.?

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... 13_njcu.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2013/2/27 22:05

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017